Hi guys! I am so excited to welcome back Taylor V. Donovan to the blog. Taylor is here to talk about her newest release, Six Degrees of Separation. She has also brought goodies to giveaway! Welcome Taylor!
Are We Really Strangers?
Six Degrees of Separation is the unproven theory that anyone can be connected to any other person through a chain of acquaintances that has no more than five intermediaries. It is also the foundation of “By Degrees,” my serial featuring an ensemble cast and multiple points of view.
Personally, I’ve met someone who knows somebody else I’ve previously also met at least four times in my life, so the idea that some of our characters in “By Degrees” can say the same is not as farfetched as it’d seem. Plus, it is romantic suspense, so why not add a serial killer to the mix? See how everybody feels knowing they’ve been rubbing shoulders with a monster? I’ve got to say, getting to know the players has been an amazing journey. Following the chain and discovering how their lives are intertwined, and having the opportunity to make them all three-dimensional is an absolute thrill.
But I’m not here to tell you about my books. You can visit my blog if you want to find out about that. Today we’re just going to do a giveaway.
Although the Six Degrees of Separation theory has yet to be proven, it has become widely accepted, and I know I’m not the only one with their our own stories that support it. So what’s yours? Ever experienced this situation? Is the guy you’re dating the nephew of your third grade teacher’s brother in law? Is there something weird you’d like to tell us?
Your comments will enter you for an opportunity to win the four installments in the series to date, or a copy of Six Degrees of Separation if you’ve already read the rest, so come on. Share with us!
In the sequel to Six Degrees of Lust, F.B.I. team leader Samuel Shaughnessy and bar manager Machlan O’Bannon are exploring a new phase in their non-relationship. The intention is to take it slowly but power plays are still their favorite activity, and it isn’t long before lines begin blurring. After ending their friends with benefits agreement no rules are left in place to guide them, and soon enough the only thing that’s clear is that neither man is fighting hard enough to reestablish the boundaries.
Their particular situations haven’t improved in the three months since their first encounter. Sam is still focused on his immediate family issues, and everything indicates Mac will have to go to war with his own family before he can reclaim his freedom. The last thing they need is additional complications.
But when the opening of a night club brings Mac to New York City and a break in the Leviticus investigation leads Sam to Houston, they discover how closely their worlds have been connected from the very beginning. Hiding from the life-altering collision is not an option. Will they take the easier road and go their separate ways, or will they come to terms with their past and take a chance on each other?
* By Degrees is an ensemble serial with continuing story lines. Six Degrees of Separation is the second installment, and it must be read after Six Degrees of Lust.
Taylor has brought a copy of the four installments in her By Degrees series, or a copy of the newest release, Six Degrees of Separation, if you already have the rest. Just leave a comment at the end of the post (and feel free to share your own Six Degrees stories). The contest closes on Sunday, September 1st at 11:59 pm EST.
- By entering the giveaway, you’re confirming that you are at least 18 years old.
- Winners will be selected by random number. No purchase necessary to win. The number of eligible entries received determines the odds of winning.
- If you win, you must respond to my email within 48 hours or another winner may be chosen. Please make sure that your spam filter allows email from Joyfully Jay.
- Winners may be announced on the blog following the contest. By entering the contest you are agreeing to allow your name to be posted and promoted as the contest winner by Joyfully Jay.
- Prizes will be distributed following the giveaway either by Joyfully Jay or the person/organization donating the prize.
- By entering you are agreeing to hold Joyfully Jay harmless if the prize or giveaway in some way negatively impacts the winner.
- Readers may only enter once for each contest. Duplicate entries for the same giveaway will be ignored. In the event of technical problems with the blog during the contest, every effort will be made to extend the contest deadline to allow for additional entries.
- Void where prohibited by law.