Hi everyone! Today I am so happy to welcome author Cherie Noel to Joyfully Jay! Cherie is here as part of the Joyful Approach Countdown to GRL and to talk us more about why she writes stories with pretty boys in love. She is also offering up a great giveaway so be sure to check that out at the end of the post. Welcome Cherie!
Pretty Boys, Love, and Penises
Pfft… I thought and thought about what to write this blog about, trying desperately to corral my wayward thoughts into a brilliant blog. Sheesh. Funny I manage on my better days, with occasional flashes of keen insight… but though brilliance and I do trip over one another now and again, I swear it’s none of my doing. In fact, I spent most of the day banging my head against my newly cleaned desktop—because cleaning is almost always easier, more enticing, and nearly addictive when I’m facing a hard deadline—go figure.
Eh, in addition to my early onset of severe Tilex Trouble, I also have a bad case of Squirrelitis Stupindium… yeah I may have made that name up. The difficulty focusing on anything pertaining to my actual writing career—either working on a manuscript or doing handy promo type stuff like this—has been going on forever (at least since the first time I got dropped on my head). Well, maybe for, like, a decade. Or, you know, probably since yesterday. Sheeesh! Get all nit-picky why don’t you?
Where was I? Oh, that’s right. Finding an actual topic for this post. Okay, so I spent the whole day totally stumped. This has been happening ever since I signed up to write the darn thing, and when the kidlet came home from school I finally reached the point of desperation. Turning to mini-me, I asked what she thought I should write about. Without missing a beat, she told me to write about magic moments.
“You know, mom… like in your Rescue Twinks books. They always have this one moment where everything just comes together for them and it’s… perfect. It’s their magic moment. You should write about that. Especially because even though people want that, they still all have their Cinderella moments. You know, like when she’s at the ball, and then she has to zip out because her dress is turning into rags. Yeah, we all have those moments too, even if we don’t like to admit to them.”
Huh. Out of the mouths of babes and all that jazz.
I write about pretty boys falling in love. It really doesn’t matter if their prettiness is on the inside, the outside, or both. Nor does it matter whom they fall in love with. Some of my story boys are bisexual, and some are FTM transitioning and some are plain ole boys born with boy plumbing who get excited by the tackle other guys are carting around. That doesn’t matter though, because the important points are simply pretty and love.
Why pretty and love?
The whole darn world is frighteningly good at dishing out the ugly hate without a lick of help from me, so I just toddle over to the pretty love section and start getting groovy with words and ideas and shiny shininess.
Okay, pay attention now.
I write about pretty boys.
I write about love.
I give every single main character a happily ever after.
EVERYONE deserves an HEA, especially after I get done dragging them through a wringer or three. If you want a little snippet of this, check out my Rescue Twinks.
That’s all… except I am truly looking forward to seeing you all at GRL (best romance con evah!) or, if you can’t make it to Atlanta this year, to wherever the world lets us bump up against one another. Cause seriously? The world is freaking tiny. Don’t worry, we’ll run into each other sooner or later. I’ll be the goofy, gorgeous, green-eyed chick with pens stuck in my hair that match the earrings my sweet, prickly, angst-ridden teen made for me (the earrings, not the pens)…
Oh, and a final thought. I love writing the word pen. It’s the first bit of the word penis, and everybody can use a little dick now and then. Just sayin’.
Cherie is offering up a copy of any of her solo books to one lucky reader. Just leave a comment at the end of the post to enter. The giveaway closes on Saturday, September 7th at 11:59 pm EST.
- By entering the giveaway, you’re confirming that you are at least 18 years old.
- Winners will be selected by random number. No purchase necessary to win. The number of eligible entries received determines the odds of winning.
- If you win, you must respond to my email within 48 hours or another winner may be chosen. Please make sure that your spam filter allows email from Joyfully Jay.
- Winners may be announced on the blog following the contest. By entering the contest you are agreeing to allow your name to be posted and promoted as the contest winner by Joyfully Jay.
- Prizes will be distributed following the giveaway either by Joyfully Jay or the person/organization donating the prize.
- By entering you are agreeing to hold Joyfully Jay harmless if the prize or giveaway in some way negatively impacts the winner.
- Readers may only enter once for each contest. Duplicate entries for the same giveaway will be ignored. In the event of technical problems with the blog during the contest, every effort will be made to extend the contest deadline to allow for additional entries.
- Void where prohibited by law.