Today I am so pleased to welcome Rhys Ford to Joyfully Jay. Rhys has come to talk to us about her latest release, Murder and Mayhem. I totally LOVED this book! Loved! She has also brought along an awesome giveaway. Please join me in giving Rhys a big welcome!
A funny thing happened on the way to the murder scene… I needed victims.
Now skip this part if you’ve heard it before but see, it’s hard to be a serial killer without victims. And if there’s one thing I do like writing, it is murder.
For the introduction of Rook and Dante in Murder and Mayhem, I wanted to do something different so I reached out to my fellow authors and ask; Can I murder you?
Everyone I reached out to said yes. Some were reluctant, some were enthusiastic but mostly there was a tingle of impending doom because really, nothing says I love you like a particularly well planned murder—especially if it’s yours.
The authors I’m killing off on this tour are some of my favourites. I could kill everyone I like. Sadly, I wouldn’t have enough time and I do have to move on to other murders, other books. But I’ve gathered a few… and best of all, like in some of the better mysteries in life, there is a plot twist.
To launch the Murder and Mayhem series, I will be giving away books written by my victims as well as a $20 USD gift certificate to the eTailer of the winner’s choice.
Catch each authors’ death on the tour and be sure to enter to win! And thank you all very much.
Lynn Flewelling — Luck in the Shadows (Nightrunner, Vol. 1), Stalking Darkness (Nightrunner, Vol. 2)
Lynn Flewelling. Really, if you want to talk about a foundational author across the genres, it is Lynn. She packs a hell of a punch, long story arcs and is just a damned master of the language. I adore Lynn. Such a delight. Such a treasure.
Andi Van — Starting With the Unexpected
I am pairing Lynn with an up and coming author because I think Andi’s got some solid chops. She has fun with the story and more importantly, weaves a bunch of textures into her characters. I can’t wait to see where she’s going.
Murder and Mayhem Blog Tour
- June 1: It’s About The Book (http://itsaboutthebook.com/)
- June 2: Love Bytes (http://lovebytesreviews.com/)
- June 3: MMGoodBook Reviews (https://mmgoodbookreviews.wordpress.com/)
- June 4: Mercy Celeste (https://mercyceleste.wordpress.com/)
- June 4: 3Chicks After Dark (http://3chicksafterdark.com/)
- June 5: The Novel Approach (http://thenovelapproachreviews.com/)
- June 5: Bike Book Reviews Spotlight (http://bikebookreviews.blogspot.com/)
- June 6: Sinfully (http://sinfullysexybooks.blogspot.com/)
- June 7: The Blogger Girls (http://thebloggergirls.com/)
- June 8: Prism Alliance (http://www.prismbookalliance.com/)
- June 9: Joyfully Jay (https://joyfullyjay.com/)
Murder and Mayhem
Dead women tell no tales.
Former cat burglar Rook Stevens stole many a priceless thing in the past, but he’s never been accused of taking a life—until now. It was one thing to find a former associate inside Potter’s Field, his pop culture memorabilia shop, but quite another to stumble across her dead body.
Detective Dante Montoya thought he’d never see Rook Stevens again—not after his former partner’d falsified evidence to entrap the jewelry thief and Stevens walked off scot-free. So when he tackled a fleeing murder suspect, Dante was shocked to discover the blood-covered man was none other than the thief he’d fought to put in prison and who still made his blood sing.
Rook is determined to shake loose the murder charge against him, even if it means putting distance between him and the rugged Cuban-Mexican detective who brought him down. If one dead con artist wasn’t bad enough, others soon follow, and as the bodies pile up around Rook’s feet, he’s forced to reach out to the last man he’d expect to believe in his innocence—and the only man who’s ever gotten under Rook’s skin.
Read an excerpt and Purchase Murder and Mayhem here: http://www.dreamspinnerpress.com/store/product_info.php?products_id=6468
Rhys Ford was born and raised in Hawai’i then wandered off to see the world. After chewing through a pile of books, a lot of odd food, and a stray boyfriend or two, Rhys eventually landed in San Diego, which is a very nice place but seriously needs more rain.
Rhys admits to sharing the house with three cats of varying degrees of black fur and a ginger cairn terrorist. Rhys is also enslaved to the upkeep a 1979 Pontiac Firebird, a Toshiba laptop, and an overworked red coffee maker.
- My Blog: www.rhysford.com
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/rhys.ford.author
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/Rhys_Ford
And at the Starbucks down the street. No really, they’re 24/7. And a drive-thru. It’s like heaven.
My books can be purchased, folded and first chapters read at Dreamspinner Press.
Rhys has brought Luck in the Shadows (Nightrunner, Vol. 1) and Stalking Darkness (Nightrunner, Vol. 2) by Lynn Flewelling and Starting with the Unexpected by Andi Van, AND a $20 gift certificate to the retailer of the winner’s choice to give away to one lucky reader. Just leave a comment at the end of the post to enter. The contest ends on Friday June 12th at 11:59 pm EST.
- By entering the giveaway, you’re confirming that you are at least 18 years old.
- Winners will be selected by random number. No purchase necessary to win. The number of eligible entries received determines the odds of winning.
- If you win, you must respond to my email within 48 hours or another winner may be chosen. Please make sure that your spam filter allows email from Joyfully Jay.
- Winners may be announced on the blog following the contest. By entering the contest you are agreeing to allow your name to be posted and promoted as the contest winner by Joyfully Jay.
- Prizes will be distributed following the giveaway either by Joyfully Jay or the person/organization donating the prize.
- All book prizes are in electronic format unless otherwise specified.
- By entering you are agreeing to hold Joyfully Jay harmless if the prize or giveaway in some way negatively impacts the winner.
- Readers may only enter once for each contest. Duplicate entries for the same giveaway will be ignored. In the event of technical problems with the blog during the contest, every effort will be made to extend the contest deadline to allow for additional entries.
- Void where prohibited by law.