Today I am so pleased to welcome Jason Lloyd to Joyfully Jay. Jason has come to talk to us about his new release, Queer Dirty Laundry. He has also brought along a copy to give away! Please join me in giving Jason a big welcome!
10 Things You Didn’t Know About Jason Lloyd
I would like to thank Joyfully Jay for allowing me to share these 10 facts with you all. I only hope you’re not bored, ha-ha.
1. Before I became an author, I had a freelance Graphic Design Business. It was called Dynamic Designs. I actually design all my book covers and graphics for my website/blog. It’s something I just enjoy doing. I like to be creative.
2. My writing career started by writing a blog (Queer Dirty Laundry). I used to write about my friends and it was kind of like a journal for me. Usually the blog posts came after a night out. There was always something dramatic or funny that happened. The blog started out as just something for me to do and then it took off.
3. My books Queer Dirty Laundry and Salty Aftertaste are both based on true stories and considered creative nonfiction. People always ask, “Did that REALLY happen?” and the answer is always YES, yes, it did.
4. I’m the hopeless romantic out of all my friends. I long for a happy ending and not the kind you receive at a sketchy massage parlor. I think this reflects in my writing.
5. I hate peas, but I like snow peas. Isn’t that weird? I don’t like pea-peas, but I like peas in a pod? Hmm… There’s definitely a joke in there.
6. I’m a salty food kind of junkie. I love chocolate, but I always end up craving salty snacks. Don’t leave me alone with a bag of potato chips or a plate of french fries! I also love pickles (go figure).
7. My all time favorite TV show was Buffy the Vampire Slayer. I can watch the episodes over and over and it never gets old. I have a life-size cardboard cutout of Sarah Michelle Gellar in my house. I dress her up depending on the season. Right now, she is behind my bar wearing a cowboy hat, kinda like she is serving drinks.
8. I have a very eclectic music collection. My tastes go from moody music to bubblegum dance pop. I like just about everything. I have Nine Inch Nails and Carrie Underwood on my iPod! I love Ellie Goulding. Her voice is so different and her lyrics remind me of poetry.
9. I don’t take nude selfies. Gay men have a notorious habit of sending penis pictures as a form of saying “hello,” especially on dating apps like Grindr, Jack’d, and Scruff. Although I appreciate the eye candy when I receive one, I don’t return the favor and I won’t consider dating anyone that has sent me one. It’s just a rule I have. Keep it classy guys, not trashy. If you wanna see my “gingerbread,” that’s not the way to go about it. Buy me dinner and get me liquored up first.
10. I name my sex toys after my friends. My friend once gave me a bottle of Grey Goose vodka and a blue silicone penis shaped vibrator for my birthday. He said, “The Goose is to make you loose for the other thing.” I named my new “toy” Drew Jr after him. He was mortified. I thought it was funny. I also have two other “toys” that are named after guys I know. I bet you are now curious what toys they are and who the guys are, aren’t ya?
A special thank you to my talented publicist, Joleen, from Parenthetical Author Services. I would have been lost without her help. She’s a promoting guru. If you’re an author and need help promoting your work, email her at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Here is an exclusive snippet from my book Queer Dirty Laundry. This is actually one of my favorite scenes from the book. It is a very sweet moment
between myself and another character.
Kevin is people watching and mentally fucking every hot guy that walks by, but I’m letting my mind wander to brown eyes with the smallest specks of green and a laugh that can never be contained.
I hope in the years to come when we are old and gray and if we can’t hang out as often—Kevin will still think of me. I hope Kevin will look at a picture of me and wonder if I still love men in uniform more than vodka, or if I still request pinky promises from friends, which I think I will always do. Maybe he will even wonder if I wonder about him, which I know I will always do.
“What ya thinking bout?” Kevin asks, interrupting my daydream.
“Our friendship.” I say.
“I’m pretty fuckin’ awesome, aren’t I?”
“I was having a moment,” I say while shaking my head at him, smiling.
What would you do if everything changed in the blink of an eye? Life teaches us that everything happens for a reason. Every good or bad experience, every event, shapes us into the adults we become. We are our pasts and they shape our future.
In this nonfiction coming of age mini memoir, Kevin and Jason embark on an adventure to Philadelphia to visit friends and to get into their normal hijinks. Along their journey, they confide in each other the only way best friends can; through laughter, love and pain. They share stories of coming out, first time sexual experiences and dramatic events that changed their lives forever. This hilarious and heartfelt journey through the past can only strengthen their friendship in the present.
Your best friend knows all your little secrets. They know all your dirty laundry. Can you air it all out? How dirty is your laundry?
Jason Lloyd is the author of hilarious m/m romance featuring an array of interesting characters. Salty Aftertaste (Ginge Publishing, 2013) was his
first creative non-fiction novel. It reached Smashwords Top Best Seller list in Gay & Lesbian Fiction and was the #5 best seller in the New Adult genre
on All Romance eBooks (ARe).
His second book, Queer Dirty Laundry (Ginge Publishing, 2014), is a creative non-fiction novella and is based on his popular blog by the same
name. In 2011, QueerDirtyLaundry.com was nominated for The Best of Gay Philadelphia under Best Gay Website/Blog. Jason’s blog was also in the top ten
numerous times on Best Male Blogs.
Jason is currently working on an m/m romance and mystery/suspense fictional novelette series called Filthy Fibbers. Filthy Fibbers is
centered on five friends and the scandalous secrets they keep. The book takes place in a small Pennsylvania town called New Hope.
Jason grew up in a small town in Bucks County, Pennsylvania outside of Philadelphia. A majority of his writing takes place in Eastern Pennsylvania
including Philadelphia. He currently resides in a small town in Berks County, Pennsylvania.
Hey gang, what is one fact about yourself that no one knows about? Leave it in the comments for a chance to win an ebook copy of my new book, Queer Dirty Laundry! One person will be randomly selected from the comments.
Leave a comment at the end of the post to enter. The contest ends on Wednesday, August 20th at 11:59 pm EST.
- By entering the giveaway, you’re confirming that you are at least 18 years old.
- Winners will be selected by random number. No purchase necessary to win. The number of eligible entries received determines the odds of winning.
- If you win, you must respond to my email within 48 hours or another winner may be chosen. Please make sure that your spam filter allows email from Joyfully Jay.
- Winners may be announced on the blog following the contest. By entering the contest you are agreeing to allow your name to be posted and promoted as the contest winner by Joyfully Jay.
- Prizes will be distributed following the giveaway either by Joyfully Jay or the person/organization donating the prize.
- By entering you are agreeing to hold Joyfully Jay harmless if the prize or giveaway in some way negatively impacts the winner.
- Readers may only enter once for each contest. Duplicate entries for the same giveaway will be ignored. In the event of technical problems with the blog during the contest, every effort will be made to extend the contest deadline to allow for additional entries.
- Void where prohibited by law.