Hi guys! Today I am pleased to welcome author K.A. Merikan to the blog. They are here to talk to us more about their new release, Special Needs: The Complete Story. They have also brought a copy of this combined volume to give away to one lucky reader. Please join me in giving them a big welcome!
As we all know, the way people dress may provide vital clues to what kind of person they are, or about the way they want to be perceived. It’s no different with tattoos and other body modifications, although everything can be interpreted in various ways. Some people might look very extravagant because they are extraverted and need lots of stimulation from other people, others will dress in a way just as head-turning to give themselves more confidence in dealing with everyday matters. But don’t we all know, or have at least seen someone with ink that just makes you want to facepalm? Random, drunken pictures, or rude messages permanently written on skin.
That’s Liam for you. His tats have been called both horrible, and mismatched, but here they are in all their random glory:
- Under the collar bones: ‘You will be surfed’, written in an elegant font (because he likes surfing both waves and men)
- Inner side of lower lip: ‘FUCKER’ (His friend got ‘PIG’ tattooed in the same place, and Liam got jealous)
- Pecs: a biomechanical tattoo (to cover his ex-lover’s name on his left pec, but ended up with something that takes up much more space)
- Left sleeve: tribal-ish waves and sharks
- Right sleeve: A luscious female mouth blowing out smoke and ‘Cancer Resistant’ written on the inner side of the forearm (Liam’s a heavy smoker, so it’s a bit like a charm for the future)
- Right side: portrait of Liam’s pet Labrador retriever and a creepy ventriloquist’s dummy (he watched a doll-themed horror movie and thought it would be a cool idea for a tattoo)
- Left side: dark stairs covered in blood and gore (a tribute to horror movies)
- Lower belly: ‘Sex Feet Under’ (It’s a band name. Liam got that tattoo to get into the leader’s pants)
- Back: an all-back tattoo of a grim city and a flight of birds swarming in the sky
- Left thigh: a hog head (Lost bet)
- Right thigh: a bloodied cleaver (to match the hog head)
- Above the base of his cock: ‘BOSS’ (An ironic tattoo. I genuinely believe if Liam had a small cock, he’d get something along the lines of ‘don’t laugh’ inked over it)
- Left calf: a kanji character, meaning ‘love’ (He let a friend practice on his calf)
- Left hipbone: a Chinese take away box containing worms instead of noodles (lost bet)
- Outer side of left foot: ‘You’re heavy’ (dare)
And to make matters worse, that handsome jerk spread his ridiculous tendency to mark lost bets with tattoos to his lover, Ryan, who in book one is forced to get a crying pack of fries inked on his hip. That’s just the kind of guys they are 😉 But it wouldn’t be fair to blame it all on Liam. Just look how the boys deal with problems in book two of Special Needs:
“Adam’s into more alternative guys though. Ever thought of getting a piercing, Rufio?” Matt wiggled his eyebrows.
Rufio’s body slouched, as if the weight of that information had a crash landing on his shoulders. “You mean… I’m not his type?”
Matt’s nose wrinkled. “He usually goes for them.”
“How about getting a nipple piercing then?” Ryan asked, hardly suppressing a snort. “That could get your chances up.”
“I don’t know…” Rufio bit his lip.
Matt folded his arms on his chest. “If you get a nipple piercing, I’ll introduce you to him.”
“You will?” Liam’s voice heightened with disbelief, but Rufio’s eyes became so wide, Ryan couldn’t spare any attention to his boyfriend.
“Yeah, sure.” Matt smirked and poured himself a drink.
“What do you say, Rufio? It would be a hidden piercing. Your secret,” Ryan teased.
“Oh yeah?” Rufio shook his head and narrowed his eyes. “I’ll do it, if you do it.”
Ryan gave the thought a moment and wrinkled his nose looking up to his boyfriend. “I’ll do it if Liam does it.”
Liam blinked, but then his mouth curved into a wide grin, and Ryan already knew his boyfriend would be playing dirty. “Sure, I’ll do it. If you get two.”
Ryan sniggered and wrapped his arms around Liam’s waist, cuddling up to the toned muscles of his stomach. “Deal. Looks like it’s nipple piercing time!”
Just a normal day in the lives of Ryan and Liam.
— Caretaking – You’re doing it wrong. —
Liam slept with his boss. Again. And lost his job because of it. Again. Set on changing his ways and tired of sleeping in his car, he applies for a job as a live-in caretaker, even though he has no experience in it whatsoever. He has a lot of practice in lying his way out of any situation though. Only problem is, his new boss – wheelchair bound owner of a sex hotel – is gay, cute, funny and oh, so fuckable! There is only one logical solution to Liam’s dilemma – pretending he’s straight. Brilliant!
When Ryan inherited his aunt’s B&B, he thought he’d hit the jackpot by changing it into a fetish sex hotel. Things didn’t go as planned though, all of his marketing efforts seem to fail, and the debt is mounting up. Being a wheelchair user doesn’t help in actively promoting his hotel, but his luck starts to change when he hires a new aide. Liam is open-minded, helpful and caring. All that Ryan needs from a caretaker to kickstart his business, but things would all be a lot simpler if he didn’t start crushing on his new employee. And even if, in some other dimension, Liam did return his feelings, how long can Ryan keep his fetish a secret?
The web of lies they weave around each other is more bondage than any of them enjoy.
Contains book one and two of Special Needs.
Genre: contemporary erotic m/m romance, dramedy
Length: ~248,000 words
Themes (possible SPOILERS): disability, deception, alternative lifestyles, stalking, fetishism, tattoos, self-image issues, financial trouble, boss/employee, BIID, abduction, communication issues, transability, self-harm
Erotic content: explicit m/m sexual scenes (possible SPOILERS: fetishism and medical role play)
Contact us via:
- Website: http://kamerikan.com
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/KAMerikan
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/KA_Merikan
- Agnes Merikan’s Twitter: https://twitter.com/AgnesMerikan
The authors are giving away a copy of Special Needs: The Complete Story, which contains both books one and two in a single volume. Just leave a comment at the end of the post to enter. The contest will close on Friday, January 3rd at 11:59 pm EST.
- By entering the giveaway, you’re confirming that you are at least 18 years old.
- Winners will be selected by random number. No purchase necessary to win. The number of eligible entries received determines the odds of winning.
- If you win, you must respond to my email within 48 hours or another winner may be chosen. Please make sure that your spam filter allows email from Joyfully Jay.
- Winners may be announced on the blog following the contest. By entering the contest you are agreeing to allow your name to be posted and promoted as the contest winner by Joyfully Jay.
- Prizes will be distributed following the giveaway either by Joyfully Jay or the person/organization donating the prize.
- By entering you are agreeing to hold Joyfully Jay harmless if the prize or giveaway in some way negatively impacts the winner.
- Readers may only enter once for each contest. Duplicate entries for the same giveaway will be ignored. In the event of technical problems with the blog during the contest, every effort will be made to extend the contest deadline to allow for additional entries.
- Void where prohibited by law.