Today I am so pleased to welcome Skylar M. Cates to Joyfully Jay. Skylar has come to talk to us about her latest release, A Guy’s Thanksgiving. She has also brought along a choice of ebook to give away. Please join me in giving her a big welcome!
The Surprise Book
Last year when I finished The Last Guy Breathing, I imagined it as the final book in my Guy series. Three was a good number, and I was pleased with the trilogy.
So what happened? Well, a few things occurred that took me down the road of this Thanksgiving book.
The first was a few of my readers asked me about a book for Mac, Jesse’s good friend in The Only Guy. I considered giving Mac a whole book of his own, but the story I had in mind for him was more a novella length.
The second thing was my desire to see all the guys from the series get to interact. This was a series where some of the characters lived in Arizona and some lived in New York. That makes it more complex to have them get together than in other series where they all live in the same town.
Glamour, my fictitious Arizona town, felt like a great place to have a holiday book, too!
I briefly tried to write a Fourth of July book for them, but I missed the deadline due to being busy with my other series, Sunshine and Happiness. At this point, it seemed as if there would be no other book. I figured that was that. Sigh….
But Mac’s voice pushed his way into my head, along with a stubborn Irishman named Conor, and A Guy’s Thanksgiving was born at last.
I adore holiday books where all the different couples are still in love and planning their futures. Don’t you? It gives me a happy feeling at the center of my heart.
Of course, a few surprises occur before Thanksgiving dinner is served, but it’s all in good fun. You don’t need to have read the entire series to enjoy the couples in this one.
I did, however, write this one as a giant thank you to the readers of the series. I hope you will enjoy this final peek at the guys from Glamour. That I had this last book to write for them surprised me, and I hope it will entertain you over this holiday season.
What is something you’ve done that was unexpected?
Two proposals. One giant dog. Reunited lovers.
Welcome to Glamour, Arizona, where the holidays are never dull. Glamour may be a small town, but the surprises keep coming.
Everybody’s looking forward to Thanksgiving. Only Mac Sharma is a reluctant guest. Even as Anthony and Dean make him feel welcome at the Carrino table, Mac feels awkward among the close-knit group of friends. Life gets even more complicated when Conor Harvey shows up in town.
Mac has been in love with Conor since his university days. Too bad Conor broke his heart—right before he fled to his hometown in Ireland without explanation. Conor is still a wild artist and as sexy as Mac remembers. But they’re no longer kids. This Thanksgiving, Mac must decide if he can once more open his heart to Conor.
In Glamour, life is full of heartwarming moments. As the guys from Glamour learn, holiday magic happens when love is all around.
Skylar M. Cates loves a good romance. She is quite happy to drink some coffee, curl up with a good book, and not move all day. Skylar dreams about spending her days writing her novels, walking along the beach, and making more time for her good friends. On a shoestring budget, Skylar has traveled all over in her early years. Although, lately, the laundry room is the farthest place she has visited, Skylar still loves to chat with people from all around the globe.
Skylar has brought an ebook of choice to give away to one lucky reader. Just leave a comment at the end of the post to enter. The contest ends on Thursday, November 12, 2015 at 11:59 pm EST.
- By entering the giveaway, you’re confirming that you are at least 18 years old.
- Winners will be selected by random number. No purchase necessary to win. The number of eligible entries received determines the odds of winning.
- If you win, you must respond to my email within 48 hours or another winner may be chosen. Please make sure that your spam filter allows email from Joyfully Jay.
- Winners may be announced on the blog following the contest. By entering the contest you are agreeing to allow your name to be posted and promoted as the contest winner by Joyfully Jay.
- Prizes will be distributed following the giveaway either by Joyfully Jay or the person/organization donating the prize.
- All book prizes are in electronic format unless otherwise specified.
- By entering you are agreeing to hold Joyfully Jay harmless if the prize or giveaway in some way negatively impacts the winner.
- Readers may only enter once for each contest. Duplicate entries for the same giveaway will be ignored. In the event of technical problems with the blog during the contest, every effort will be made to extend the contest deadline to allow for additional entries.
- Void where prohibited by law.