Today I am so pleased to welcome Annabelle Jacobs to Joyfully Jay. Annabelle has come to share an excerpt from her latest release, Alliance (Torsere #3). She has also brought along a great giveaway. Please join me in giving Annabelle a big welcome!
“Nykin.” Eldin shot Nykin a dark look, making Nykin hunch back in his seat a little. “Unless I am misinformed, I believe I’m still the lead dragon rider. You would do well to remember that once in a while.” His words were harsh, but he had a sparkle in his eye that Ryneq didn’t miss, and Ryneq’s stomach sank as he realized what Eldin was going to say. “However, in this instance you are correct. Sire, we would all be honored to provide protection for our people. No matter the risk.”
Ryneq bit back his protests. “Very well. Choose ten of your riders to accompany the soldiers. Leave the rest to guard the palace.”
Ryneq met Nykin’s gaze as he rose from his seat to follow after Eldin, and his heart stuttered at the way Nykin’s blue eyes shone with fierce pride. Nykin nodded, a thank-you for Ryneq not interfering, and a small smile tugged at the corner of Nykin’s mouth.
“I’ll see you later, Nykin, before you leave.” Ryneq may have asked his riders to do this, but he would not let Nykin go on patrol without some time alone with him first.
The guards withdrew with the riders, leaving Ryneq alone with the elves. “We need that barrier up as soon as possible. With Lerran having left with Nysad, are there enough of you to get it done?” The thought hadn’t occurred to him before now, and Ryneq hoped he hadn’t jeopardized anything by agreeing to Lerran’s request to go.
“Yes, Your Highness. Although Lerran’s magic is powerful, we have sufficient magic between us to complete the task.” Glaevahl stood and beckoned for the others to do the same. “With your permission we will get started on it now.”
“Of course. Let me know when it’s done.”
With a nod of understanding, Glaevahl and the others left the room, and Ryneq slumped back in his chair with his head in his hands. It would be a miracle if they all got out of this alive.
King Ryneq and his dragon rider consort, Nykin, return to Torsere to defend the kingdom against the lowland armies already camped along Torsere’s borders. Seran wants the dragons, and with a new witch in his ranks, war is inevitable.
With the elves of Hervath now helping them, Ryneq has a chance at holding Seran at bay. But the witch is using old dark magic, and as Nykin and the dragon riders battle her deadly attack, unexpected betrayal forces Ryneq to make a difficult decision.
Faced with the prospect of losing his kingdom, Ryneq gambles on a plan that could ultimately save Torsere, if they can stay alive long enough to see it through. With Ryneq standing against Seran and his witch, time is of the essence, and Nykin must make a sacrifice to end the war. Only then will Ryneq and Nykin be able to start a life together.
Annabelle Jacobs lives in the South West of England with her husband, three rowdy children, and two cats.
An avid reader of fantasy herself for many years, Annabelle now spends her days writing her own stories. They’re usually either fantasy or paranormal fiction, because she loves building worlds filled with magical creatures, and creating stories full of action and adventure. Her characters may have a tough time of it—fighting enemies and adversity—but they always find love in the end.
- Twitter – https://twitter.com/AJacobs_fiction
- Website – www.annabellejacobs.com
- Email – email@example.com
- Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/ajacobsfiction
Annabelle is offering a giveaway of any book in the Torsere series. Just leave a comment at the end of the post to enter. The contest ends on Sunday, November 23rd at 11:59 pm EST.
- By entering the giveaway, you’re confirming that you are at least 18 years old.
- Winners will be selected by random number. No purchase necessary to win. The number of eligible entries received determines the odds of winning.
- If you win, you must respond to my email within 48 hours or another winner may be chosen. Please make sure that your spam filter allows email from Joyfully Jay.
- Winners may be announced on the blog following the contest. By entering the contest you are agreeing to allow your name to be posted and promoted as the contest winner by Joyfully Jay.
- Prizes will be distributed following the giveaway either by Joyfully Jay or the person/organization donating the prize.
- By entering you are agreeing to hold Joyfully Jay harmless if the prize or giveaway in some way negatively impacts the winner.
- Readers may only enter once for each contest. Duplicate entries for the same giveaway will be ignored. In the event of technical problems with the blog during the contest, every effort will be made to extend the contest deadline to allow for additional entries.
- Void where prohibited by law.