Today I am so pleased to welcome Z. Allora to Joyfully Jay. Z. has come to talk to us about her latest release, With Wings, the first book in the Dark Angels series . She has also brought along a copy to give away to three lucky readers. Please join me in giving Z a big welcome!
Hi, everyone. Joyfully Jay thanks so much for allowing me to join you!!! I’ve spent to last year rewriting my first series The Dark Angels. I’m very excited to share it with you!
One of my Facebook Pretties asked me what my motivation and inspiration was for writing With Wings. In 2009, I was sitting in China devoid of uncensored news except for Internet snippets and The Daily Show. There was a story about Adam Lambert kissing his male keyboard player. It resulted in Adam Lambert losing some booking spots on talk shows and the like.
The hardcore feminist in me was incensed. This was sexist! Madonna and Brittany made out onstage in 2003. No outrage there, only a short duration bump in their fame. It was just wrong to have a double standard and it smacked with homophobia.
I made a study as Adam Lambert’s Glam Nation tour as it played across the USA. He sings one song Fever and at the beginning of the song he either kissed the bass player or didn’t. You could literally map how accepting the state based on the action onstage. It was a barometer for homophobia. I followed the band through Europe and Asia via youku.com (Asia’s answer to YOUTUBE).
When the band got to Malaysia, I was horrified by the protests. People were out in the streets condemning Adam Lambert for promoting homosexuality. I realize Malaysia is a very religious country; its laws are in keeping with Sharia law. This means homosexuality is punishable by canings, imprisonment and fines. Public kissing is strictly forbidden.
But I raged for days at the unfairness. I kept staring at a document on my laptop inspired by the ‘what ifs’. What if a singer was attracted to one of his band mate’s? What if one of them had been ‘straight’ up until that point? The ‘what if’s chased around my brain until: What if I could share the idea that EVERYONE deserved a happily ever after. What if it helped one person accept same sex relationships? What if I shared the half-written story on my computer?
I finished With Wings and it was published. However, after writing a few books, regaining my English (living overseas stole my words) and being mentored by some wonderful writers, I felt compelled to return to these characters. I spent the last year re-writing the entire series. My labor of love added about 30,000 words, Angel’s point of view and new scenes to With Wings. I hope you enjoy it.
Please leave a comment and your e-mail so you can be registered for an e-book copy of With Wings.
The lights go down and stage lights up. The Dark Angels have arrived. With his come-hither voice and body made for sin, lead singer Angel Luv draws lovers like a magnet. And when he caresses and taunts shy guitarist Darius Stone on stage, well…it’s an act, right? But every touch lights a fire, and every flirtatious glance chips away at Dare’s certainty that he’s straight. No one else has so captured his imagination.
Temptation beckons. It’s hard not to notice the want in Dare’s eyes, the way he stares when he thinks Angel’s not watching. One wrong move might scare him away, but a work trip to exotic Bali might be the perfect place to let Dare explore his sexuality, with none to be the wiser. But their “friends with benefits” pact has an expiration date that just might sour their friendship.
Every one deserves a happy ending… (And I make sure they get one). I have written about hot rockers, sexy zombies, and club performers in Thailand. My stories are about love, romance and are tied together with erotic sex. I utilize my time overseas and my travels to bring you to places you’ve yet to visit. I introduce you to cultures you’ve yet to explore. But with every word I write I hope to convey love is love. I look forward to hearing from you, my Pretties!
E-mail: Z.Allora@ yahoo.com
Facebook: Z Allora Allora
Z has brought along three ebook copies of With Wings of to give away to three lucky readers. Just leave a comment at the end of the post to enter. The contest ends on Sunday, October 19th at 11:59 pm EST.
- By entering the giveaway, you’re confirming that you are at least 18 years old.
- Winners will be selected by random number. No purchase necessary to win. The number of eligible entries received determines the odds of winning.
- If you win, you must respond to my email within 48 hours or another winner may be chosen. Please make sure that your spam filter allows email from Joyfully Jay.
- Winners may be announced on the blog following the contest. By entering the contest you are agreeing to allow your name to be posted and promoted as the contest winner by Joyfully Jay.
- Prizes will be distributed following the giveaway either by Joyfully Jay or the person/organization donating the prize.
- By entering you are agreeing to hold Joyfully Jay harmless if the prize or giveaway in some way negatively impacts the winner.
- Readers may only enter once for each contest. Duplicate entries for the same giveaway will be ignored. In the event of technical problems with the blog during the contest, every effort will be made to extend the contest deadline to allow for additional entries.
- Void where prohibited by law.