Today I am delighted to welcome author Zahra Owens to the blog. Zahra is here as part of our Joyful Approach: Countdown to GRL. She is talking to us about the newest book in her Clouds and Rain series, titled Moon and Stars. She has also brought a copy to give away! Please join me in giving her a big welcome!
My hat off to Joyfully Jay and The Novel Approach for organizing this and thank you for the opportunity to say hello to your readers and followers.
This will be my second time at GRL and as usual I’m crossing an ocean to be there. I had such a great time last year, I didn’t want to miss it! As Secretary of the Rainbow Romance Writers, my first day in Atlanta will be all work, but during the actual retreat, I’m going to enjoy it for all it’s worth! Not that I don’t enjoy working for RRW. It’s been a blast all the way.
At GRL this year I’m proud to present the fourth book in my Clouds and Rain series. After Clouds and Rain, Earth and Sky, and Floods and Drought, the fourth story is called Moon and Stars.
In Floods and Drought, Tim and Rory were helped out by former lawyer and now ranch hand Cooper Nelson and by deputy sheriff Kelly Freed. Moon and Stars is their story.
This is the blurb:
After an affair with a married DA led to scandal and disbarment, Cooper Nelson left his legal career in shambles, and found solace working as a hand at the Blue River Ranch. Eight years later, during a rare visit into town, Cooper bumps into Kelly Freed, a man he left behind fifteen years earlier when he started out as an attorney. Unfortunately, Kelly is running for sheriff and his wife is terminally ill, so Kelly can’t even consider rekindling their relationship. Cooper knows from sad experience that hiding the truth leads to lives being ruined, so for his part, he refuses to be anybody’s dirty secret.
In the meantime circumstances at neighboring Blackwater Ranch have taken a desperate turn. Gable’s friend Calley has breast cancer, and when Gable and Flynn take in Calley’s kids, they need help from their friends. Cooper and Kelly’s combined talents are put to work to ensure Gable can make a bid to become the legal father of his children, and that Calley’s affairs are in order if worse comes to worst. For Cooper, staying away from Kelly was never easy, and now with a common cause, Cooper finds he can’t stop himself from seeking the man out.
As you can tell, we get to revisit a few old friends during this story. Gable and Flynn from the first book get a little more page time. Tim and Rory lend a hand both physically and mentally and Hunter and Grant aid in some more building, just like they did in Floods and Drought. We even get appearances from the women in the story, and we meet a new one, Kelly’s wife Nina.
Having a hard time keeping them all apart? Here are the book covers so you at least know what the men look like!
If you’re still curious by this time and want to read the first chapter of Moon and Stars, go here (http://zahraowens.com/?page_id=1009)
As a thank you, I’d like to offer one winner a chance to read Moon and Stars for free on ebook! You can download it in your favorite format from the Dreamspinner store! Comment here to win!
Zahra has generously brought along a copy of Moon and Stars for one lucky winner. Just leave a comment at the end of the post to enter. The contest closes on Friday, October 4th at 11:59 pm EST.
- By entering the giveaway, you’re confirming that you are at least 18 years old.
- Winners will be selected by random number. No purchase necessary to win. The number of eligible entries received determines the odds of winning.
- If you win, you must respond to my email within 48 hours or another winner may be chosen. Please make sure that your spam filter allows email from Joyfully Jay.
- Winners may be announced on the blog following the contest. By entering the contest you are agreeing to allow your name to be posted and promoted as the contest winner by Joyfully Jay.
- Prizes will be distributed following the giveaway either by Joyfully Jay or the person/organization donating the prize.
- By entering you are agreeing to hold Joyfully Jay harmless if the prize or giveaway in some way negatively impacts the winner.
- Readers may only enter once for each contest. Duplicate entries for the same giveaway will be ignored. In the event of technical problems with the blog during the contest, every effort will be made to extend the contest deadline to allow for additional entries.
- Void where prohibited by law.