Well Jock Week is coming to a close. It has been a spectacular week with lots of great posts and lots of visitors. I had so much fun reading about all our athletic heroes in so many different sports. I hope you guys got a chance to learn about some new books and share our love for the jock!
So I just wanted to recap our week and also give some big thanks to the folks who helped make it all possible.
First off, an enormous thank you to my AMAZING reviewers, Amy, Crissy, Melanie, and Sammy! I could never have pulled off this event without them. These ladies are always awesome and give so much of their time to help out on the blog. But this week they outdid themselves by reading so many more books than usual and really putting in some much time and effort to support the event. So as always ladies, you totally rock! And please send them some love guys!
In case you missed any of the reviews, here are the links to all our Jock book reviews this week:
- Where He Ends and I Begin by Cardeno C
- Caught Running by Madeline Urban and Abigail Roux
- Life, Over Easy by K.A. Mitchell
- Stroke to His Cox by J.L. Merrow
- Stalker by R.D. Hero
- My Rommate’s a Jock? Well, Crap! by Wade Kelly
- Love Match by Keira Andrews
- Two-Man Advantage by Riley Shane
- Str8te Boys by Evangeline Anderson
- Match Maker by Alan Chin
- Tigerland by Sean Kennedy
- Home Ice by Kate Sherwood
- The 51st Thursday by Mercy Celeste
- Adding to the Collection by B.A. Tortuga
- But My Boyfriend Is by K.A. Mitchell
- Going for Gold anthology edited by E.M. Lynley
- Slow Bloom by Anah Crow and Dianne Fox
- Spot Me by Andrew Grey
- Rough Riders by Devon Rhodes
- Hard Fall by James Buchanan
- Simple Men by Eric Arvin
I also want to thank my fabulous guest posters. It is always so much fun to hear other people’s perspective on books and these folks are shared some great thoughts about athletes and jock stories. So big thanks to Kris, Katey, Anne, Kate, and Keira. And if you missed any of their posts, here are the links:
- Why Jocks Make Great Heroes by Kris
- Drama, Testosterone, and Passion: The Appeal of M/M and Sports by Keira Andrews
- Why I Love Baseball by Kate McMurray
- Rather Be Wet by Katey Hawthorne
- Ball-Sports for Dummy Writers by Anne Tenino
And of course, an enormous thanks to all the fine folks who donated books to our spectacular giveaway! We had 64 prizes donated by some incredible authors and publishers. If you haven’t yet entered, the contest is open until 11:59 pm EST tonight, so get on over and leave a comment on our Jock Week Giveaway!. And please show all these fine folks some love by maybe picking up a book or two on your own from this fabulous list (for a full list of those who donated books, please see our Giveaway Preview).
We also have a great list of Favorite Jock Books you should be sure to check out if you are ever in the mood for more athelete stories.
I’ll be contacting the giveaway winners as soon as possible. Please be patient with me as it may take a while to get to everyone.
So that is about it for Jock Week. Thanks again to everyone who helped make it great. I’m already thinking of ideas for our next theme week. Thanks again!