So as you all know, I have been thinking about rock stars a lot lately and reading a lot of rock star romances. When I mentioned planning this theme week, I got a lot of positive feedback from readers who really love rock star stories. So as I got ready to launch Rock Star Week, I started thinking about what is it that I find so enjoyable about this type of story.
Even outside of books, rock stars and musicians are incredibly appealing. What other profession has such an abundance of groupies? Fans that are throwing themselves at the band, dying for a chance at them. There is a whole culture surrounding people who follow bands from show to show. I mean, people throw their underwear at rock stars! And I think the same things that make real life rockers so hot are often the same things makes rock star romances appealing as well.
Here are my top three reasons rock stars are hot:
1. Rhythm– Ok, that might sound weird, but what I mean is that rock stars and musicians clearly have an excellent sense of musicality, and that rhythm often makes its way into how they move on and off the stage. Watching those gyrating hips and thrusting pelvises all moving in time to the music, we can’t help but think of sex, can we? Even the way they manipulate their instruments, almost like an extension of their bodies is sexy. Not to mention drummer arms…
- Adder by Ally Blue
- Heaven Sent series by Jet Mykles
- Conquest series by S.J. Frost
- The Missing Butterfly by Megan Derr
- A Fool for You by Cat Grant
- American Love Songs by Ashlyn Kane
- Riot Boy by Katey Hawthorne
- With the Band by L.A. Witt
- Lucky Moon series by Piper Vaughn and M.J. O’Shea
- Lovegames by M. Jules Aedin
- Outfoxed by K-lee Klein
- Wild Horses by D. River
- A Red-Tainted Silence by Carolyn Gray
- Indigo Knights by Jet Mykles
- Reverb by Jet Mykles
- Dark Angels series by Z. Allora
- The Band by Mychael Black and Shayne Carmichael
- D.N.A.: Double Helix by Jaye Valentine
- The Curtis Reincarnation by Zathyn Priest
- Shades of Dreams by T.A. Chase
- The Far Away Years by L. F. Blake
- Shattered Glass by A.C. Katt
- Batteries Not Included by J.L. Merrow
- One Wish series by Devon Rhodes
- Market series by Louisa Edwards
- Laid Bare by Lauren Dane
Also, Goodreads has a list of Best Gay Rockers voted by their readers that you may also want to check out.
So there we have it! What do you all think? Any favorites that I left out? Let me know and I will add them to our master list.
I hope you all enjoy this week. Lots of good stuff to come! Jay