Hello everyone! Today I am here with another installment of our recurring feature, Favorite Book Lists! And today’s list is of our Favorite Master/Slave stories!
As often happens with these things, this list was inspired by some recent master/slave stories I have read that I just adored. In this case, the Free Men series by Kate Aaron and A Most Personal Property by Darrah Glass. Master/slave is a trope I don’t read that often, but one I find I really like. There is something about that power dynamic that is so fascinating. Like enemies to lovers stories, the challenge is to take men in what is essentially an adversarial relationship and make them fall in love. In addition, the heroes in this trope have a substantial power differential, which is an added challenge to making the relationship work.
Here is a list of our favorite master/slave stories. You can also see all master/slave reviews we have published here. And feel free to add suggestions in the comments if you have your own favorites!
- A King Undone by Cooper Davis
- A Most Personal Property by Darrah Glass
- A Superior Slave by Darrah Glass
- An Uncommon Whore by Belinda McBride
- Anchored by Rachel Haimowitz
- Bad Slave by Kay Berrisford
- Captive Prince by C.S. Pacat
- Concubine by Jill Knowles
- Counterpunch by Aleksandr Voinov
- Duck by Kim Dare
- Embrace by Megan Derr
- He is Worthy by Lisa Henry
- Human Rights by S.L. Armstrong
- Spoils of War by Kari Gregg
- Oren’s Right by Blaine D. Arden
- Plunder by Kari Gregg
- The Master by Kate Aaron
- The Prince of Silk and Thorns by Cherry Dare
- Prince’s Gambit by C.S. Pacat
- A Proper Lover by Darrah Glass
- Sacrati by Kate Sherwood
- The Slave by Kate Aaron
- The Stolen Luck by Shawna Reppert
- The Soldier by Kate Aaron
- Subjection by Alecia Cameron
- Tribute by Lisa Henry
- Where He Belongs by Rachel Haimowitz
Goodreads also has a list of Best Gay Slave Stories you can check out if you want more ideas. Keep in mind GR lists aren’t always totally accurate in terms of books fitting within a category, but definitely worth checking out if this is a theme you enjoy.
[Last updated: 8/24/15]