Hello everyone! I am so excited to welcome Garrett Leigh to the blog. Garrett is here to talk to us more about her upcoming book, Bones, the next in her Blue Boy series. Garrett has brought an exclusive excerpt to share, as well as a great giveaway. So please join me in giving her a big welcome!
Taken from Bones (Blue Boy 2), Chapter Four
Thnx for the ride. C.
Cam set his phone on the kitchen counter. He’d exchanged numbers with Sasha after the porn bombshell, but for some reason it had taken him two days to compose a simple message, and almost as long to hit Send.
And now he couldn’t keep still. There was something about Sasha, something more than his sunny smile and friendly eyes. More than his infectious laugh and easy ways. Something that Cam couldn’t deny or stop thinking about.
He picked up his phone. Stared at the blank screen. Put it down again. He’d gotten over the fact that Sasha knew about his alter ego, or at least put it to the back of his mind, but thinking about Sasha still made him antsy, and he couldn’t figure out if he saw Sasha as a pot of gold or an unexploded bomb.
What the fuck? You just met the dude.
Cam calmed his seldom-indulged inner drama queen and opened the refrigerator, looking for supper. Sonny had rearranged their dinner from a few days before, but he’d canceled the rescheduled date at the last minute, blaming a forgotten exam. Cam could believe it, knowing Sonny as well as he did, but he figured it more likely Sonny had crawled into Levi’s bed and decided to stay there.
And that wasn’t necessarily a bad thing, ’cause Lord knew, Sonny needed the rest.
The contents of the fridge were uninspiring. Beer, cheese slices, and a dubious jar of pickles. Cam let the door swing shut and reached for his phone. Orange chicken and egg rolls would hit the spot. He ordered enough food to last until he next went home to his dad’s. This cooking shit was for schmucks.
His phone vibrated as he tossed it on the countertop. He picked it up again, feeling his heart skip a beat as Sasha’s Facebook photo lit up the screen. What was it about that guy with the sun behind him?
Fucking magic, that’s what it was.
Cam opened the message.
UR welcome. Might feed you next time.
Next time? Cam drummed his fingers on the countertop and tapped out a message. What would you feed me?
A message pinged right back. Anything not from a packet.
Cam tapped the image of Sasha’s smiling face and waited for the call to connect. He didn’t have to wait long.
“Still judging me by that burrito, huh?”
Sasha laughed. “Hell, yeah. That shit was nasty.”
“Nah. That was lunch. I had a cheeseburger for dinner.”
Sasha made a noise that sounded a little too like Levi for Cam’s liking. “What did you have for dinner tonight?”
“Nothing yet.” Cam glanced at the clock. “It’s only eight o’clock.”
“And you’re about to order pizza, right?”
“I gotta better idea. You got any other plans tonight, besides poisoning yourself with MSG?”
“That was about it.” Cam opened the fridge again and grabbed a bottle of beer. “What have you got in mind?”
“Meet me by Beat Shak in an hour, and I’ll show you.”
But in recent months his beloved hardcore scenes have dried up. Instead, he finds himself stuck with a string of monotonous foreplay scenes. He takes his frustration to his boss, and warped kind of lover, Jon Kellar, but Jon won’t bend. Cam is a commodity and will do as he’s told…in every way.
Cam’s frustration builds, but a chance meeting with a hot BMXer distracts him. Sasha Tate is gorgeous, warm and wonderful; everything Cam has ever wanted. They bond over shared interests and a sizzling mutual attraction. Cam is exhilarated and thrilled, until his chosen profession gets in the way.
Sasha pulls back, and before Cam can fix it, life comes at him from all fronts. A crisis threatens much more than his relationship with Sasha, and as his world implodes he begins to realize that life will never be the same again.
Garrett has brought along two copies of Bones to give away to two lucky readers. Just leave a comment at the end of the post to enter. The contest ends on Wednesday, May 7th at 11:59 pm EST. Updated: Due to some issues with site comments the contest entry date is extended to Thursday, May 8th at 11:59 pm EST.
- By entering the giveaway, you’re confirming that you are at least 18 years old.
- Winners will be selected by random number. No purchase necessary to win. The number of eligible entries received determines the odds of winning.
- If you win, you must respond to my email within 48 hours or another winner may be chosen. Please make sure that your spam filter allows email from Joyfully Jay.
- Winners may be announced on the blog following the contest. By entering the contest you are agreeing to allow your name to be posted and promoted as the contest winner by Joyfully Jay.
- Prizes will be distributed following the giveaway either by Joyfully Jay or the person/organization donating the prize.
- By entering you are agreeing to hold Joyfully Jay harmless if the prize or giveaway in some way negatively impacts the winner.
- Readers may only enter once for each contest. Duplicate entries for the same giveaway will be ignored. In the event of technical problems with the blog during the contest, every effort will be made to extend the contest deadline to allow for additional entries.
- Void where prohibited by law.