Hello everyone! Today I am so excited to welcome the lovely Z.A. Maxfield to the blog. ZAM is here to talk to us more about her new release, Lost and Found. She has also brought two great giveaways to share. So please join me in giving her a big welcome!
Santa’s Lost and Found List
Hello, and welcome to the Lost and Found blog tour! Thanks for having me here at Joyfully Jay! I really appreciate the chance to visit and tell you all about my latest Christmas novella, Lost and Found.
In Lost and Found, Gavin is having a pretty tough Christmas, he’s laid up after knee surgery and his dog goes missing. I thought it might be fun to make a list of gifts I’d like to give each of them. Here’s what they’ll find in their virtual Christmas stocking from me.
5. GPS pet tracker accessory. Doesn’t it sound like he should already have one of those? I mean, if he lets Bird off his leash, he definitely should. Bird is smart, but he’s also curious and friendly. This is a no-brainer.
4. Mood jewelry. Cause Gavin is a little volatile — he really should just come with a warning label.
3. Bagpipes, because if he had bagpipes he’d HAVE to move in with Ringo. He’d be thrown out of Newport Sands and any other RV campground he’d ever try to get a space in. No more rolling stone. No more lone wolf. Ringo could soundproof the garage and they’d live happily ever after.
2. Boundaries, because heck yes. Gavin needs them. And it’s not going to be easy and he’s going to require counseling and it’s going to take time. But Ringo believes Gavin’s got it in him to grow up, and soon Gavin will believe it too.
1. Ringo. Because yes, well. Ringo is what Gavin really needs. Not all he needs, but definitely without Ringo… There’s no happily ever after.
5. Ringo needs one of those gel packs that you can warm when your muscles are sore. He carries the weight of the world on his shoulders and I’d feel better if he could get a little relief. Maybe I should get them a couple’s gift with a book on massage and some scented oils as a hint for Gavin that his man needs taking care of too!
4. Ringo’s Mom and I should make and freeze a year’s supply of her special family recipe holiday tamales. Eddie likes the pork tamales (with her special red mole) and the ones with green chilies and cheese.
3. Ringo and Gavin need a big leather loveseat/recliner, so they can sit together and watch movies and drink beer and get snuggly. Bird needs a nice big dog bed by the fire and a mat under his food and water dishes that says, “My humans love me.”
2. Ringo needs a membership to a swank private gym, one with spas and rock waterfalls and steam rooms so when Gavin pisses him off he can go pound something, lift some weights and chill out before he has to respond.
1. Ringo needs Gavin. He needs patience and time, but in the end, Gavin is worth it. Ringo gets a kick out of knowing he is – arguably — the only one in the world who is able to see into Gavin’s heart.
RV resort security chief Ringo never believed in love at first sight . . . until he saw Gavin playing his sax on the beach for the tourists. But their on-again, off-again affair—even counting all the great makeup sex—doesn’t come close to the relationship he wants. All he really wants for Christmas is a commitment from Gavin.
Instead he discovers that Gavin has had surgery without telling him, so he lays down a relationship ultimatum while Gavin recuperates. Complicating matters even more, Gavin’s beloved dog Bird runs away, and Gavin blames Ringo for the disappearance.
While Ringo throws every resource he has into finding Bird, he learns deeper truths about Gavin—how hard it is for him to trust and how little faith he has in love. Maybe if Ringo can find Bird, he can salvage Gavin’s faith. Maybe this Christmas, they can all find each other.
You can read an excerpt or purchase Lost and Found HERE. Remember, when you purchase Lost and Found in either ebook format, which you can find HERE or in the print anthology format, which you can find HERE, you’re helping to support the mission of the Ali Forney Center.
About Z. A. Maxfield
ZAM started writing in 2007 on a dare from her children and never looked back. Pathologically disorganized, and perennially optimistic, she writes as much as she can, reads as much as she dares, and enjoys her time with family and friends. Three things reverberate throughout all her stories: Unconditional love, redemption, and the belief that miracles happen when we least expect them.
If anyone asks her how a wife and mother of four can find time for a writing career, she’ll answer, “It’s amazing what you can accomplish if you give up housework.”
ZAM and Riptide have brought two great giveaways for you all to enjoy. Both are Rafflecopter, so be sure to follow the links below to enter.
Lost and Found contest details:
You can find all the blog tour information you need at the Riptide website, HERE. Be sure you attend all the stops and follow the Rafflecopter instructions for the chance to win a $20.00 Riptide Publishing Gift Certificate and all the songs on ZAM’s Lost and Found Playlist! The winner will be drawn on December 8th at 5pm EST. Contest is valid worldwide.
Riptide contest details:
Enter your details in the Rafflecopter below to gain entry in the *Home for the Holidays* giveaway! This week of the tour closes at midnight, EST, on December 6th. Then, one grand prize winner will be contacted at the end of the Home for the Holidays tour on December 16th. Contest is valid worldwide.