Today I am so pleased to welcome B.A. Tortuga to Joyfully Jay. B.A. has come to share an exclusive excerpt from her latest release, Ever The Same. She has also brought along a signed copy of the book to give away. Please join me in giving her a big welcome!
Dixon grinned. It had turned out to be a better day than he’d expected, that was sure. He caught the dog, Duke, trying to sneak around to get to his plate, and shoved away the fuzzy head gently.
“Good catch, man.” That was Audie, and he could hear the smile.
“Y’all cheated, not warning me he was a mooch.”
“Aren’t they all?” Grace asked.
“Well, we have dachshunds. They’re too short to get up like that.”
“And old. They’re so old.” Randi sounded disgusted.
“Randi. Your Daddy Ron loved those dogs.”
Everything went quiet and he bit his lip. Shut. Up.
“I’m sorry.” Randi touched his arm. “I just mean they don’t play much anymore.”
When no one else said a word, he just patted her hand. “Yeah. Yeah, I know. Eat, huh? It’s so good.”
“It is.” She fell to her food, and mostly the conversation went to “pass the sauce.”
Just when he thought the coast was clear, little Sara piped up. “Mommy, how can you have two daddies?”
Audie Barrack is in it up to his elbows with a sick calf when his son’s school calls. Seems Grainger has gotten into yet another fight. When he walks into the principal’s office, he’s shocked to find his son has been fighting with a little girl named Randi.
A little girl with one blind dad and one dad who recently passed away.
Dixon has lost his sight, his career, and his husband. Thank God for his brothers, Momma and Daddy, and his little girl, or he would simply give up. The last thing he needs is for Randi to start trouble at school, especially trouble that puts him in contact with another dad who might expect him to be a functional human being.
Dixon is struggling to live as a blind man, Audie is terrified someone might see he has a closet to come out of, and everyone from the school to both men’s families is worried for the men and their children. Unless they get themselves together and commit to change, neither of them stands a chance.
Texan to the bone and an unrepentant Daddy’s Girl, BA Tortuga spends her days with her basset hounds, getting tattooed, texting her sisters, and eating Mexican food. When she’s not doing that, she’s writing. She spends her days off watching rodeo, knitting and surfing porn sites in the name of research. BA’s personal saviors include her wife, Julia Talbot, her best friend, Sean Michael, and coffee. Lots of coffee. Really good coffee.
Having written everything from fist-fighting rednecks to hard-core cowboys to werewolves, BA does her damnedest to tell the stories of her heart, which was raised in Northeast Texas, but has headed to the high desert mountains. With books ranging from hard-hitting GLBT romance, to fiery menages, to the most traditional of love stories, BA refuses to be pigeon-holed by anyone but the voices in her head.
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/batortuga
- Twitter: @batortuga
- Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.com/batortuga/
- Website – http://www.batortuga.com
- Blog: http://batortuga.blogspot.com
B.A. has brought a signed paperback copy of Ever the Same to give away to one lucky reader. Just follow the Rafflecopter link below to enter.
- By entering the giveaway, you’re confirming that you are at least 18 years old.
- By entering you are agreeing to the Terms and Conditions set out by Rafflecopter for entries.
- Winners may be announced on the blog following the contest. By entering the contest you are agreeing to allow your name to be posted and promoted as the contest winner by Joyfully Jay.
- Prizes will be distributed following the giveaway either by Joyfully Jay or the person/organization donating the prize.
- By entering you are agreeing to hold Joyfully Jay harmless if the prize or giveaway in some way negatively impacts the winner.
- Void where prohibited by law.