Today I am so pleased to welcome K.A. Merikan to Joyfully Jay. They have come to talk to us about their new release, Guns n’ Boys. They have also brought along an exclusive excerpt and a great giveaway! Please join me in giving them a big welcome!
Thank you for having us, Jay! I’m so excited to share an excerpt from our new book, Guns n’ Boys Book 1, Part 1. It’s about the mafia’s best assassin, and the Don’s son, newly appointed to be the heir to the family business. From the moment these guys meet, sparks fly, and their interactions become a constant struggle for power. Unfortunately for Seth, he doesn’t know much about the hierarchy in the mafia and is lost when it comes to understanding his role. Dom is quick to take advantage of that and revels in his new power over someone who is technically his superior.
“So fucking hot,” Seth grumbled and undid the first three buttons of his black shirt. He exhaled deeply through his wide nose, as if he really were a bull, and took the cigarettes lying between them like they were his.
“You’re welcome,” said Domenico, watching the fat, bull-like brow line thicken even more. Such an undeservedly prime example of the male sex.
“Lighter.” Seth took a cigarette, stuck it in his mouth, and put his hand palm up.
The flame in Domenico’s gut exploded, but he didn’t let it show and instead reached to the man’s face. With a quick flick of fingers, he broke the cigarette in half, leaving Seth with a filter dangling from his mouth.
“The fuck’s wrong with you?” Seth spread his arms to the sides, a flicker of anger setting his dark eyes aflame.
“I’ll give you one if you ask me nicely,” said Domenico, taking the whole pack and putting it back into his suit jacket. “I see the New World taught you some bad manners.”
“Whatever. I’m not addicted.” Seth rolled his eyes and threw the filter at Dom before looking out the window.
His dusky nape was too much of a temptation to resist, and Domenico put his hand over the hot, sweaty flesh, squeezing it gently. “I would quickly re-learn what respect means if I were you.”
Seth snapped and slapped Domenico’s hand off. “I have respect for my father. You work for me.”
Domenico’s lips stretched into a smile, and he couldn’t stop a chuckle. “Oh, do I?”
He reveled in the look of insecurity in Seth’s eyes after he said that. He’d pay to see it again.
“Well… don’t you?”
Domenico slowly moved his head to the sides.
— Love is sour like a Sicilian lemon. —
The Family is always right.
The Family doesn’t forget.
The Family pays for blood in blood.
Domenico Acerbi grew up in the shade of Sicilian lemon trees ready to give his life for the Family. Ready to follow orders and exceed expectations. A proud man of honor.
When Seth, the younger son of the Don is kidnapped, it’s Domenico who is sent to get him back. The man he finds though, is not the boy he knew all those years ago. Lazy, annoying, spoiled, and as hot as a Sicilian summer.
Seth Villani wants nothing to do with the mafia. Unfortunately, he doesn’t get a say when the Family pulls him right back into its fold after his mother’s death. Thrown into a den of serpents otherwise known as the Villani Family, Seth has to find a way to navigate in the maze of lies. But when Domenico Acerbi, the most vicious snake of them all, sinks his fangs into Seth, the venom changes into an aphrodisiac that courses through Seth’s veins.
Domenico knows his life is about to change when he gets the order to train Seth up to the role of future Don. Seth isn’t made for it. He isn’t even made. But a man Domenico knows he would never have to fear might just be someone he’s always needed.
If Seth is doomed to follow in his father’s footsteps, he might as well enjoy himself–with the most intoxicating man he’s ever met. Maybe he can even fool himself into believing that Domenico isn’t a handsome sociopath who kills for a living.
- Themes: Enemies to lovers, mafia, homophobia, assassin, organized crime
- Genre: Dark, twisted erotic romance / crime thriller
- Erotic content: Explicit gay sex, coercion
- Length: ~110,000 words
WARNING: Adult content. If you are easily offended, this book is not for you.
‘Guns n’ Boys’ is a gritty story of extreme violence, offensive language, abuse, and morally ambiguous protagonists. Behind the morbid facade, there is a splash of inappropriate dark humor, and a love story that will crawl under your skin.
Order at Amazon – http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00NBJKZL6
K.A. Merikan is a joint project of Kat and Agnes Merikan, who jokingly claim to share one mind. They finish each other’s sentences and simultaneously come up with the same ideas. Kat and Agnes enjoy writing various kinds of stories, from light-hearted romance to thrillers. They love creating characters that are not easy to classify as good or evil, and firmly believe that even some villains deserve their happy endings. It is easiest to find them in galleries, restaurants and historical sites, always with a computer or notebook, because for Kat and Agnes, every day is a writing day. Future plans include lots of travel, and a villa on the coast of Italy or a flat in Paris where they could retire after yet another crazy venture, only to write more hot homoerotic stories.
As K.A. Merikan, Kat and Agnes have published a number of books, which cross genres while always staying homoerotic.
Mail to: email@example.com
- K.A. Merikan’s author page: http://kamerikan.com
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/KAMerikan
- Twitter :https://twitter.com/KA_Merikan
- Goodreads: http://www.goodreads.com/author/show/6150530.K_A_Merikan
Kat and Agnes have brought a ebook copy of Guns n’ Boys, Part 1, Book 1, to give away to one lucky reader. Just leave a comment at the end of the post to enter. The contest ends on Wednesday, September 17th at 11:59 pm EST.
- By entering the giveaway, you’re confirming that you are at least 18 years old.
- Winners will be selected by random number. No purchase necessary to win. The number of eligible entries received determines the odds of winning.
- If you win, you must respond to my email within 48 hours or another winner may be chosen. Please make sure that your spam filter allows email from Joyfully Jay.
- Winners may be announced on the blog following the contest. By entering the contest you are agreeing to allow your name to be posted and promoted as the contest winner by Joyfully Jay.
- Prizes will be distributed following the giveaway either by Joyfully Jay or the person/organization donating the prize.
- By entering you are agreeing to hold Joyfully Jay harmless if the prize or giveaway in some way negatively impacts the winner.
- Readers may only enter once for each contest. Duplicate entries for the same giveaway will be ignored. In the event of technical problems with the blog during the contest, every effort will be made to extend the contest deadline to allow for additional entries.
- Void where prohibited by law.