Today I am so pleased to welcome Abigail Roux to Joyfully Jay. Abi has come to talk to us about her latest release, Crash and Burn, the final book in the fabulous Cut & Run series. She has also brought along a fabulous tour wide giveaway. Please join me in giving Abi a big welcome!
Hello and thank you for joining me as I bid a fond farewell to Ty and Zane on the Crash & Burn virtual tour! For the next five days, join me on my virtual stops to help me say goodbye to the Cut & Run series with cut scenes, playlists, behind the scenes looks at the process of writing this last book, and a peek at the original plan for the series and the twists and turns it took on its journey to the end.
Did I mention the prizes? I have incredible prizes for two winners; a go-bag put together by one B. Tyler Grady. Each bag has over $370 worth of goodies in it. For more detail on the contents, you can click the link at the end of this post! Every comment on this blog tour enters you in a drawing to win one of these bags. Entries close at midnight, Eastern Time, on April 4, and winners will be announced on April 6th. Contest is valid worldwide.
Since the first book released way back in 2008, I’ve created playlists for each one. The original playlist was simply our own collections of music that we listened to as we wrote. Posting a combination of them publicly was an afterthought, released long after Cut & Run. It became apparent that readers were interested in the playlists, and by the time Sticks & Stones was released it had become a tradition. This playlist is the longest one by far at 50 total songs. Please enjoy the second half of the playlist here at Joyfully Jay.
26. The Passenger – Iggy Pop
We’ll see the bright and hollow sky
We’ll see the stars that shine so bright
Stars made for us tonight
27. Arsonist’s Lullaby – Elton John
All you have is your fire…
And the place you need to reach –
Don’t you ever tame your demons
But always keep them on a leash
28. Ashes & Fire – Ryan Adams
And the wind was suddenly sweeter? than Roosevelt pine,
The windows broke out and the cigarette smoke was drifting by,
The bums on the bowery were swallowed in the lights as cars rumbled by in the night…
Screaming run for your life.
29. Light of Day – The Silent Comedy
With your courage wearing thin, your enemy’s at the gate.
And their voices scream and shrill, give it up and run away.
30. This Night – Black Lab
There’s a game that I played
There are rules I had to break
There’s mistakes that I made
But I made them my way
31. Dangerous – Big Data (feat. Joywave)
You understand, they got a plan for us
I bet you didn’t know that I was dangerous
It must be fate, I found a place for us
I bet you didn’t know someone could love you this much
32. Tightrope – The Silent Comedy
I grew up in a lifeboat, tied to shore by the winter wind
I was made to set afloat, not star of the show ever glittering
In center ring, not a clue
33. Let It Be – The Beatles
For though they may be parted
There is still a chance that they will see
There will be an answer, let it be
34. Knocking On Heaven’s Door – Bob Dylan
Mama, put my guns in the ground
I can’t shoot them any more
That long cold black cloud is coming down
I’m feelin’ like I’m knocking on Heaven’s door
35. Burn One Down – Clint Black
And that’s just the way you are, I’ve known all along
Some candles always burn even when the night is gone
But the strongest of flames won’t burn eternally
36. Wanted Dead Or Alive – Jon Bon Jovi
Oh, and I’m a cowboy, on a steel horse I ride
I’m wanted dead or alive
37. Crazy – Gnarles Barkley
And when you’re out there
Yeah, I was out of touch
But it wasn’t because I didn’t know enough
I just knew too much
38. Bulletproof – La Roux
Tick, tick, tick, tick on the watch
And life’s too short for me to stop
Oh, baby, your time is running out
39. Tonight I Wanna Cry – Keith Urban
There’s pictures of you and I on the walls around me
The way that it was and could have been surrounds me
40. Take This Job and Shove It – Johnny Paycheck
Take this job and shove it
I ain’t working here no more
41. You Save Me – Kenny Chesney
‘Cause when I’m a bullet shot out of a gun
‘Cause when I’m a firecracker comin’ undone
Or when I’m a fugitive ready to run, all wild-eyed and crazy
No matter where my reckless soul takes me
Baby you save me
42. Renegade – Styx
Oh Mamma, I’m in fear for my life from the long arm of the law
Law men has put an end to my running and I’m so far from my home
Oh Mamma, I can hear you a crying you’re so scared and all alone
Hangman is coming down from the gallows and I don’t have very long
43. Falls On Me – Fuel
Am I that strong
To carry on?
I might change your life
I might save my world
Could you save me?
44. Seven Nation Army – White Stripes
And I’m talking to myself at night
Because I can’t forget
Back and forth through my mind
Behind a cigarette
45. I Just Wanna Live – Good Charlotte
These days, it’s getting hectic everywhere that I go
They won’t leave me alone
There’s things they all wanna know
46. Laugh, I Nearly Died – The Rolling Stone
I’m so sick and tired
Trying to turn the tide, yeah
So I’ll say my goodbye
I nearly died
47. Let It Go – Tim McGraw
Skeletons and ghosts are hidin’ in the shadows
Threatening me with all the things that they know
Choices and mistakes – they all know my name
I’m through holdin’ in and holdin’ on to all that pain
48. Sex On Fire – Kings of Leon
Lay where you’re laying
Don’t make a sound
I know they’re watching, they’re watching
49. Set Fire To The Rain – Adele
But I set fire to the rain,
Watched it pour as I touched your face,
Well, it burned while I cried
‘Cause I heard it screaming out your name, your name!
50. I See Fire – Ed Sheeran
If this is to end in fire
Then we should all burn together
Watch the flames climb high into the night
It’s been five years since Special Agents Ty Grady and Zane Garrett first worked together to solve the Tri-State murders, and time has been both harsh and kind. Engaged now, they face the challenge of planning a deeply uncertain future together. Zane is at the pinnacle of his career with one last mystery to solve, while Ty is at sea in a world where he’s no longer the tip of a spear.
There’s just one more hurdle in the way of their happy ever after: a traitor from their inner circle who threatens to burn their world to the ground.
Squeezed between the Vega cartel, an unknown mole, and too many alphabet agencies to count, Ty and Zane must gather all their strength and resources to beat the longest odds they’ve ever faced. To make it out alive, they’ll need help from every friend they’ve got. Even the friends who might betray their trust.
Abi is giving away a go-bag put together by one B. Tyler Grady for two lucky winners on her tour. Each bag has over $370 worth of goodies in it. Every comment on this blog tour enters you in a drawing to win one of these bags. Entries close at midnight, Eastern Time, on April 4, and winners will be announced on April 6th. Contest is valid worldwide. Follow this link to find detailed info on the go-bag prizes, but make sure you comment here to enter!
- By entering the giveaway, you’re confirming that you are at least 18 years old.
- Winners will be selected by random number. No purchase necessary to win. The number of eligible entries received determines the odds of winning.
- If you win, you must respond to my email within 48 hours or another winner may be chosen. Please make sure that your spam filter allows email from Joyfully Jay.
- Winners may be announced on the blog following the contest. By entering the contest you are agreeing to allow your name to be posted and promoted as the contest winner by Joyfully Jay.
- Prizes will be distributed following the giveaway either by Joyfully Jay or the person/organization donating the prize.
- By entering you are agreeing to hold Joyfully Jay harmless if the prize or giveaway in some way negatively impacts the winner.
- Readers may only enter once for each contest. Duplicate entries for the same giveaway will be ignored. In the event of technical problems with the blog during the contest, every effort will be made to extend the contest deadline to allow for additional entries.
- Void where prohibited by law.