Today I am so pleased to welcome SJD Peterson to Joyfully Jay. Jo has come to talk to us about her latest release, BAMF (which I reviewed and loved!). She has brought along a playlist from the book, a great excerpt, and a copy to give away! Please join me in giving Jo a big welcome!
Bully – Shinedown
The Monster – Eminem, Rihanna
All I Want – Kodaline
Coming Home – Diddy, Dirty Money
A Twist in my Story – Secondhand Serenade
Light Em Up – Fall Out Boys
Nine in the Afternoon – Panic at the Disco
We are the waiting/St. Jimmy – Green Day
Second Chance – Shinedown
“So, for the first time, you’re actually considering foregoing the one-night stand and thinking of the scary second date, huh?”
Ridley gritted his teeth and leered at her, but she only smiled and waited. He was caught and knew it, so he just sighed and nodded his head.
“And you want this second date with Alex Firestone.”
“And he’s avoiding you,” she reiterated.
Nod. Nod. Nod.
Rae was silent for a long moment. When the silence stretched out way too long for comfort, Ridley gave her a questioning look. “Well?”
“You’re going to have to admit to him your intentions.”
“I did. I texted him,” Ridley said defensively. “Isn’t that admission enough?”
“What do you mean nope?” Between Rae and Amanda, the word was beginning to grate on his damn nerves.
Rae waved a hand dismissively. “I know you. I’m sure your text consisted of hey or what up? or some other stupid macho crap.” She pointed a finger at him. “You need to tell him you want to see him. Ask him out on a date.”
“No fucking way. I’m not doing that,” he said adamantly and shook his head. “He’s avoiding me. I’ll look like a pathetic desperate loser.”
“You are desperate and pathetic,” she sniffed. “I mean, look at you. When’s the last time you slept? You look like shit.”
Ridley looked down at himself and then ran a hand over the week of growth on his chin. Grudgingly, he had to admit he was both of those things, but dammit, he wasn’t going to tell her she was right. Instead he said, “Yeah? At least I’m not a complete loser.”
Well, when it came to second dates, he was a loser. He’d never had one. He had no idea how to go about getting someone to go out on an actual date. He normally asked someone out with the intentions of fucking and sucking and not really caring if they even talked. He’d done that. Seduced a guy in a bar with only his eyes and was able to get his pants down and bent over the bathroom sink without ever saying a word. That had been hot as fuck, but still not as exciting as what Alex could do to him.
“Order us another beer and I’ll teach you everything you’ll need to know,” Rae offered.
By the time he and Rae parted ways an hour later, he had a game plan. He didn’t know how smart she was about relationships—she seemed to be in love at least once a month—but they’d already established he was desperate, so he was willing to try her silly Dr. Girly stuff.
With his fauxhawk, sleeve tattoos, and visible piercings, Ridley Corbin has the whole badass vibe going on in spades. The image serves him well as the self-proclaimed protector of the underdog, and he wants nothing more than to be Alex Firestone’s hero.
Alex, a mild-mannered library assistant, has moved to Slater, a quiet college town, hoping to hide from his past. He keeps to himself, but that doesn’t save him from catching the unwanted attention of the campus bully. But not all is as it seems. Alex’s past comes calling, and it’s time he becomes top dog.
Jo has brought an ecopy of BAMF to give away to one lucky reader. Just leave a comment at the end of the post to enter. The contest ends on Thursday, August 14th at 11:59 pm EST.
- By entering the giveaway, you’re confirming that you are at least 18 years old.
- Winners will be selected by random number. No purchase necessary to win. The number of eligible entries received determines the odds of winning.
- If you win, you must respond to my email within 48 hours or another winner may be chosen. Please make sure that your spam filter allows email from Joyfully Jay.
- Winners may be announced on the blog following the contest. By entering the contest you are agreeing to allow your name to be posted and promoted as the contest winner by Joyfully Jay.
- Prizes will be distributed following the giveaway either by Joyfully Jay or the person/organization donating the prize.
- By entering you are agreeing to hold Joyfully Jay harmless if the prize or giveaway in some way negatively impacts the winner.
- Readers may only enter once for each contest. Duplicate entries for the same giveaway will be ignored. In the event of technical problems with the blog during the contest, every effort will be made to extend the contest deadline to allow for additional entries.
- Void where prohibited by law.