I am now officially back from the RT Booklovers Convention in Dallas (instead of just pretending to already be home like I was last week). It was such a great event and it was wonderful to see all the inroads GBLT romance has made within the larger romance world. The two panels I went to were standing room only and there seemed to be lots of new readers getting started in the genre.
I also had a wonderful time hanging out with so many fabulous friends. As usual, JA Rock and I got up to much trouble, and spent at least two evenings laughing so hard I was gasping for air when we should have been sleeping. I will also point out that we work well together because we were both equally horrified at the other’s packing job (I had two suitcases with like 10 pairs of shoes and 11 pairs of pants and she packed for an entire week in a backpack. A backpack, you guys!). Things at the conference weren’t nearly as busy as New Orleans in 2014, and dining choices were fairly meager, but overall it was a fabulous event. I had been debating on 2016 since it is in Vegas, which is not my kind of town, but after having such a great time this year, I can’t imagine missing it.
So now I’m trying to catch up on things after being away. Can we all just pretend that my suitcases are unpacked?
Oh, and just a quick teaser for coming attractions — in June I will be co-sponsoring a big event with Dreasmpinner Press. It is called the Beach Read Bonanza and we will have a great group of DSP authors here talking about beach reads. You can enter at each stop to win a fabulous beach bag filled with goodies! I will have all the details next week when we officially kick off, but it is going to be a really fun event! And seriously, could this logo by Paul Richmond be any cuter?
One more thing, I just added a new feature to the blog. On the right hand sidebar toward the bottom, I now have a rotating list of all the top rated books from the previous week. I will try to have it updated on Saturday or Sunday with our favorite books from the prior week. That way you don’t have to wait until our Monthly Favorites Lists to see all the goodies!
But before that, here is what we have planned this week…
- Review: Training Complex by Leta Blake (Jay)
- Review: Lonely Shore by Jenn Burke and Kelly Jensen (Sue)
- Excerpt and Giveaway: Wrecked by Deanna Wadsworth
- Review: Rebel Moon by Shannon West (Kris)
- Review: Strangers in the Night by Jaycee Edward and Helena Stone (Jay)
- Review: Song of the Navigator by Astrid Amara (Michelle)
- Review: The Trouble with Mr. Midwest by T. Neilson (Wendy)
- Guest Post: Spell Bound by Jacob Z. Flores
- Review: Light a Candle by V.J. Summers (Kris)
- Review: Johnnie by Cardeno C (Jay)
- Review: Loved Cubed by Eddy LeFey (Veronica)
- Review: Justice by Joel Skelton (Wendy)
- Guest Post and Giveaway: Closing the Loop by Jane Davitt
- Review: Autumn Changes by B.G. Thomas (Sammy)
- Review: Kick at the Darkness by Keira Andrews (Jay)
- Throwback Thursday Review: Fraternal Devotion anthology (Michelle)
- Excerpt and Giveaway: The Altered 2 by Annabelle Jacobs
- Review: Bridge and Doug by Jenn Dease (Jason)
- Review: Surprised at Nothing by Kristi Lee (Kris)
- Review: The Hitchhiker by Alex Pendragon (Michelle)
- Review: Rubble and Wreckage by Rodd Clark (Wendy)
- Review: Closing the Loop by Jane Davitt (Sue)
- Excerpt and Giveaway: Kage by Maris Black
- Review: Blowing Off Steam by Joy Lynn Fielding (Sammy)