Today I am so pleased to welcome Larissa Ione to Joyfully Jay. Larissa has come to talk to us about her latest release, Base Instinctsar. This is the first m/m book in her long running Demonica series and I really loved it. She has also brought along a great giveaway. Please join me in giving Larissa a big welcome!
Today I want to talk about the everlasting, non-ending series. Why? Because I love them, but I know a lot of people who don’t, and I get that. I admit, there are some series that lose steam after a while, and I’ve quit a few because of that. Plus, a series with a gazillion books makes it hard to find a place to start. Picking up the first book when there are twenty that come after it can be daunting.
On the other hand, when I find a series I love (be it in the form of books, TV shows, or movies), I want to stay in that world indefinitely. Robert Jordan’s Wheel of Time series, for example, is one that I never want to leave. In fact, since I haven’t read the final 4 books, I’ve started over from the beginning and am currently immersed in his amazing fantasy world. I want to be an Aes Sedai, dammit! (Yellow or Green Ajah, I think, but Brown would be pretty cool, too, since I love reading and research.)
My love of the long-running series has carried over to my own books, which is why my Demonica/Lords of Deliverance series has continued as long as it has. Oh, the original, main arc came to an explosive conclusion in REVENANT, but there are still so many stories to tell (including Raze and Slake’s story in my new release, Base Instincts.)
So for those of you who enjoy hanging out in a world for as long as you can, I hope you enjoy the universe I created, because it will continue. In fact, a new chapter will start soon, with the kids of the original cast all grown up. But in the meantime, I hope you enjoy Base Instincts and the tales that follow.
I’m curious – are you a fan of the long-running series, or do you prefer a shorter format, like trilogies? I’d love to know!
And don’t forget to enter the giveaway! Thanks for coming out and playing with us today!
As a Seminus demon, Raze’s life literally depends on having sex with females. The problem is that he doesn’t desire females, and it’s physically impossible for him to be with males. Thankfully, he and his best friend, Fayle, have an arrangement that keeps him alive . . . if lonely. He finds some solace in his work as a medic at Thirst, a vampire club known for its rough clientele. But his carefully structured world turns upside down when he meets a mysterious male who makes him want what he can never have.
Slake is an assassin used to getting what he wants, and what he wants is Raze. But he also wants to earn back the soul he sold when he was a much different demon. All he has to do is capture a runaway succubus named Fayle and hand her over to her family. What he doesn’t count on is being caught himself by a web of lies—and his attraction to Raze.
Raze and Slake must navigate a dangerous world to be together. But as Fayle’s jealousy of their relationship turns deadly, they find themselves embroiled in a battle not only for their love, but their lives and souls.
Larissa Ione is an award-winning New York Times and USA Today bestselling author. An Air Force veteran and former EMT, she traded in a career as a meteorologist to pursue her passion for writing. She now spends her days in pajamas with her computer, strong coffee, and supernatural worlds. She believes in celebrating everything, and would never be caught without a bottle of champagne chilling in the fridge . . . just in case. She currently lives in Wisconsin with her US Coast Guard husband, her teenage son, a rescue cat named Vegas, and her very own hellhound, a King Shepherd named Hexe.
- Website: http://www.larissaione.com/
- Twitter: http://twitter.com/LarissaIone
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/OfficialLarissaIone
Every comment on this blog tour enters you in a drawing for a tote bag with swag and signed copies of Pleasure Unbound and Desire Unchained, the first two books in the Demonica/Lords of Deliverance series! Entries close at midnight, Eastern time, on September 19. Contest is NOT restricted to U.S. entries. Don’t forget your email so we can contact you if you win!
- By entering the giveaway, you’re confirming that you are at least 18 years old.
- Winners will be selected by random number. No purchase necessary to win. The number of eligible entries received determines the odds of winning.
- If you win, you must respond to my email within 48 hours or another winner may be chosen. Please make sure that your spam filter allows email from Joyfully Jay.
- Winners may be announced on the blog following the contest. By entering the contest you are agreeing to allow your name to be posted and promoted as the contest winner by Joyfully Jay.
- Prizes will be distributed following the giveaway either by Joyfully Jay or the person/organization donating the prize.
- All book prizes are in electronic format unless otherwise specified.
- By entering you are agreeing to hold Joyfully Jay harmless if the prize or giveaway in some way negatively impacts the winner.
- Readers may only enter once for each contest. Duplicate entries for the same giveaway will be ignored. In the event of technical problems with the blog during the contest, every effort will be made to extend the contest deadline to allow for additional entries.
- Void where prohibited by law.