Hi guys! Today I am very excited to welcome author Clancy Nacht to Joyfully Jay. Clancy is here as part of the Joyful Approach: Countdown to GRL and is sharing some more details on her new release, You’re Welcome. Love, Your Cat. She has also brought a copy to give away to one lucky reader! So please join me in giving her a big welcome![Br]
Cats are wonderful, loving animals if you treat them right. My mom maintains that I was raised by cats, so that may explain my attitude about my nannycat Monty and all subsequent feline caretakers who have done their best to monitor and mentor me. It’s also why it was so natural to write a story with cats gently guiding the protagonists together with their own quiet romance. Don’t worry, there’s no on-page cat action.
The story, You’re Welcome. Love, Your Cat, is about a man named Edwin who loses his life partner and devotes his life to caring for his cat and vowing celibacy. As much as the cat, Frannie, loves her human companion, she knows that as his caretaker, she needs to make sure he gets more out of life. And, as she is a cat, if she finds a way to benefit herself….
Frannie escapes and finds love with a rough-and-tumble tom cat named Nasty who is caring for his person, a rough around the edges mechanic named Forrest. As it turns out, rough is exactly what Frannie and her charge need. While she can mostly count on nature taking its course, Frannie is there to guide them with a gentle paw.
My darlings always help me with my writing. When they’re not, you know, testing out this whole “mouse is a metaphor” thing.
They do their best to keep me on track.
They know when to call it quits for the day.
But the lesson they’ve really taught me is to share.
Which is why I am going to share a copy of You’re Welcome. Love, Your Cat, written with Thursday Euclid released on Loose Id with one lucky commenter on the blog!
Just leave a comment at the end of the post to enter to win a copy of You’re Welcome. Love, Your Cat. The contest closes Thursday, September 26th at 11:59 pm EST.
- By entering the giveaway, you’re confirming that you are at least 18 years old.
- Winners will be selected by random number. No purchase necessary to win. The number of eligible entries received determines the odds of winning.
- If you win, you must respond to my email within 48 hours or another winner may be chosen. Please make sure that your spam filter allows email from Joyfully Jay.
- Winners may be announced on the blog following the contest. By entering the contest you are agreeing to allow your name to be posted and promoted as the contest winner by Joyfully Jay.
- Prizes will be distributed following the giveaway either by Joyfully Jay or the person/organization donating the prize.
- By entering you are agreeing to hold Joyfully Jay harmless if the prize or giveaway in some way negatively impacts the winner.
- Readers may only enter once for each contest. Duplicate entries for the same giveaway will be ignored. In the event of technical problems with the blog during the contest, every effort will be made to extend the contest deadline to allow for additional entries.
- Void where prohibited by law.