Hello everyone! Today I am pleased to welcome authors Cat Grant and L.A. Witt to the blog. They are here with another edition of my favorite game, Fact or Crap! This time, it is the Guarded edition! And they have brought a great giveaway too! So please join me in giving them a big welcome!
Seven of the following facts are true. Two of them are crap. Leave a comment with the two facts you think are crap. From those who submit at least one correct answer, we will draw a name to win a copy of any eBook title off either of our backlists. Anyone who gets both correct wins two eBook titles off our backlists.
- Guarded is the third book we’ve co-written.
- As part of our research for the book, L.A. tried to get an interview with 30 Seconds to Mars and almost succeeded.
- Cherie Noel wrote the lyrics to Forth Into Light, a song played by the band throughout the story.
- At 105,000 words, Guarded is the longest piece we’ve co-written.
- Guarded is also the first rock band book either of us has written.
- Though we wrote the book over the internet, we plotted it out in person.
- Both main characters are bisexual, but prefer men.
- Guarded took nearly a year to write.
- When we co-write, we each write one character. In Guarded, Cat wrote Jordan Kane while L.A. wrote Jase Hewitt.
On the surface, rock star Jordan Kane has it all. His band No Rules is burning up the charts and headlining a world tour. His bodyguard doubles as a hot, kinky boyfriend who knows just how to push all his buttons. But behind the scenes, he’s suffocating.
Jase Hewitt never imagined he’d have a shot at bedding the larger than life rock star – never mind dominating him – but now he’s worried he’s in over his head. Jordan’s kinks run deep, dark, and sometimes dangerous, putting Jase’s desires to both pleasure and protect him at odds.
They might have a fighting chance at finding the safe, happy medium between what Jordan needs and what Jase is willing to give, but there’s one problem: Daniel, Jordan’s childhood best friend, the band’s talented guitarist — and a volatile, hard-partying drug addict. Jordan is determined to save Daniel from himself, but Jase has been there, done that, and desperately wants to protect Jordan from the inevitable heartache of watching an addict self-destruct.
When Daniel goes off the rails again, Jordan calls off the tour to get him help. Tension within the band skyrockets and pressure from the record label sends Jordan into a dark spiral. Now his band — and his life — are balanced on a knife’s edge, and Jase is the only one who can pull him back… but only if the echoes of his own tragic past don’t push him over first.
Cat Grant lives by the sea in beautiful Monterey, California, with one persnickety feline and way too many books and DVDs. When she’s not writing, you can usually find her watching movies or TV (Supernatural and The Vampire Diaries are among her favorite shows), singing along to her favorite band (30 Seconds to Mars), or fantasizing about kinky sex with Michael Fassbender and/or Jared Leto.
Here’s Cat’s various hideouts on the Internet:
- Website: http://catgrant.com
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/CatGrant2009
- Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/cat.grant?ref=profile
- Goodreads: http://www.goodreads.com/author/show/1912055.Cat_Grant
- Amazon Author Page: http://www.amazon.com/Cat-Grant/e/B003ASUGUS/ref=ntt_athr_dp_pel_pop_1
- You can contact her directly at: email@example.com
- Subscribe to her newsletter here.
L.A. Witt is an abnormal M/M romance writer currently living in the glamorous and ultra-futuristic metropolis of Omaha, Nebraska, with her husband, two cats, and a disembodied penguin brain that communicates with her telepathically. In addition to writing smut and disturbing the locals, L.A. is said to be working with the US government to perfect a genetic modification that will allow humans to survive indefinitely on Corn Pops and beef jerky. This is all a cover, though, as her primary leisure activity is hunting down her arch nemesis, erotica author Lauren Gallagher, who is also said to be lurking somewhere in Omaha.
- Website: http://www.loriawitt.com
- Twitter: @GallagherWitt
- Blog: http://gallagherwitt.blogspot.com
Seven of the above facts are true. Two of them are crap. Leave a comment with the two facts you think are crap. From those who submit at least one correct answer, we will draw a name to win a copy of any eBook title off either of our backlists. Anyone who gets both correct wins two eBook titles off our backlists. The contest closes on April 21st at 11:59 pm EST.
- By entering the giveaway, you’re confirming that you are at least 18 years old.
- No purchase necessary to win. The number of eligible entries received determines the odds of winning.
- If you win, you must respond to my email within 48 hours or another winner may be chosen. Please make sure that your spam filter allows email from Joyfully Jay.
- Winners may be announced on the blog following the contest. By entering the contest you are agreeing to allow your name to be posted and promoted as the contest winner by Joyfully Jay.
- Prizes will be distributed following the giveaway either by Joyfully Jay or the person/organization donating the prize.
- By entering you are agreeing to hold Joyfully Jay harmless if the prize or giveaway in some way negatively impacts the winner.
- Readers may only enter once for each contest. Duplicate entries for the same giveaway will be ignored. In the event of technical problems with the blog during the contest, every effort will be made to extend the contest deadline to allow for additional entries.
- Void where prohibited by law.