Hi everyone! I hope you all are having a good weekend. Things have been pretty crazy here. We lost power Friday night in a big storm and as of now (Saturday night) we are still without power. Fortunately my in-laws live nearby and they never lost power so we all packed up (along with my sister-in-law and her family) and headed over there. Unfortunately we are going to lose a lot of food, but at least we have someplace cool and comfortable to sleep. Apparently 1.2 million+ people lost power in just the MD/DC/VA area so it might be a while before we get it back.
On the fun side, we are getting ready for our trip to Scotland next week. We have been doing all our last minute shopping and making some arrangements for things to do while we are there. It is still going to be a crazy week though. My younger daughter is leaving for sleepaway camp about 8 hours before we get on the plane so we have lots of packing to do. She’ll be joining my older daughter who left for camp last week.
I had orginally expected things to be fairly slow on the blog while I am gone, but somehow we have turned out to have quite a full schedule. The first week will have lots of reviews and two great guest posts. And the second week will be our Spectacular Series Week!! I am really excited for this one, especially since it sort of came out of nowhere from a casual discussion with my reviewers and morphed into a full scale theme week. We have have great guest posts, giveaways, series spotlights, and other fun stuff. So yeah!
Oh, and did I mention I have Kilt of the Day pictures for you every day while I am gone in Scotland? See how much I love you guys?
But let’s not get to far ahead of ourselves. We have a great week lined up for you all this week.
- Favorite Books in June
- Favorite Covers in June
- Review: Saviours of Oestend by Marie Sexton (Jay)
- Review: Sacrificed (Little Boy Lost #6) by J.P. Barnaby (Jay)
- Guest Post and Giveaway: Tal Valante (All My Crimes blog tour)
- Review: An Honorable Man by Edward Kendrick (Melanie)
- Review: Forbidden Fruit by Edward Kendrick (Sammy)
- Guest Post and Giveaway: Charlie Cochet (Auspicious Troubles of Chance)
- Review: Full Circle by R.J. Scott (Melanie)
- Review: Lucius’ Bite by K-Lee Klein (Jay)
- Review: One Last Kiss Goodbye by N.J. Nielsen (Melanie)
That’s about it for this week. Hope you all have a great week!