Hello everyone! Today I am so pleased to welcome the fabulous Ally Blue to the blog. Ally is here as part of the GRL Blog Tour to talk to us about her upcoming release, Hell on Earth, a book in her Hellscape series. She has also brought a great giveaway to share. So please join me in giving her a big welcome!
Hi y’all! And a big hug and thank you to Joyfully Jay for letting me play on her blog today 😀 I’m Ally Blue, and I’m here to tell you the tale of a certain bad boy and how his story came to be told.
Once upon a time, about a thousand years from now in my made up universe, there was—will be?—a space station I made up in my brain, called Hell’s End. On this space station there lived a boy called Tuck. This is not his story. (Yes, fellow nerdlings, I totally stole that bit from Douglas Adams. Hitchhiker’s Guide forevah!) You can read Tuck’s story in Hell’s End, book one of the Hellscape series.
Anyway, Tuck was part of a gang called the Gutters, a vicious, hard-bitten bunch of orphaned children and teens abandoned by society and left to look after themselves. Obviously, any bloodthirsty, murderous gang needs an appropriately scary leader. Sandman popped into my head ready made to fill that role: tall, thin, ruthless, charismatic, and best of all—at least I thought so—his right eye was missing, replaced by a bright yellow rubber ball with a smiley face drawn on it. The left eye was brilliant blue and cold as space.
Needless to say, I fell in complete, irretrievable insta-love with him. Especially after he refused to be left behind when Tuck escaped the Gutters and insisted on showing up later on to give everyone a glimpse of his human side.
This guy, said author-me, must have his own book. He needs a man who can understand him and stand up to him, and his own Happily Ever After. He deserves it, because he’s MINE and I love him!
So now, here we are. Sandman’s story, Hell On Earth (Hellscape book 2) is scheduled for release from Samhain Publishing on June 17th. And I sincerely hope the rest of the world adores my boy as much as I do!
Here’s the blurb. You can check out chapter one on the Samhain website and a different super-exciting excerpt on my website.
Enjoy! I’ll see y’all in Chicago 😀
All Sandman wants is to get away from his violent past on Hell’s End, but trouble follows him, leaving him with more blood on his hands and a one-way ticket aboard a crewless prison transport on a pre-set course for Deimos.
By the time he realizes the transport’s actual destination is a mystery, there’s only one other prisoner he can trust. He doesn’t like it, or the things Vijay makes him feel. Caring makes you weak. Makes you easy to hurt. And Sandman’s never been easy, or weak.
Vijay is focused on what he’s always done best. Survival. But Sandman is an enigma, fearless in battle yet terrified of tight spaces. Vijay finds himself longing to break through the fierce young warrior’s shell.
After crash landing on an uncharted planet, they stumble on the justice system’s dirty little secret—the Farm, where prisoners go in but never come out. When the Farm’s threat gets personal, Sandman and Vijay each test the limits of endurance to protect the man at his back—and in his heart.
(Warning: This book contains spaceships, soldiers, good guys, bad guys, solar system politics, and a one-eyed Gutter with an attitude.)
- Website: www.allyblue.com
- Twitter: www.twitter.com/PopessAllyBlue
- Facebook profile: https://www.facebook.com/AllyBlue.author
- Facebook fan page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Ally-Blue/98548113963
Ally has brought a e-copy of Hell’s End, the first book in the series, to give away to one lucky reader. Just leave a comment at the end of the post to enter. The contest ends on Sunday, May 25th at 11:59 pm EST.
- By entering the giveaway, you’re confirming that you are at least 18 years old.
- Winners will be selected by random number. No purchase necessary to win. The number of eligible entries received determines the odds of winning.
- If you win, you must respond to my email within 48 hours or another winner may be chosen. Please make sure that your spam filter allows email from Joyfully Jay.
- Winners may be announced on the blog following the contest. By entering the contest you are agreeing to allow your name to be posted and promoted as the contest winner by Joyfully Jay.
- Prizes will be distributed following the giveaway either by Joyfully Jay or the person/organization donating the prize.
- By entering you are agreeing to hold Joyfully Jay harmless if the prize or giveaway in some way negatively impacts the winner.
- Readers may only enter once for each contest. Duplicate entries for the same giveaway will be ignored. In the event of technical problems with the blog during the contest, every effort will be made to extend the contest deadline to allow for additional entries.
- Void where prohibited by law.