Today I am so pleased to welcome Santino Hassell to Joyfully Jay. Santino has come to talk to us about his latest release, Insight, which I reviewed here and loved. He has also brought along a great giveaway. Please join me in giving Santino a big welcome!
Hungry for Supes: Paranormal and Supernatural Recs
My new release, INSIGHT, is a mix of paranormal romance and romantic suspense. There are queer psychics, a murder mystery, a conspiracy, and an entire community devoted to the protection and support of psys. And, of course, there’s romance, intense mental and physical connections, and lots of semi-public sex.
If you liked INSIGHT, or are in the mood for hot paranormal romance in general, check out this list of recs.
1. The Sookie Stackhouse series by Charlaine Harris is about a young woman who lives in a small Louisiana town working as a waitress. The best part about this series is that Sookie is a hilarious narrator. She’s smart, funny, and confident. The twist is that she’s a mind reader and has a weakness for vampires. She’s also part fairy, so supernatural characters find her irresistible. This series blends romance with mystery in a way that’s engaging, fun, and pretty damn hilarious. It’s slap stick at times, but it never takes itself too seriously which is part of the charm.
2. Daring Fate by Megan Erickson is a m/m paranormal romance about a world filled with werewolves, zombies, and hybrids. When Reese finds his mate in an unexpected place, he learns about falling in love, the importance of family, and the risks you take in the name of love. This novel is action-packed, full of super dirty sex, and incredibly well-paced. I hear there’s a sequel coming out sometime soon as well…
3. The Psy Changeling series by Nalini Singh is about a world where psy are punished for having desires. The first book, Slave to Sensation, is about a woman who must hide her feelings or risk being rehabilitated. She’s put further at risk when she falls for a Changeling who is hungry for sensation. If you’re looking for an intriguing, sensual, and thought-provoking read, the Psy Changeling series is the ticket.
4. The Black Dagger Brotherhood series by JR Ward is one of my favorite vampire series of all time. The series starts out with a band of vampire brothers who meet their soul mates while battling foes, partying at clubs, and being generally badass. BDB is a world of the supernatural, passion, love, and revenge best served cold.
5. Alasdair is the first book in a three-book saga by Ella Frank called The Masters Among Monsters Series. Frank brings you into a world of ruthless vampires who find love and danger at every corner. It is sizzling, incredibly well-written, and will leave you swept away into the amazing world she’s created.
Growing up the outcast in an infamous family of psychics, Nate Black never learned how to control his empath abilities. Then after five years without contact, his estranged twin turns up dead in New York City. The claim of suicide doesn’t ring true, especially when a mysterious vision tells Nate it was murder. Now his long-hated gift is his only tool to investigate.
Hitching from his tiny Texas town, Nate is picked up by Trent, a gorgeous engineer who thrives on sarcasm and skepticism. The heat that sparks between them is instant and intense, and Nate ends up trusting Trent with his secrets—something he’s never done before. But once they arrive in the city, the secrets multiply when Nate discovers an underground supernatural community, more missing psychics, and frightening information about his own talent.
Nate is left questioning his connection with Trent. Are their feelings real, or are they being propelled by abilities Nate didn’t realize he had? His fear of his power grows, but Nate must overcome it to find his brother’s killer and trust himself with Trent’s heart.
Santino was raised by a conservative family, but he was anything but traditional. He grew up to be a smart-mouthed grunge kid, then a transient twentysomething, and eventually transformed into a guy who spends his days and nights writing romance with an edge.
Santino is a dedicated gamer, a former fanfic writer, an ASoIaF mega nerd, a Grindr enthusiast, but most of all he is a writer of LGBT fiction that is heavily influenced by the gritty, urban landscape of New York City, his belief that human relationships are complex and flawed, and his own life experiences.
Connect with Santino:
- Website: www.santinohassell.com
- Blog: santinohassell.com/blog
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/santinohassellbooks
- Twitter: twitter.com/SantinoHassell
- Tumblr: thatdudesantino.tumblr.com/
- Pinterest: www.pinterest.com/santinohassell/
- Instagram: instagram.com/santinohassell
- Google+: plus.google.com/u/0/+SantinoHassell/
- Goodreads: www.goodreads.com/santino_hassell
To celebrate the release of Insight, one lucky winner will receive $20 in Riptide credit! Leave a comment with your contact info to enter the contest. Entries close at midnight, Eastern time, on March 18, 2017. Contest is NOT restricted to U.S. entries. Thanks for following the tour, and don’t forget to leave your contact info!
- By entering the giveaway, you’re confirming that you are at least 18 years old.
- Winners will be selected by random number. No purchase necessary to win. The number of eligible entries received determines the odds of winning.
- If you win, you must respond to my email within 48 hours or another winner may be chosen. Please make sure that your spam filter allows email from Joyfully Jay.
- Winners may be announced on the blog following the contest. By entering the contest you are agreeing to allow your name to be posted and promoted as the contest winner by Joyfully Jay.
- Prizes will be distributed following the giveaway either by Joyfully Jay or the person/organization donating the prize.
- All book prizes are in electronic format unless otherwise specified.
- By entering you are agreeing to hold Joyfully Jay harmless if the prize or giveaway in some way negatively impacts the winner.
- Readers may only enter once for each contest. Duplicate entries for the same giveaway will be ignored. In the event of technical problems with the blog during the contest, every effort will be made to extend the contest deadline to allow for additional entries.
- Void where prohibited by law.