Today I am so pleased to welcome Annabelle Jacobs to Joyfully Jay. Annabelle has come to talk to share an exclusive excerpt from her latest release, The Altered. She has also brought along a great giveaway. Please join me in giving her a big welcome!
“It’s not our fight,” she protested, but Jordan was already moving toward the door.
Something pulled at him, urging him forward, and he couldn’t ignore it any longer.
Keira radiated frustration and anger, but Jordan grinned as she and Charlie fell in step behind him. She might not agree with him this time, but they always had each other’s backs.
The street out front was busy with people not watching the fight any longer, but neither Matt nor Daniel would be there, so Jordan didn’t stop to look. They followed the snarling and hissed words coming from the narrow alleyway around the corner, and Jordan struggled not to shift at the scene that met them.
All three shifters turned to look at them—Matt standing protectively in front of Daniel where he leaned against the wall for support, with two others in front of them.
Jordan flexed his hands, his claws sliding smoothly out. “Everything all right?”
He let his fangs come down too, baring his teeth so there was no mistaking his intent. Keira and Charlie flanked him as he took a few more steps into the alley.
Twenty years ago the UK’s water supply was contaminated with an experimental pathogen, Lycanaeris, causing widespread panic across the nation. Terrorism was suspected but never proven, and when nothing happened–no epidemic, no unexplained illnesses–the whole episode was written off as an elaborate hoax. But Lycanaeris was selective. Only those of a certain age, and with a specific gene in their DNA were infected. Time would reveal the pathogen’s true nature, when those susceptible grew up Altered.
Daniel is one of thousands forced to hide his altered status by living a quiet life. He’s not like the others, though. Daniel can’t help looking so distinctive or being able to see every altered for what they really are. To those abducting altereds, that skill makes him valuable.
For Jordan, shifting from human to wolf means living under the radar to avoid unwanted attention. Meeting Daniel complicates matters. Daniel’s existence is a threat to Jordan and his friends, but Jordan can’t seem to shake the strange connection between them. When danger threatens, there’s little time for Daniel and Jordan to work out their feelings before lives are at stake.
Annabelle Jacobs lives in the South West of England with her husband, three rowdy children, and two cats.
An avid reader of fantasy herself for many years, Annabelle now spends her days writing her own stories. They’re usually either fantasy or paranormal fiction, because she loves building worlds filled with magical creatures, and creating stories full of action and adventure. Her characters may have a tough time of it—fighting enemies and adversity—but they always find love in the end.
- Twitter – https://twitter.com/AJacobs_fiction
- Website – www.annabellejacobs.com
- Email – email@example.com
- Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/ajacobsfiction
Annabelle has brought a electronic copy of any of her backlist books to give away to one lucky reader. Just leave a comment at the end of the post to enter. The contest ends on Thursday, April 16th at 11:59 pm EST.
- By entering the giveaway, you’re confirming that you are at least 18 years old.
- Winners will be selected by random number. No purchase necessary to win. The number of eligible entries received determines the odds of winning.
- If you win, you must respond to my email within 48 hours or another winner may be chosen. Please make sure that your spam filter allows email from Joyfully Jay.
- Winners may be announced on the blog following the contest. By entering the contest you are agreeing to allow your name to be posted and promoted as the contest winner by Joyfully Jay.
- Prizes will be distributed following the giveaway either by Joyfully Jay or the person/organization donating the prize.
- By entering you are agreeing to hold Joyfully Jay harmless if the prize or giveaway in some way negatively impacts the winner.
- Readers may only enter once for each contest. Duplicate entries for the same giveaway will be ignored. In the event of technical problems with the blog during the contest, every effort will be made to extend the contest deadline to allow for additional entries.
- Void where prohibited by law.