Today I am so pleased to welcome Chris McHart to Joyfully Jay. Chris has come to talk to us about a new release, Grenzen. Chris has also brought along and excerpt and a copy to give away. Please join me in giving Chris a big welcome!
Thanks to Jay for having me here today.
If you’re looking for me these days, there is one pretty safe bet where I can be found. On a Christmas market.
But—What exactly is a Christmas market? And what has it to do with Grenzen, my new release?
Well, some parts of the story happen on the market, so that answer is pretty easy to give.
Explaining a Christmas Market, or better, the Nuremberg Christkindles Market, now that’s a bit harder.
The Nuremberg Christkindles Market is one of the most famous Christmas markets in Germany, a market with a long history and very beautiful on top of that.
It starts the Friday before the 1. Advent and ends on December, 24. About two million people visit the market every year, and make it to one of the biggest in Germany.
It was founded sometime between 1620 and 1640, when it evolved from a weekly market to a market in the Advent. It’s outside (and we usually have temperatures around freezing), which means you’ll drink a lot of Gluehwein to stay warm. Gluehwein, or mulled wine, is a hot, sweet, spiced wine, that knocks you on your butt in no time flat if you’re not careful.
Some of us spend a lot of time on such markets, the bigger ones, and the smaller ones, just taking in the smells of sugar, almonds, cinnamon and wine. We eat bratwurst, look for Christmas presents and get in the mood for the upcoming holidays. I love these markets and it’s a safe bet that I can be found on one on nearly every weekend in December.
If you ever come to Germany before Christmas, make sure to visit one or two of the markets. They are worth it.
Julian stopped at a stall, went to the side entrance and exchanged a few words with the man running it. The seller handed him two steaming mugs, ignoring that there was a line waiting.
Julian passed one along to me and paid for both. I wrapped my freezing hands around my mug, trying to warm them up. It was very cold in Germany at this time of the year, much frostier than I’d anticipated and was used to. I was from Phoenix. It was hot and hotter there, not freezing-your-ass-off-temperatures. But maybe Julian could help me get warm again.
“Would you like to stay here and do some people watching or walk around?”
“I’ve seen most of the market already, so—can you maybe show me more of the city? It’s beautiful, but walking these streets in the dark without a guide is not that much fun.”
“Some of these dark streets have their perks.” His mischievous smile said everything. “But you’re right. I can show you around a bit.”
I shivered at his words. I wanted to ask him to show me these dark streets, and exactly what the perks were. But I didn’t dare, so I nodded and followed Julian through the masses of people to the market’s exit.
When work requires Ryan to leave behind warm and sunny Arizona for cold and snowy Germany, he decides to visit the famous Nuremberg Christmas Market where he meets sexy Julian.
But Julian isn’t an average guy, he’s a Dom. And he wants Ryan to be his sub.
That’s something Ryan has dreamt of, but never admitted to anyone, not even himself. With Julian it suddenly becomes possible.
But what happens once Ryan has to go home, especially since he’s developing feelings for Julian?
There isn’t a future for a relationship if you’re half a world apart…
Chris will be donating a part of my royalties from December’s sales of Never Wrong and Grenzen to Lost-n-Found Youth in Atlanta.
Chris McHart is from Germany and while an accountant, writing is Chris’s real passion. Chris likes to spend time with family and has way too many animals that demand constant attention. Chris also enjoys landscaping and cooking.
Whenever Chris has a free minute, it’s spent writing on a laptop, a cup of coffee in hand, deeply lost in the world Chris’s muses have created.
When coming up for some air, you’ll find Chris on a lot of social networks. Check out Chris’s website to see where you can find out more. Chris looks forward to hearing from you!
Chris has brought an ebook copy of Grenzen to give away to one lucky reader. Just leave a comment at the end of the post to enter (and Chris would love to hear if you have ever visited a Christmas Market in your comment). The contest ends on Friday, December 12th at 11:59 pm EST.
- By entering the giveaway, you’re confirming that you are at least 18 years old.
- Winners will be selected by random number. No purchase necessary to win. The number of eligible entries received determines the odds of winning.
- If you win, you must respond to my email within 48 hours or another winner may be chosen. Please make sure that your spam filter allows email from Joyfully Jay.
- Winners may be announced on the blog following the contest. By entering the contest you are agreeing to allow your name to be posted and promoted as the contest winner by Joyfully Jay.
- Prizes will be distributed following the giveaway either by Joyfully Jay or the person/organization donating the prize.
- By entering you are agreeing to hold Joyfully Jay harmless if the prize or giveaway in some way negatively impacts the winner.
- Readers may only enter once for each contest. Duplicate entries for the same giveaway will be ignored. In the event of technical problems with the blog during the contest, every effort will be made to extend the contest deadline to allow for additional entries.
- Void where prohibited by law.