Hi everyone! So we are just finishing up the second week of our Reading Challenge Month. TBR Pile Week was just amazing! I love loved reading all your comments on our review posts, and am so excited by how many of you read along and gave us your reviews on Friday. There is still time to enter the Week 2 giveaway for the loaded iPad Mini from Dreamspinner Press. You can check out this post for more details and leave your reviews here. And don’t forget all your comments and reviews during the whole month also entire you for our grand prize from Riptide Publishing!
Starting tomorrow we move on to Genre Challenge Week! This week we will challenging ourselves to read books that are outside our normal genres. For folks reading at home, this doesn’t have to be a genre you NEVER read. But I think we all have a tendency to gravitate toward the same type of books over and over, and shy away from genres or themes that may be less familiar or comfortable. So this week we are pushing our envelopes a bit to pick up some books we may have normally passed over. Less Than Three Press is sponsoring this week and they have some great books they are giving away (see details below).
So first off, if you aren’t caught up on the event, be sure to check out the details here. It has just about everything you might need to know about what is going on and there is still plenty of time to get involved.
Here is what we are reviewing this week:
- On Wings of Song by Anne Barwell
- Nor Iron Bars a Cage by Kaje Harper
- Right Here Waiting by K.E. Belladonna
- Property of the Alpha by Shannon West and Victoria Sue
- Obsidian Sun by Jon Keys
- Agamemnon Frost and the House of Death by Kim Knox
- Beneath the Scales by Aurora Peppermint
As always, you can enter to win two ways:
1) Leave a relevant comment on any of the challenge review posts (one entry for each post you comment on)
2) Read along and provide a mini review of your book on our Friday wrap up post (10 entries)
This week’s fabulous prize is sponsored by Less Than Three Press. They are giving away ALL of their September releases, plus a choice of any audiobook from their catalog! This is 12 ebooks, plus an audiobook, in all different genres so you can try out a bunch of different books!
Every entry earned this week (and every week throughout the month) will also go toward a drawing for a fabulous grand prize sponsored by Riptide Publishing. Riptide is giving Advanced Review Copies of 12 of their books that publish in September and beyond! For most of these titles, you will get them well before they are even released, in special paperback format made just for the trades for review (so there are usually only about 10 of each book in this form in existence!). Books include:
- Bane by Amelia C. Gormley – Releases September 21
- Rough Road by Vanessa North — Releases September 28
- Lesson for Sleeping Dogs by Charlie Cochrane — Releases Oct 12
- Minotaur by J.A. Rock — Releases Oct 19
- Dead Ringer by Heidi Belleau and Sam Schooler — Releases Oct 26
- A Fortunate Blizzard by L.C. Chase — Releases Nov 2
- Tribute: The Complete Series — Releases Nov 2
- Rebound Remedy by Christine d’Abo – Releases Nov 9
- Y Negative by Kelly Haworth — Releases Nov 16
- Blueberry Boys by Vanessa North — Releases Nov 30
- Winter Oranges by Marie Sexton – Releases Nov 30
- Subs Club by J.A. Rock – Releases Dec 7
The winner will get all these books shipped at the end of September, so you will get your copies WAY before anyone else gets their hands on them! (International winners: due to high shipping costs, Riptide can’t send paperbacks overseas. International folks will get copies of all of these books in ebook form the Saturday before they are released.)
So we have lots of great stuff this week, and please join me in thanking Less Than Three Press and Riptide Publishing for their sponsorship!