Today I am SOOO excited to announce a super fun contest I am hosting to help celebrate the release of the Cheesecake Boys Pinup Coloring Book at Dreamspinner Press. Artist Paul Richmond is well known for his cheesecake boys pictures, a gender spin on pin up shots. Many of his cheesecake boys grace the covers of books you have probably seen and Paul has now made a special collection in a coloring book.
As part of the celebration for the release of coloring book, Paul created a very special Joyfully Jay cheesecake boy! You guys, I am so excited about this. I love Paul’s artwork and now we have a special picture just for the blog! So to let you all join in the fun, I am hosting a Joyfully Jay Cheesecake Boys Coloring Contest!
So before we go too far, here is the awesome picture Paul created. Note the book and the Joyfully Jay bird underwear? Seriously, how cute is this?
So to have some real fun with this, I am hosting a coloring contest. Everyone who submits a colored picture is entered to win. You can either go the traditional route and color directly on the hard copy, or you can load the image into the Recolor app and color it digitally! All you need to do is download the picture from Joyfully Jay, upload it through the app, and you can color it right there! (Click Import at the top right corner of the app to upload your image)
And the prize? Paul is generously donating a signed and numbered print from his art store. The winner can choose any small print they want! You can check out his goodies at http://paulrichmondstore.com.
So how do you enter?
- Download the picture from this post and either print and color it, or upload it and color through the Recolor app.
- Post your picture on social media and hashtag it #joyfullyjaycheesecake. Please also tag me so that I am sure not to miss it. You can post it to Twitter (@jayhjay432), Facebook (Jay H. Jay), or Instagram (Joyfully Jay).* If you want Paul to see the picture, you can also hashtag #paulrichmondstudio on Instagram.
- All pictures posted by Saturday, March 11th will be entered in the contest. I will choose one winner randomly from all the entries. Yes, this means even if you aren’t a skilled colorer, you can still win so no excuses!
Full rules are below so please be sure to read them for specific details.
* If you are not on any social media, you can also email me the picture, but if all possible I’d prefer it gets posted online.
A new adult coloring book is putting a sexy, gay spin on pinup art. Artist Paul Richmond’s Cheesecake Boys, released by Dreamspinner Press casts hot male models in skin-baring poses that were typically reserved for women.
“I started the series years ago because I was fascinated with pinup art from the 40’s and 50’s and wanted to reimagine the concept from a gay male perspective,” explains Richmond. “The hilarious scenarios that artists like Gil Elvgren and Art Frahm concocted to disrobe their female subjects never seemed to be applied to male models. I thought that needed to change!”
Cheesecake Boys contains 22 original pinup boy illustrations featuring men accidentally exposing their underwear and more in overtly-contrived wardrobe malfunction scenes that include dog-walking, grocery shopping, and working out. Paul has been sharing some of the images online through his website and coloring enthusiasts around the world have begun putting their mark on the Cheesecake Boys.
“It’s such a thrill to see how people are building upon the simple lines to create imaginative, colorful, and totally unique pieces of art,” says Richmond. Cheesecake Boys is his first coloring book release, but he plans to do more.
Cheesecake Boys Website: http://cheesecakeboy.com
Cheesecake Boys YouTube video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IYXJnQS25f8
Ok, so as I said, we are giving away a super awesome signed and numbered small print from Paul Richmond’s art store to one randomly selected winner. Here are the rules again, along with some more specifics.
- To enter, post your completed colored picture of the Joyfully Jay Cheesecake Boy on social media and hashtag it #joyfullyjaycheesecake and tag me as well via Twitter (@jayhjay432), Facebook (Jay H. Jay), or Instagram (Joyfully Jay). You can post it at any one of these locations (it doesn’t have to be all three) and you get one entry per colored picture regardless of how many times you post it.
- Pictures can be colored by hand or using a coloring app.
- You can submit multiple entries by coloring and submitting multiple completed colored pictures. Each entry must be different and subject to the discretion of Joyfully Jay (no just changing hair color and calling it a day, you guys)
- All pictures must be posted by Saturday, March 11th at 11:59 pm ET. I will choose one winner randomly from all the entries.
- By entering, you are giving Jay and the Joyfully Jay blog the right to share your colored picture either here at Joyfully Jay or on social media to promote the blog or the contest.
- If you do not have any social media access, you can email me your entry at firstname.lastname@example.org by the contest closing date.
And more fine print…
- By entering the giveaway, you’re confirming that you are at least 18 years old.
- Winners will be selected by random number. No purchase necessary to win. The number of eligible entries received determines the odds of winning.
- If you win, you must respond to my email within 48 hours or another winner may be chosen. Please make sure that your spam filter allows email from Joyfully Jay.
- Winners may be announced on the blog following the contest. By entering the contest you are agreeing to allow your name to be posted and promoted as the contest winner by Joyfully Jay.
- Prizes will be distributed following the giveaway either by Joyfully Jay or the person/organization donating the prize.
- All book prizes are in electronic format unless otherwise specified.
- By entering you are agreeing to hold Joyfully Jay harmless if the prize or giveaway in some way negatively impacts the winner.
- In the event of technical problems with the blog during the contest, every effort will be made to extend the contest deadline to allow for additional entries.
- Void where prohibited by law.