Today I am so pleased to welcome Ethan Day and Jason Frazier to Joyfully Jay. Ethan and Jason come to talk to us about their latest release, the audiobook for As You Are Audiobook (written by Ethan and narrated by Jason). The guys have brought along some audio excerpts, and interview with Jason, and a great giveaway! Please join me in giving Ethan and Jason a big welcome!
Hello to all the Joyfully Jay readers out there in cyberspace! Many thanks to JJ for allowing me to stop by today to celebrate the release of my very first audiobook, As You Are—available now on iTunes, Amazon & at Audible. Below you’ll find an interview with Jason Frazier, who performed and produced the audio version of this book. As someone who, like me during the writing process, spent months with Julian and company, I wanted to find out how the real-life Jason differed from the first-person hero he so skillfully brought to life.
Additionally, below you will also find an exclusive audio-excerpt for all you Joyfully Jay readers out there who want to hear a little sample from As You Are. One lucky person who leaves a comment below, will win a free copy of the As You Are Audiobook! We’ll choose a randomly drawn winner on March 6th.
I hope you enjoy the interview and the excerpt!
Check out an audio excerpt from As You Are:
Check out an interview with Jason Frazier as he answers some of Ethan’s questions about As You Are and his thoughts on romance!
That’s all bartender and recent college graduate, Julian Hallowell has had on his mind for the past year. Julian may have no idea what he wants to do with his life, but he definitely knows he’s in love with the boy next door: the one in the next room to be exact, his roommate, Danny Wallace.
Danny owns a used textbook store just off campus, and while Julian has done his level best to make Danny fall for him, all his hard work appears to have been in vain. Danny doesn’t seem to view Julian as anything other than that–a roommate and friend. So when new guy in town Andy Baker asks him out on a date, Julian can’t think of a good reason to say no.
Julian has already instituted a Reverse Operation Danny plan, which he’s positive will purge all thoughts of love and lust for his roomie out of his head. He’s ready to move on and start looking for his next Mr. Right, and Andy just might fit the bill.
I am a gay man living in Missouri…I can hear the gasps already!! How very un-chic of me, yes I know. It was here I was born and here I have stayed. The youngest of four children and the only boy, I’ve always suffered from an extravagant fantasy life. When I played with my Star Wars action figures as a child, I liked to make up my own stories. Naturally, Luke Skywalker and Han Solo were totally meant for each other, and Princess Leia made a bitchin’ wise cracking Fag Hag.
I managed to survive high school living in a small, racist town in Southeast Missouri and emerged unscathed, realizing life was too short to pretend to be anything other than who I was. It was very Lifetime Movie Network meets After School Special, I assure you.
After several stints in college, I signed up for a Creative Writing course, choosing the class because there were no tests. For once my scholastic laziness paid off, and I found an outlet for all the fantasies running amuck inside my head. It was love at first write, and I’ve been doing it off and on ever since.
Jason Frazier is a Los Angeles-based voice actor, casting director and producer working in animation, interactive, audiobooks, theater, commercials, new media, film and television. Member SAG-AFTRA / AEA / CSA.
“Frazier’s a hoot!” – Backstage Magazine
Ethan has brought an audiobook copy of As You Are to give away to one lucky reader. Just leave a comment at the end of the post to enter. The contest ends on March 6th at 11:59 pm EST.
- By entering the giveaway, you’re confirming that you are at least 18 years old.
- Winners will be selected by random number. No purchase necessary to win. The number of eligible entries received determines the odds of winning.
- If you win, you must respond to my email within 48 hours or another winner may be chosen. Please make sure that your spam filter allows email from Joyfully Jay.
- Winners may be announced on the blog following the contest. By entering the contest you are agreeing to allow your name to be posted and promoted as the contest winner by Joyfully Jay.
- Prizes will be distributed following the giveaway either by Joyfully Jay or the person/organization donating the prize.
- By entering you are agreeing to hold Joyfully Jay harmless if the prize or giveaway in some way negatively impacts the winner.
- Readers may only enter once for each contest. Duplicate entries for the same giveaway will be ignored. In the event of technical problems with the blog during the contest, every effort will be made to extend the contest deadline to allow for additional entries.
- Void where prohibited by law.