Today I am very excited to welcome not one, but TWO fabulous authors to the blog. SJD Peterson and Scotty Cade are here as part of our Joyful Approach Countdown to GRL and to talk to us more about their books and their close bond. They are also giving away a two of their books to one lucky winner!
Scotty Cade & SJD Peterson
When I wrote my first book, I never dreamed in a million years that I would get published. I was over the moon when I received a contract for Lorcan’s Desire. Once the contract was signed, I stopped took a deep breath and asked myself, “What now?” I had no clue what the hell I was doing, what I should do next, who I should talk to. I was LOST.
Then I made the fateful decision to post on the Dreamspinner Author group seeking authors who may want to be featured on my blog. The response was amazing from my new family of fellow Dreamspinner authors. One in particular, changed my life forever.
Scotty Cade was a relatively new author as well, his first book Final Encore was published just six months before my first. Scotty answered my post and from that first email, we built a connection. Over two years later, there has rarely been a day that goes by that we haven’t spoken to each other either through email, text or on the phone. He’s become my best friend and closest confidant. Together we navigated the waters of this crazy new world of published authors and it was so much easier, much more rewarding not having to do it alone.
Last year, Scotty and I attended GRL together, we sat at the same table for the book signing and this year will be no different. (At least I hope!) I would never attend such an amazing event without my amazing BFF, because without him, I’d have never made it this far. I’d have been left doggy paddling out in unfamiliar waters.
He is my compass and I am his.
Check out what I’ve accomplished since meeting Scotty, at:
And Scotty’s list:
Or you can check out our joint blog Between the Covers with Scotty & Jo here:
Our newest releases:
The repeal of Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell didn’t come soon enough for Gunther “Gunny” Duchene and Macalister “Mac” Jones, career US Marines who met at boot camp in the 1990s. They’ve been somewhere between best friends and lovers in peacetime and wartime both, but as the clock ticks toward Mac’s and Gunny’s retirements, the guys have much more to worry about than coming out.
Whether their relationship will survive outside of the closet they’ve had to shove it into for over two decades is a big question mark. Gunny questions why a hot military man like Mac—who could get any guy he wanted, including a younger, sexier one—would want him. But as Gunny and Mac navigate emotional waters as choppy as any they saw on duty, they just might learn Semper Fi applies to more than their careers.
After six months of research, adventure seekers Bowen McAlister, Cyrus Curran, Duff Gentry, and Lockhart Dawson make their way to Boulder, Colorado, to explore the abandoned gold mine Ruby Lode. But when they arrive, Duff, a born psychic, senses something isn’t quite right—and the closer they get, the more his unease grows.
Something long buried in the deep shafts and drifts of Ruby Lode makes its presence known by exposing dark, guarded secrets. Preying on the adventurers’ weaknesses and insecurities, Ruby Lode’s own destructive secret threatens their sanity, friendship, and ultimately their lives. Bo, Cy, Duff, and Lockey must work together to unravel the century-old mystery before they become another footnote in the mine’s history.
If you’re heading down to Atlanta this year for GRL be sure to stop by and see Scotty and I. I’m sure where you see one you’ll see the other 😉
SJD and Scotty have brought along two great books to give away: Unconventional Courtship and Beyond Duty! Just leave a comment at the end of the post to enter. The contest closes Wednesday, October 2 at 11:59 pm EST.
- By entering the giveaway, you’re confirming that you are at least 18 years old.
- Winners will be selected by random number. No purchase necessary to win. The number of eligible entries received determines the odds of winning.
- If you win, you must respond to my email within 48 hours or another winner may be chosen. Please make sure that your spam filter allows email from Joyfully Jay.
- Winners may be announced on the blog following the contest. By entering the contest you are agreeing to allow your name to be posted and promoted as the contest winner by Joyfully Jay.
- Prizes will be distributed following the giveaway either by Joyfully Jay or the person/organization donating the prize.
- By entering you are agreeing to hold Joyfully Jay harmless if the prize or giveaway in some way negatively impacts the winner.
- Readers may only enter once for each contest. Duplicate entries for the same giveaway will be ignored. In the event of technical problems with the blog during the contest, every effort will be made to extend the contest deadline to allow for additional entries.
- Void where prohibited by law.