Hello everyone! Today I am excited to welcome Sid Love to the blog to talk to us about his new book, Holding On to Hope! Sid is sharing more about the story, as well as offering some great giveaways, including one just for Joyfully Jay readers! So please join me in giving Sid a big welcome!
Sword in the Green for Magickal Protection
If you have observed the cover art for Holding on to Hope very carefully, you find two guys in bed bathed in pleasure, cherishing their special moment. The one lying on his back with blond hair is none other than Brad himself. (The boy who forgot – Read my post on Sue Brown’s website) And the one on the top with sharp looks and an intense gaze is the man filled with love only for Brad!
If you notice, he wears a bronze pendant around his neck. It’s a sword with creeping vines would around it. That’s a Sword in the Green which serves a purpose. The mysterious guy in the story belongs to a certain cult located in New York and they have this pendant with them for Protection.
This Sword in Green has a Celtic connection to it and gives an ancestral feel.
Mystical Shack describes it well –
Taking Inspiration for the ancient forest, home of our ancestors, both human and fairy, these enchanted pewter pendants are finely detailed to connect the wearer with their woodland origins. Crafted from lead-free alloy, some decorated with crystals, and presented in a green satin presentation pouch with a black thong. Intricate and subtle, the magical power of Nature’s ancient forest lore is charmed within each original design. The Sword in the Green pendant represents magical protection. Measures approx 60 x 30mm.
Why is this pendant important?
Because Brad forgets everything about this special moment they share. He forgets who this guy was, what his name is, where he lives, where and how exactly they met, he even forgets how this guy looks like. The only thing that remains with him is the picture of this pendant hanging around his Mr. Right!
So a special giveaway for people on Joyfully Jay’s website other than the one tour-wide – you get to win this Sword in Green right here! Simply answer the question below and you are entered –
Tell me about an ancestral thing that runs along in your family that is passed on from generation to generation and how special is it to you?
Bradley Parker has waited twenty years for Mr. Right, and on Valentine’s Day, he finally finds him. It’s love at first sight, and Brad even loses his virginity to the man of his dreams. But when he wakes up the next morning unable to remember anything—even what the man looked like—his best friend, Leslie, is convinced he imagined the whole thing. Brad knows he didn’t make up the best night of his life, but he has no idea of the danger he’s putting himself in as he struggles to recall the details of his perfect man. His search may lead him to parts of New York City he never dreamed existed and a war being waged in the shadows.
About the Author
Sid Love grew up in one of busiest cities in the world, Mumbai, listening to the excerpts of Indian epics from his father every night. While it served as an inspiration back in time, he has always had an ambitious mind. In 2007, when he had just turned sixteen, he decided that he would make his lifelong dream come true—to become a well-known, respected author some day.
Ask him and he would refuse to accept that he is obsessed with books. Or movies. Or TV shows. Addicted may even be the right word. He is a die-hard fan of Jane Austen’s romance novels and loves to reread them time and again.
You can find him on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/sid.love.16?ref=tn_tnmn or tweet him anytime: https://twitter.com/FatefulMercy, or simply e-mail him at email@example.com
Sid is offering two great giveaways today. First off, we have an EXCLUSIVE giveaway just for our blog of the beautiful pendant Sid describes above. Just leave a comment below to enter. And Sid would love to hear about any ancestral traditions that run in your family. The contest will close on Monday, February 17th at 11:59 pm EST.
Sid also has a wonderful tour wide giveaway going on. He is giving away 5 electronic copies of the book and a $25 Amazon gift card. To enter for those prizes, follow the link for the Rafflecopter giveaway.
- By entering the giveaway, you’re confirming that you are at least 18 years old.
- Winners will be selected by random number. No purchase necessary to win. The number of eligible entries received determines the odds of winning.
- If you win, you must respond to my email within 48 hours or another winner may be chosen. Please make sure that your spam filter allows email from Joyfully Jay.
- Winners may be announced on the blog following the contest. By entering the contest you are agreeing to allow your name to be posted and promoted as the contest winner by Joyfully Jay.
- Prizes will be distributed following the giveaway either by Joyfully Jay or the person/organization donating the prize.
- By entering you are agreeing to hold Joyfully Jay harmless if the prize or giveaway in some way negatively impacts the winner.
- Readers may only enter once for each contest. Duplicate entries for the same giveaway will be ignored. In the event of technical problems with the blog during the contest, every effort will be made to extend the contest deadline to allow for additional entries.
- Void where prohibited by law.