Today I am so pleased to welcome Cat Grant to Joyfully Jay. Cat has come to talk to us about her latest release, In From the Cold. She has also brought along a great giveaway! Please join me in giving Cat a big welcome!
Hi! Thanks for joining me on my week long blog tour celebrating the first chapter in my brand new series – The Courtlands: The Next Generation. Leave a comment below and you might win your choice of an ebook from my backlist. Follow me on the rest of this tour for a chance at some extra-special prizes – signed paperbacks, T-shirts and other exclusive swag, maybe even get to name a character in an upcoming Courtland book. Yes, there will be more – at least one novel, possibly two!
Anybody who’s looked at my backlist knows how I love to write series books, though I got sucked into my first series by accident. When The Arrangement came out in 2008, I figured it was a one-off. I’d started it with no plans to spin it into a series, but my muse had other ideas. Pretty soon Eric Courtland and his lovers/partners/spouses Nick and Allison took up residence in my brain and refused to leave.
Four more books ensued, following this m/m/f triad over the course of twenty years. I left them happily married and raising kids in upstate New York. And that, I figured, was that. I mean, hadn’t I put my poor protagonists through enough? Wasn’t it time to give them—and me—a rest?
That was six years and twenty-odd books ago, enough time for me to get my batteries recharged. This time I’m looking at the Courtlands from a different perspective—that of Seth, Nick’s son, who was a geeky, precocious ten-year-old the last time we saw him. He’s now in his senior year at Cornell University and ready for some life- and love-lessons of his own.
Don’t worry, I have no plans to neglect the parents. Eric, Nick and Ally will all have their say and then some. Just wait ‘til you see what I’ve got cooked up for them this time. ?
It’s hard to articulate what this particular series means to me. I still remember that first email informing me The Arrangement had been accepted, after almost two years shopping it around. Opening my very first box of author copies and shrieking so loud my poor cat ran under the bed. Finishing the third book literally the day before my husband passed away in 2009. Spending the better part of the next two years wondering if I’d ever write again, until Eric came calling and said he needed to tell me how it all ended.
Except… well, you know, a series never really end. I still get flashes of scenes from later in my characters’ lives, but sometimes you just have to leave it alone. We all love to see happily ever after at the end of a story, but pages and pages of schmoop leave me cold.
That said, you’ll find plenty of snuggling under the covers in In From the Cold. Who doesn’t love two hot guys caught in a snowstorm?
And eventually they get around to talking too. ?
For all the Courtland fans clamoring for the next generation…
Cold and sick, Seth Thompson must fight through a snowstorm to get home. Seth’s unconventional upbringing taught him to always reach out to strangers in need, and Iranian engineering student Bilal al-Mansoori is no exception. Being trapped together leads to an unexpected mutual attraction—and a feverishly hot night under the covers.
But Bilal needs more than simply a rescue from the weather—he’s trapped under lifetime of cultural pressures. His strict Muslim father and fellow Iranian students have no clue about his inner torment. His attraction to Seth isn’t a welcome discovery—instead he’s trapped between the existence he’s always known and the prospect of living and loving openly for the first time in his life.
Cat Grant lives by the sea in beautiful Monterey, California, with one persnickety feline and way too many books and DVDs. When she’s not writing, you can usually find her watching movies or TV (Supernatural and The Vampire Diaries are among her favorite shows), singing along to her favorite band (30 Seconds to Mars), or fantasizing about kinky sex with Michael Fassbender and/or Jared Leto.
Here’s Cat’s various hideouts on the Internet:
- Website: http://catgrant.com
Amazon Author Page:
You can contact her directly at: email@example.com
Cat has brought a backlist ebook to give away to one lucky reader. Just leave a comment at the end of the post to enter. The contest ends on Friday, September 19th at 11:59 pm EST.
- By entering the giveaway, you’re confirming that you are at least 18 years old.
- Winners will be selected by random number. No purchase necessary to win. The number of eligible entries received determines the odds of winning.
- If you win, you must respond to my email within 48 hours or another winner may be chosen. Please make sure that your spam filter allows email from Joyfully Jay.
- Winners may be announced on the blog following the contest. By entering the contest you are agreeing to allow your name to be posted and promoted as the contest winner by Joyfully Jay.
- Prizes will be distributed following the giveaway either by Joyfully Jay or the person/organization donating the prize.
- By entering you are agreeing to hold Joyfully Jay harmless if the prize or giveaway in some way negatively impacts the winner.
- Readers may only enter once for each contest. Duplicate entries for the same giveaway will be ignored. In the event of technical problems with the blog during the contest, every effort will be made to extend the contest deadline to allow for additional entries.
- Void where prohibited by law.