Today I am so pleased to welcome Anna Zabo to Joyfully Jay. Anna has come as part of the GRL Blog Tour . She has also brought along a great giveaway. Please join me in giving Anna a big welcome!
The Events of GRL
There’s a lot to do at GayRomLit. I mean aside from sitting in the bar or the lobby or wherever and chatting with authors and readers and bloggers, or playing Cards Against Humanity into the wee hours of the morning.
You don’t have to go to every event. Indeed, you can’t because some happen at the same time. There’s usually two fun fair events happening during the same time slot, so you kind of have to pick and choose—but you can take an hour or two off if you’re overwhelmed.
You don’t have to dress up for themed events. Some events are costume- or fancy-dress friendly, but you don’t need to have a costume or fancy dress to attend! Come anyway. It’s you we want to see! Of course if you do want to dress up, please! We want to see you too! But don’t stay away because all you have is t-shirts and jeans. Come as you are.
Dancing is fun, even if you suck at it. I’m a horrible dancer, but I’ve had the best time the past two GRLs just letting go on the dance floor. There’s something about dancing around to songs you love with people who get you.
Water and soda are perfectly acceptable bar drinks. Don’t worry about not drinking if you want to hang out with the folks in the bar (or at the parties). Plenty of folks don’t imbibe. Come and sit and chat. And if you see me, feel free to strike up a conversation. I’m a dork, but I’m harmless.
Please consider going to the Supporting Author Signing. It’s the first event of GRL and so important for the supporting authors, especially for those whom this is their very first GRL. For the people who are brand new, this is their big chance to connect with you the readers, so please stop on by and say hello to an author you’ve never heard of. Heck do that at the Featured Author signing too.
The Spotlights are great. Personally, I try to hit one of the reading of an author I’ve never read before, to get an idea of their work…and I usually end up running into the dealers room or hunting down that author to get a copy of the book.
And I’m going to make a little plug here to come to the Fun Fair event hosted by LA Witt and myself: Win, Lose, Draw, or Discover Your New Favorite LGBT Author! We’re playing romance trope Pictionary and there’s buckets of prizes, including two Kindle Fires loaded with books by Supporting Authors.
Justin White may not look like an up and coming corporate superstar, but his new boss knows he has the smarts, grit, and determination to succeed. Now he just has to convince his company’s CFO, Eli Ovadia. Unfortunately, Justin can’t seem to keep his cool around the domineering Eli—and soon he finds himself taking their heat from the boardroom into the bedroom….
Still haunted by a tragic accident that left him with a wounded leg and broken heart, Eli has a need to be in control. But his desire for Justin makes him want to lose that control—and push them both far beyond their limits. But will his need to dominate Justin drive him away—or will Eli find a way to be the man he needs for both of them?
Anna Zabo writes contemporary and paranormal romance for all colors of the rainbow. She lives in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, which isn’t nearly as boring as most people think. You can find her most often on twitter as @amergina or visit her website at annazabo.com. She also has a Tumblr, but that’s mostly photos of guys in suits. And Tom Hiddleston.
Anna has brought a copy of Just Business from either Amazon or B&N to give away to one lucky reader (she will gift the book from the retailer). Just leave a comment at the end of the post to enter. The contest ends on Saturday, September 19th at 11:59 pm EST.
- By entering the giveaway, you’re confirming that you are at least 18 years old.
- Winners will be selected by random number. No purchase necessary to win. The number of eligible entries received determines the odds of winning.
- If you win, you must respond to my email within 48 hours or another winner may be chosen. Please make sure that your spam filter allows email from Joyfully Jay.
- Winners may be announced on the blog following the contest. By entering the contest you are agreeing to allow your name to be posted and promoted as the contest winner by Joyfully Jay.
- Prizes will be distributed following the giveaway either by Joyfully Jay or the person/organization donating the prize.
- All book prizes are in electronic format unless otherwise specified.
- By entering you are agreeing to hold Joyfully Jay harmless if the prize or giveaway in some way negatively impacts the winner.
- Readers may only enter once for each contest. Duplicate entries for the same giveaway will be ignored. In the event of technical problems with the blog during the contest, every effort will be made to extend the contest deadline to allow for additional entries.
- Void where prohibited by law.