Today I am so pleased to welcome Keira Andrews back to Joyfully Jay. Keira has come to talk to us more about her latest release, A Clean Break (which I loved and am reviewing later today). She has also brought along a great giveaway! Please join me in giving Keira a big welcome!
When I decided to set the sequel to A Forbidden Rumspringa in San Francisco, I’d never been there before. It’s been on my bucket list for years, and I was thrilled to have the opportunity to visit this past summer. One of the top items on my to-do tourist list was ride a cable car. I’m happy to say it was just as fun as I’d hoped it would be!
In A Clean Break, Isaac and David ride a cable car too. Here’s a peek:
“Hang on, Minnesota!” the conductor called out.
As the other passengers laughed, David tensed, his face flushing. But he realized it was good natured, and exhaled a long breath. The wooden board they stood on was covered in a rough gray material that reminded him of sandpaper, and wasn’t much wider than his sneaker. As another cable car approached from the other direction, they had to lean in to avoid banging into the people hanging from it.
A laugh bubbled up in David’s chest, and he returned Isaac’s exuberant grin.
“This is amazing!” Isaac marveled.
It was so much fun, and they were going so fast. But then David wondered if anyone ever fell off. He held the pole with one hand and took Isaac’s arm tightly with the other just in case.
I have to say, I did worry a bit about falling off, but it was a treat to stand on the running board and see San Francisco from a moving cable car. If you’re ever in San Francisco, I think it’s a must.
The free Cable Car Museum is also really worth a visit. I wanted to have Isaac and David go there, but since the book couldn’t just be Isaac and David sightseeing (as tempting as that was!), I had to pick and choose. They definitely had to visit the sea lions at the pier, so the museum sadly had to go.
I hope you enjoy Isaac and David in the big city! Have you ever been to San Francisco? Did you ride a cable car? Would love to hear your experiences!
Journey to San Francisco with Isaac and David in A Clean Break. Available today!
- Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00R3RYZS6
- All Romance: https://www.allromanceebooks.com/product-acleanbreak-1718045-149.html
- Barnes and Noble: http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/a-clean-break-keira-andrews/1120999627
- Kobo: http://store.kobobooks.com/Search/Query?fcmedia=Book&query=9780993859861
- iTunes: https://itunes.apple.com/us/book/id955718322
- Smashwords: https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/506885
They’ve escaped to the outside world—but can they really be free?
David and Isaac have found happiness in each other’s arms. In faraway San Francisco, Isaac’s brother Aaron helps them explore confusing “English” life and move beyond the looming shadow of their Amish roots. For the first time, David and Isaac can be openly gay, yet they struggle to reconcile their sexuality with their faith. At least they don’t have to hide their relationship, which should make everything easier. Right?
But while Isaac thrives at school and makes new friends, David wrestles to come to terms with the reality of the outside world. Haunted by guilt at leaving his mother and sisters behind in Zebulon, he’s overwhelmed by the hustle and bustle of the city as he works to get his carpentry business off the ground.
While David and Isaac finally sleep side by side each night, fear and insecurity could drive them miles apart.
This is the second chapter in a trilogy of forbidden Amish love.
After writing for years yet never really finding the right inspiration, Keira discovered her voice in gay romance, which has become a passion. She writes contemporary, historical, paranormal and fantasy fiction, and—although she loves delicious angst along the way—Keira firmly believes in happy endings. For as Oscar Wilde once said, “The good ended happily, and the bad unhappily. That is what fiction means.” You can find out more about Keira and her books at her website, and on Facebook and Twitter. Subscribe to her monthly newsletter for news, giveaways and more.
Keira has brought an electronic copy of a book from her backlist to give away to one lucky reader. Just leave a comment at the end of the post to enter. The contest ends on Friday, February 6th at 11:59 pm EST.
- By entering the giveaway, you’re confirming that you are at least 18 years old.
- Winners will be selected by random number. No purchase necessary to win. The number of eligible entries received determines the odds of winning.
- If you win, you must respond to my email within 48 hours or another winner may be chosen. Please make sure that your spam filter allows email from Joyfully Jay.
- Winners may be announced on the blog following the contest. By entering the contest you are agreeing to allow your name to be posted and promoted as the contest winner by Joyfully Jay.
- Prizes will be distributed following the giveaway either by Joyfully Jay or the person/organization donating the prize.
- By entering you are agreeing to hold Joyfully Jay harmless if the prize or giveaway in some way negatively impacts the winner.
- Readers may only enter once for each contest. Duplicate entries for the same giveaway will be ignored. In the event of technical problems with the blog during the contest, every effort will be made to extend the contest deadline to allow for additional entries.
- Void where prohibited by law.