Today I am so pleased to welcome Sean Thomas to Joyfully Jay. Sean has come to talk to us about his latest release, The Boy and His Wolf. He has also brought along audio copies to give away! Please join me in giving Sean a big welcome!
Love is powerful. It makes us feel invincible and yet can bring us to our knees. Many times we are searching for it and other times we take comfort in it. I assume that if you’re reading this you are a fan of love.
We’re alike, you and I. We’re part of a unique community of love junkies who can’t seem to get enough of that special bond that blazes between two individuals. Love is… addictive.
As a gay man I specifically enjoy stories that involve two men. I remember, as a teenager I would go to the library and carefully approach one of the catalog computers. After I made sure nobody was around, I would type in the word “gay” as my stomach knotted with fear and anticipation. Not daring to copy down the call numbers, I would commit the information to memory and casually make my way to the fiction section, where I would collect my desired titles and mix them in with random books. This was how I proceeded to devour any and all gay fiction and it went on for some time. It wasn’t ideal but as a teen living in fear of being ‘discovered’ it fulfilled its purpose.
It was the first time in my life I felt like I could identify with a story and even picture myself as one of the two men. This was and is significant because I believe we all feel a piece of anticipation and identification when we read m/m romance; it could be our story. It could be our happily ever after. It doesn’t matter if you’re a man or woman because the love is authentic and lightens our heart. That’s the power of love.
This brings me to how my little novella plays into the greater world of m/m romance and why I decided February is the month of Paranormal Love. Reading m/m romance is important to me. I am inspired by the authentic love stories and am compelled to share the stories that swarm in me. When I began my journey into self-publishing, I promised myself I would live, love, and write authentically. Gone are the days of my teenage self who read in secret and feared the unknown. Today I read and write with pride because m/m romance stories are important.
Love is love. I believe this whole heartedly. Plus, man on man action is hot!
Tanner and Dash are the two men starring in my debut book, The Boy and His Wolf. It’s is a second chance story about a relationship between a human and a werewolf that ‘ended’ four years prior, but continued to burn on…despite their best efforts to quell it. The story picks up when Tanner returns to Amber Pines, Colorado after the death of his former pack’s Alpha. While Tanner is not a wolf, his ex-boyfriend Dash is, which tied him to the pack forever.
I am proud of my story for many reasons but what I enjoy the most is the authentic love both men share. Time and distance are powerless when facing true love. I’m so excited to introduce you to Amber Pines, the Pack and the men who love them.
Tanner never thought he’d be back in Amber Pines or back in Dash’s bed.
But four years and 1,000 miles wasn’t enough distance to make him forget the power of first love. Sure, he spent his time training with one of the world’s top Hunters and he’s no longer the scrawny teenager he used to be. But now that his former pack is threatened, Tanner is again involved in the dangerous life he thought he left behind.
Do Tanner and Dash have a second chance or has his werewolf made his heart as impenetrable as his body? With an all-out battle raging, Tanner must find his place in the new Amber Pines or be shut out forever.
Sean Thomas writes paranormal romance about real heroes in the real world. An avid fan of heroes with fatal flaws who fall in love with regular people, he can’t keep them out of his stories.
In 2014, he won Librarian of the Year from the Romance Writers of America and has been an advocate for the romance genre for some time. When he’s not writing he can be found blogging for USA Today.
Sean has brought two audio book copies of The Boy and His Wolf to give away to two lucky readers! Just leave a comment at the end of the post to enter. The contest ends on Friday, February 13th at 11:59 pm EST.
- By entering the giveaway, you’re confirming that you are at least 18 years old.
- Winners will be selected by random number. No purchase necessary to win. The number of eligible entries received determines the odds of winning.
- If you win, you must respond to my email within 48 hours or another winner may be chosen. Please make sure that your spam filter allows email from Joyfully Jay.
- Winners may be announced on the blog following the contest. By entering the contest you are agreeing to allow your name to be posted and promoted as the contest winner by Joyfully Jay.
- Prizes will be distributed following the giveaway either by Joyfully Jay or the person/organization donating the prize.
- By entering you are agreeing to hold Joyfully Jay harmless if the prize or giveaway in some way negatively impacts the winner.
- Readers may only enter once for each contest. Duplicate entries for the same giveaway will be ignored. In the event of technical problems with the blog during the contest, every effort will be made to extend the contest deadline to allow for additional entries.
- Void where prohibited by law.