Today I am so pleased to welcome J.A. Rock & Lisa Henry to Joyfully Jay. J.A. and Lisa have come to talk to us about their latest release, Fall on your Knees, part of Loose Id’s new Rated XXXMAS Anthology. They have also brought along some fabulous giveaways! Please join me in giving Lisa and J.A. a big welcome!
TOTALLY INNOCENT THINGS WE LOVE ABOUT THE HOLIDAYS AND THAT HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH A BOOK WE WROTE
You know, we wrote a kinky menage story for Christmas this year. It’s called FALL ON YOUR KNEES, and it’s available now from Loose Id as part of the RATED XXXMAS anthology. But when we asked ourselves what we wanted to blog about for our tour, we both agreed on one thing: We weren’t going to write about anything dirty in our blog posts.
It’s (almost) Christmas. A joyful time full of peace and goodwill. A time to spend with family, letting the warmth of human kindness wash over you. Decorating cookies and giving gifts and pretending to be thrilled to have gotten socks again… Definitely not a time to spend doing the nasty with multiple partners using every holiday-themed pervertable imaginable. (Though if you want to read about people who do that, we can hook you up. Meet us in that creepy alley in ten. No, not that one. The other one. Cool, see you there.)
So without further ado, we’d like to share with you some of our favorite nonfilthy, nonkinky things about Christmas.
- Mmm. We love the smell of gingerbread cookies warm from the oven. All those spices… Gingerbread is so delicious, and you can cut it into many fun shapes and decorate it any way you like! Well, almost any way you like. You wouldn’t want to do anything too “out there.” No sir. Gingerbread is a holiday tradition we most definitely wouldn’t want to ruin for anybody by putting forth fictional accounts of gently spiced debauchery.
- Warm milk. Yeah, call us a bit old fashioned, but milk is best when it’s warmed in the microwave. And then…you drink it. Yeah, put it directly in your mouth and drink it. There’s absolutely nowhere else it could go. And even if there was, we wouldn’t write about it.
- Toy trains. They’re so cute! The way they chug around their little tracks at the base of the Christmas tree… It would be a crying shame if someone sullied the innocence of toy trains by using them in some unorthodox sex game. Hypothetically speaking. No one would do that. Not even in fiction.
- Candy canes. Love ’em. They’re so…minty. And sure, peppermint is a skin irritant that can cause an intense burning sensation, but what does that have to do with Christmas? Absolutely nothing. Don’t know why we even brought it up.
So as you can see, we fully intend on enjoying a relaxed, ordinary holiday season, because we have suffered no lingering traumatic effects from writing FALL ON YOUR KNEES. This year, we view our favorite Christmas traditions the same way we always have–with a blithe and guiltless affection we hope you too will share.
Christmas. Merry Christmas.
Asa and his longtime partner, Javier, are looking forward to a cozy, kinky Christmas together. But when Asa discovers his coworker Drew has nowhere to go for the holidays, he invites Drew home for dinner. His motives aren’t entirely pure: Asa and Javier are both dominant, and occasionally arrange one night stands with submissives. Asa’s been hot for Drew for months, even though he has no proof Drew is kinky.
Drew has wanted Asa since the day they met. Drew could never come between Asa and his partner, but it doesn’t stop him from fantasizing about belonging to Asa. About letting Asa do filthy, painful, incredible things to him. He accepts Asa’s dinner invitation reluctantly, not eager to witness Asa and Javier’s domestic bliss firsthand.
When Javier discovers Drew’s profile on a BDSM site shortly before Drew’s arrival, the game changes. A bold proposition leads to Asa and Jav sharing a night of play and passion with a dinner guest who’s nowhere near as innocent as he looks. But as their not-so-silent night progresses, all three find themselves on shaky ground. Can they keep this no strings attached? Or is there a way for each man to get what he really wants for Christmas?
Lisa Henry likes to tell stories, mostly with hot guys and happily ever afters. Lisa lives in tropical North Queensland, Australia. She doesn’t know why, because she hates the heat, but she suspects she’s too lazy to move. She spends half her time slaving away as a government minion, and the other half plotting her escape. She attended university at sixteen, not because she was a child prodigy or anything, but because of a mix-up between international school systems early in life. She studied history and English, neither of them very thoroughly. She shares her house with too many cats, a dog, a green tree frog that swims in the toilet, and as many possums as can break in every night. This is not how she imagined life as a grown-up.
- Website: lisahenryonline.com
- Blog: lisahenryonline.blogspot.com.au
- Twitter: twitter.com/LisaHenryOnline
- Facebook: facebook.com/lisa.henry.1441
J.A. Rock has worked as a dog groomer, knife seller, haunted house zombie, standardized patient, census taker, state fair quilt hanger, and, for one less-than-magical evening, a server—and would much rather be writing about those jobs than doing them. J.A. currently lives in Chicago but still sees West Virginia behind Illinois’s back.
- Website: www.jarockauthor.com
- Blog: jarockauthor.blogspot.com
- Twitter: twitter.com/jarockauthor
- Facebook: facebook.com/ja.rock.39
Lisa and J.A. have brought a fabulous tour wide prize, which includes:
- A DIY gingerbread train set! Just assemble and decorate according to the instructions on the box. Then demolish with your jaws of holiday vengeance.
- A signed paperback copy of Lisa’s and my Christmas novel from last year, THE BOY WHO BELONGED. This book is #2 in THE BOY series, features lots of kink, and also includes THE NAUGHTY BOY, our short story from the series.
- An e-copy of the RATED XXXMAS anthology, which, in addition to FALL ON YOUR KNEES, contains an awesome novella by E.F. Mulder called SHEPHERD, WISE MAN, AND THE LITTLE DRUMMER BOY.
TWO additional commenters from the combined tour posts will win e-copies of the RATED XXXMAS anthology. All you have to do is leave your contact info in your comment on any/all of the tour posts. We will draw all winners at 11:59pm on December 24th. And here are the stops:
- December 16 – Joyfully Jay
- December 16 – Love Bytes Reviews
- December 18 – The Novel Approach
- December 20 – Prism Book Alliance
- By entering the giveaway, you’re confirming that you are at least 18 years old.
- Winners will be selected by random number. No purchase necessary to win. The number of eligible entries received determines the odds of winning.
- If you win, you must respond to my email within 48 hours or another winner may be chosen. Please make sure that your spam filter allows email from Joyfully Jay.
- Winners may be announced on the blog following the contest. By entering the contest you are agreeing to allow your name to be posted and promoted as the contest winner by Joyfully Jay.
- Prizes will be distributed following the giveaway either by Joyfully Jay or the person/organization donating the prize.
- By entering you are agreeing to hold Joyfully Jay harmless if the prize or giveaway in some way negatively impacts the winner.
- Readers may only enter once for each contest. Duplicate entries for the same giveaway will be ignored. In the event of technical problems with the blog during the contest, every effort will be made to extend the contest deadline to allow for additional entries.
- Void where prohibited by law.