Hello everyone! Today I am excited to welcome back Jena Wade to the blog. Jena is here to talk to us about her newest release, Lumber & Law. She is also chatting with us about sexy men in uniform, and giving a copy of the book away. So please join me in giving her a big welcome!
Why Men in Uniform are Sexy as Hell!
Also, I want to talk about why men in uniform are sexy as all get out.
Anyone here grow up reading Harlequin romance? I know I did. Now, they have their faults (overused tropes, weak females, overly alpha males… whoops the feminist in me is coming out). But, I began reading them when I was a teenager, sometimes reading three or four Silhouette Desire books in a day… while attending school. I was cool like that.
Anyway, the point is – Men in Uniform were a common trope within those stories. Cops. Military Men. Firefighters. Mailmen…. Wait I never read a mailman story…. Hmmm Plot bunny anyone?
What makes these guys so flipping irresistible? Well, it has a lot to do with how they are written, and little to do with the uniform. The uniform is what draws us in, the character is what keeps us from putting the book down.
In Lumber & Law we have Detective Troy Evans (uniform numero uno) who falls for architect (think construction worker-type) Jesse Brody (uniform numero dos – really it’s just the toolbelt-that’s a uniform right?).
Two very different men in two very different professions. One who keeps everything about himself as a closely guarded secret, the other who couldn’t keep a secret if his life depended on it. Read the book to find out which is which!
For the giveaway I’m going to make you work for it! Leave a comment with your favorite man in uniform and be creative for a chance to win a copy of Lumber & Law.
Jena has brought a copy of Lumber & Law to give away to one lucky reader. Just leave a comment at the end of the post to enter. The contest ends on Friday, February 21st at 11:59 pm EST.
- By entering the giveaway, you’re confirming that you are at least 18 years old.
- Winners will be selected by random number. No purchase necessary to win. The number of eligible entries received determines the odds of winning.
- If you win, you must respond to my email within 48 hours or another winner may be chosen. Please make sure that your spam filter allows email from Joyfully Jay.
- Winners may be announced on the blog following the contest. By entering the contest you are agreeing to allow your name to be posted and promoted as the contest winner by Joyfully Jay.
- Prizes will be distributed following the giveaway either by Joyfully Jay or the person/organization donating the prize.
- By entering you are agreeing to hold Joyfully Jay harmless if the prize or giveaway in some way negatively impacts the winner.
- Readers may only enter once for each contest. Duplicate entries for the same giveaway will be ignored. In the event of technical problems with the blog during the contest, every effort will be made to extend the contest deadline to allow for additional entries.
- Void where prohibited by law.