Today I am so pleased to welcome Christina Lee to Joyfully Jay. Christina has come to share an exclusive excerpt from her latest release, There You Stand. She has also brought along two great giveaways. Please join me in giving Christina a big welcome!
“This is as deep as the water gets,” he said, creating a gentle splash in my direction.
I raised an eyebrow. “You tricked me.”
“It worked,” he whispered.
He gave me one of his rare smiles, which turned very serious after a few more seconds of gazing into each other’s eyes. My stomach was buzzing and my raging hard-on only felt tighter with anticipation.
I was wading in the quarry in the middle of the night completely bare with a guy who not only wanted me but also made my head fuzzy with emotions I hadn’t felt in years.
It was like being in a perilous game of chess. Jude stepped forward and instinctively I knew that he needed to be the one to make the first move. He was a guy running from something, the likes of which I didn’t understand, and if I wanted to find out anything more about him, I needed to play it cool.
Especially since he didn’t even seem to know if he was in fact gay. I’d been with guys who weren’t out of the closet yet. Everyone moved on his or her own timeline but if one thing was certain, it was that I never wanted to be somebody’s dirty little secret again. And though my head was telling me that was exactly where this was headed, I still couldn’t stop myself from experiencing one taste of this man.
We were inches apart and our breaths intermingled sharing a sliver of air between us. That’s when I knew unquestioningly that he wanted me like I wanted him.
It was dark, sprinkling softly; the only light was our shared moon. I was exposed and standing so close to Jude York that I could have leaned over and sampled his wet lips.
His eyes now travelled between my mouth and eyes as if he was contemplating his next move.
Just as I sighed, his hands rose out of the water. His fingers glided to my neck and his thumbs slipped over my collarbone.
Anguish filtered through his eyes as if he was fighting himself on something, so I remained silent and motionless—transfixed by the heat and texture of his hands on my skin.
My lips parted and I leaned toward him, hoping his mouth would meet mine halfway. Instead, he inched his face away and tucked his head into my shoulder. I kicked myself for wanting to taste his lips so badly.
Tattoo artist Cory Easton has worked long enough at Raw Ink to know, just by looking at a dude, what his body art reveals, what makes him tick, what even makes him scared. Until he meets the quiet and remote Jude York–so unreadable, so unreachable, and so unlike anyone else, he can’t help but arouse Cory’s curiosity.
As captivating and complex as his ink, Jude is a mystery–and Cory’s falling fast and hard under his spell. Against his better judgment to steer clear.
The rumors of Jude’s past overshadow him–whispers of prison and an unmentionable secret that’s kept him in the protective shadows of a local motorcycle club. As Cory probes deeper, he wonders how much he really wants to know. Especially since Jude has awakened something inside him that has been buried too long–and has him feeling completely alive for the first time in forever…
Mother, wife, reader, dreamer. Christina lives in the Midwest with her husband and son–her two favorite guys. She’s addicted to lip gloss and salted caramel everything.
She believes in true love and kissing, so writing romance novels has become a dream job.
She also owns her own jewelry business, where she hand-stamps meaningful words or letters onto silver for her customers.
She loves to hear from her readers. You can find her on her WEBSITE: www.christinalee.net. From there you can link to her Facebook and Twitter accounts.
Christina has brought two great giveaways for two lucky winners! The first winner will get a $5 Amazon gift card, and the second will get any gay romance book from their TBR list! Just leave a comment at the end of the post to enter. The contest ends on Thursday, April 23rd at 11:59 pm EST.
- By entering the giveaway, you’re confirming that you are at least 18 years old.
- Winners will be selected by random number. No purchase necessary to win. The number of eligible entries received determines the odds of winning.
- If you win, you must respond to my email within 48 hours or another winner may be chosen. Please make sure that your spam filter allows email from Joyfully Jay.
- Winners may be announced on the blog following the contest. By entering the contest you are agreeing to allow your name to be posted and promoted as the contest winner by Joyfully Jay.
- Prizes will be distributed following the giveaway either by Joyfully Jay or the person/organization donating the prize.
- By entering you are agreeing to hold Joyfully Jay harmless if the prize or giveaway in some way negatively impacts the winner.
- Readers may only enter once for each contest. Duplicate entries for the same giveaway will be ignored. In the event of technical problems with the blog during the contest, every effort will be made to extend the contest deadline to allow for additional entries.
- Void where prohibited by law.