So first off, I am sending my best to all my Florida and East Coast folks! I know it was a rough week and I hope everyone made it through the storm safe and sound and with fully charged Kindles! It was a scary one so hope you are all doing well.
Things are a still crazy here at home. We are finishing up field hockey season, which is a big time saver, but it’s still sad to put it all away for another year. But it has been an insane week of final practices and games. And then this week I head off for our mini 20th anniversary trip to the beach. I am so excited! Seriously, bed and breakfast, beach food, reading on the sand, and lots of quiet time where I have no responsibility with my awesome husband. What could be better? But things are a bit insane because I come back Sunday and immediately turn around and leave for GRL on Tuesday! So just a quick stop at home. I don’t feel ready at all, but should all be fun.
And last news, today I had a great time at the Washington Romance Writers Reader/Blogger Appreciation Lunch. I know lots of the DC area GBLT romance folks and we get together several times a year, but this was my first general romance event. I didn’t know anyone there aside from Sarah from Smart Bitches, but everyone was very friendly and welcoming. Even though most didn’t write GBLT romance, it was still fun to be part of such a nice event and we had a lovely lunch at Maggianos. The funniest part was a ran into a woman who is now a romance author who I went to middle school with. We were friends back in the day so it was so funny to see her in Romance Land!
Ok, so even though I am away this week, we still have lots of stuff going on. Here is what we have planned…
- Review: Pansies by Alexis Hall (Michelle)
- Review: More Than Okay by Bru Baker (Kris)
- Audiobook Review: Lay it Down by Mary Calmes (Kris)
- Guest Post and Giveaway: Heart Trouble by D.J. Jamison
- Review: Wolf’s Clothing by E.J. Russell (Veronica)
- Review: Enjoy the Dance by Heidi Cullinan (Jay)
- Review: The Little Crow by Caitlin Ricci (Sue)
- Review: A Nice Normal Family by John Terry Moore (Kenna)
- Guest Post: Changing on the Fly Anthology
- Buddy Review: Model Bodyguard by Lissa Kasey (Jay and Sammy)
- Review: Dad’s Nerdy Boyfriend by J.M. Snyder (Kirsty)
- Except and Giveaway: Enjoy the Dance by Heidi Cullinan
- Review: Trans Shift by Noah Harris (Camille)
- Review: THIRDS, Beyond the Books, Volume 2 by Charlie Cochet (Jay)
- Review: If You Can’t Take the Heat by Thianna Durston (Kris)
- Audiobook Review: The Law of Attraction by Jay Northcote (Jay)
- Guest Post and Giveaway: Pansies by Alexis Hall
- Review: Horsepower by J.J. Collins (Kenna)
- Review: Unbreakable Stories: Lucas by Jocelynn Drake and Rinda Elliott (Michelle)
- Review: Delaney and the Autumn Mask by Bonnie Dee and Summer Devon (Sue)
- Excerpt and Giveaway: Certainly, Possibly, You by Lissa Reed
- Review: The Pillbugs of Time by Angel Martinez (Sammy)
- Guest Post: PsyCops Briefs by Jordan Castillo Price
And that should do it for this week!