Hi everyone! Today I am pleased to welcome author AKM Miles to the blog. AKM is here as part of the Joyful Approach: Countdown to GRL. She is also introducing herself and her work, as well as giving away a copy of her book All in the Details. So please join me in giving AKM a big welcome!
I recently finished a book for MLR Press called Not So Different and it should be out in the near future. It’s a story about Clay and Joseph and they are pretty much polar opposites when they meet, but in time, and through trials, they find that they’re not that different after all.
The cover has just been finished for NSD and I love Clay’s picture on it. On that note, I want to talk about cover art and artists. I can’t tell you how excited I am when I can work with an artist and get that cover just the way I picture it, the perfect model or setting to depict the story within. I love love the process and appreciate being able to be part of it. Thanks to all the great cover artists I’ve worked with since I started in 2007…you know who you are. Who are some of your favorite cover artists?
My most recent book, already out there, is All in the Details, which I loved writing. Beau and Nash were great fun. There was a scene where they were singing theme songs from old westerns. Besides the fact that I would know them anyway from watching when I was growing up, there was a girl in college who used to sing them in the shower. It was a hoot. We would all gather around the sinks in the dorm and listen to her in the shower just singing away about Cheyenne, Sugarfoot, or Maverick. Too funny. What themes are part of your memories?
I also have a new web site and would love for you all to come by and leave comments, check it out, find out what’s new and so on. You can find it at www.akmmiles.com.
In my spare time, I am a photographer. Currently, I am showing in three shows in town with the club I’m in. It’s a great hobby. I have been doing a lot of model shoots lately. It’s interesting and I’m learning about it. I like shooting outdoors, not studio. I love shooting horses and flowers, too. Those are my preferences for photography. What are yours, either to shoot or to view?
I started writing in 2007 and have come a long way since then. I love what I do and I’m glad that there are readers out there who like my style of writing. The response I’ve gotten from readers keeps me going and makes me very happy.
I also enjoyed going to GRL last year and was a total fan girl. Meeting those authors that I read all the time was great and I can so understand the fans who come by at the signing. I’m going again this year and am looking forward to seeing my friends again and meeting some new ones. Who are you looking forward to seeing this year?
Listen, I read entirely too much. I can’t quit. I read when I should be writing. I take my Kindle everywhere I go. I don’t mind waiting to get my allergy shot or at the doctor’s office. Others complain. I’m fine as long as I can just sit and read. I read when I’m on the…treadmill. What did you think I was going to say? Ha! Yeah, there, too. What? You know you do, too! Where do you like to read?
I like to travel. I love Milwaukee, Gatlinburg, and Panama City Beach. Did you think I meant like really travel? No chance, but I love going back to those places. Have a trip planned to Gatlinburg in September and have been to Milwaukee already this year. Can’t wait to get back to PCB. Where do you like to travel?
Have I rambled on enough to bore you? I hope not.
Thanks for reading and especially thank you to those who let me know how you feel about my books. Hearing that a book touched someone or made them feel a certain thing, that feeds my soul.
AKM is offering up a copy of her book All in the Details to one lucky reader. Just leave a comment below to enter. The contest closes on Sunday, September 15th at 11:59 pm EST.
- By entering the giveaway, you’re confirming that you are at least 18 years old.
- Winners will be selected by random number. No purchase necessary to win. The number of eligible entries received determines the odds of winning.
- If you win, you must respond to my email within 48 hours or another winner may be chosen. Please make sure that your spam filter allows email from Joyfully Jay.
- Winners may be announced on the blog following the contest. By entering the contest you are agreeing to allow your name to be posted and promoted as the contest winner by Joyfully Jay.
- Prizes will be distributed following the giveaway either by Joyfully Jay or the person/organization donating the prize.
- By entering you are agreeing to hold Joyfully Jay harmless if the prize or giveaway in some way negatively impacts the winner.
- Readers may only enter once for each contest. Duplicate entries for the same giveaway will be ignored. In the event of technical problems with the blog during the contest, every effort will be made to extend the contest deadline to allow for additional entries.
- Void where prohibited by law.