Hello everyone! Today I am so excited to have two fabulous folks joining us today, Aleksandr Voinov and L.A. Witt. Aleks and L.A. are here to share more about their latest release, Payoff, part of the great Market Garden series. They also brought another round of my favorite blog game, Fact or Crap! Plus some great giveaway opportunities, so be sure to check out the details. Welcome L.A. and Aleks!
Welcome to the Riptide Publishing/Aleksandr Voinov/L. A. Witt blog tour for the newest Market Garden story, Payoff!
Every comment on this blog tour enters you in a drawing for a choice of two eBooks off our backlists (excluding Payoff) and a $10 Riptide Publishing store credit. Entries close at midnight, Eastern Time, on February 9th, and winners will be announced on February 10th. Contest is NOT restricted to U.S. entries.
Fact or Crap: Payoff
Eight of the following facts are true. Two of them are crap. Leave a comment with the two facts you think are crap. From those who submit at least one correct answer, I will draw a name to win a copy of any eBook title off either of our backlists. Anyone who gets both correct wins two eBook titles off our backlists. (All commenters correct or not, will be entered in the drawing for the Riptide store credit)
- While Payoff is the final Tristan/Jared story, Rolex will return soon… and we’ll even get to find out his real name!
- When we write together, Aleks writes one point-of-view and L.A. writes the other. Unless it’s a single POV, in which case we switch off.
- L.A. had all but forgotten how to write in third person until joining forces with Aleks, and now has no trouble even on solo projects.
- In between Market Garden stories, we’ve also written a suspense novel, a novel in one of L.A.’s existing series, and one and a half historical novels
- When co-writing, we have written as much as 20,000 words in a single day.
- So far, Payoff is the only Market Garden book written in multiple POV.
- Since meeting at GRL in 2012, we’ve pretty much been inseparable, to the point of spending over 6 weeks together in Europe in 2013. And L.A. is headed to London in February for some face to face writing time.
- When we co-write in person, we push our laptops together and face each other. Because of the way our laptops sit, we’ve dubbed this “Laptop Battleship.
- Rolex didn’t even have a nickname at first. L.A. started calling him “Rolex” during the edits. Thus began the Market Garden tradition of dubbing johns based on what they’re wearing, i.e., Red Tie.
- Tristan is loosely based on a guy L.A. once dated.
Aleksandr has been published for twenty years, both in print and ebook. He has ten years’ experience as a writing coach, book doctor, and writing teacher, and he works as a financial editor in the research department of a pan-European investment bank.
After co-authoring the M/M military cult classic Special Forces, Aleksandr embarked on a quest to write edgy, dark, sometimes literary M/M and gay fiction (much of which is romance/erotica)—the only way he can use his American Literature degree these days.
He’s been published with Heyne/Random House, Carina Press, Samhain Publishing, Loose Id, Dreamspinner, Storm Moon Press, and others.
Connect with Aleks:
- Website: aleksandrvoinov.com
- Blog: aleksandrvoinov.blogspot.com
- Goodreads: goodreads.com/Vashtan
L.A. Witt is an abnormal M/M romance writer currently living in the glamorous and ultra-futuristic metropolis of Omaha, Nebraska, with her husband, two cats, and a disembodied penguin brain that communicates with her telepathically. In addition to writing smut and disturbing the locals, L.A. is said to be working with the US government to perfect a genetic modification that will allow humans to survive indefinitely on Corn Pops and beef jerky. This is all a cover, though, as her primary leisure activity is hunting down her arch nemesis, erotica author Lauren Gallagher, who is also said to be lurking somewhere in Omaha.
L. A.’s backlist is available on her website, and updates (as well as random thoughts and the odd snarky comment) can be found on her blog or on Twitter (@GallagherWitt).
Tristan and Jared have got it made. When they aren’t raking in the cash together at Market Garden, they’re burning up their own sheets and getting closer by the day. But something isn’t right. Tristan’s on edge, and Jared doesn’t understand why.
Before they can hash things out, their services are requested by none other than Rolex. And Rolex doesn’t just want to be a bystander this time. He wants Jared while Tristan watches, and he’s more than willing to pay for it.
But Tristan’s reached a breaking point, and even that huge wad of cash might not be enough to keep tonight’s arrangement from crashing and burning.
Payoff is available February 3rd from Riptide Publishing.
Don’t forget, every comment on this blog tour enters you in a drawing for a choice of two eBooks off our backlists (excluding Payoff) and a $10 Riptide Publishing store credit. Entries close at midnight, Eastern Time, on February 9th, and winners will be announced on February 10th. Contest is NOT restricted to U.S. entries.
You can also guess which two answers are crap to be entered to win backlist books. Enjoy!
- By entering the giveaway, you’re confirming that you are at least 18 years old.
- Winners will be selected by random number. No purchase necessary to win. The number of eligible entries received determines the odds of winning.
- If you win, you must respond to my email within 48 hours or another winner may be chosen. Please make sure that your spam filter allows email from Joyfully Jay.
- Winners may be announced on the blog following the contest. By entering the contest you are agreeing to allow your name to be posted and promoted as the contest winner by Joyfully Jay.
- Prizes will be distributed following the giveaway either by Joyfully Jay or the person/organization donating the prize.
- By entering you are agreeing to hold Joyfully Jay harmless if the prize or giveaway in some way negatively impacts the winner.
- Readers may only enter once for each contest. Duplicate entries for the same giveaway will be ignored. In the event of technical problems with the blog during the contest, every effort will be made to extend the contest deadline to allow for additional entries.
- Void where prohibited by law.