Today I am so pleased to welcome Kenzie Cade to Joyfully Jay (aka our fabulous Crissy!). Kenzie has come to talk to us about her latest release with Piper Vaughn, Prickly By Nature. She has also brought along a copy of the first book in the series to give away! Please join me in giving Kenzie a big welcome!
For the Fun of Established Couples by Kenzie Cade
Hey y’all! Thanks Jay for having me! This is Kenzie and it’s release day!
I’ll admit, I love the bloom of a new romance. I love the meet cute (or the fiery, stubborn butting of heads). I love the getting to know each other stage, which again often involves stubbornness. I love the give in that’s so passionate and sweet. And l love, love, love the happily ever after.
These things are sometimes easy to map out as you begin reading a story, but what I’ve come to realize is that in a way I love storylines that are a continuation of an already established relationship. So when Piper and I began writing Prickly By Nature we knew we had our hands full. There is a fine art, I believe, to keeping an already established relationship interesting and captivating enough for a reader to divest time and emotion into.
There are merits to writing the newness of a relationship and the settled down portion. I’ve come to realize that while the beginning of any relationship is fun. So are the ups and downs of the established one. Sometimes more so because we already know and love those characters and, as readers (and authors) we’re already rooting for them to make it to the end together, side-by-side, with hearts and flowers and rainbows. But it’s the journey that makes that ending so much fun.
This being said, all things cannot and will not be easy for the established couple. It was one of the more fun aspects of writing this book. Dylan and Avery went through hell in Prickly Business and while everything came at them from all sides. In Prickly By Nature, their relationship is the key. And man does it take some hits, but again, that’s the important part. To me, it’s about what those hits add to a relationship. It’s about how the couple handles their obstacles and whether they grow or not.
Like I said earlier, I love new romance, but the burn of a growing relationship can be just as fabulous and all the more passionate.
So while we’re at it, I thought I’d give you a list of some of my favorite established couples (who have a recurring role in a series), and even though Dylan and Avery would totes be on this list, I’ll just leave that as a given.
- Sloan Brody and Dexter J. Daley—THIRDS series by Charlie Cochet
- Sam Kage & Jory Harcourt—A Matter of Time series by Mary Calmes
- Tristan & Ushna—Sumeria’s Sons series by Lexi Ander
- Gaige Rizik & Kieran Hareldson—The Draegan Lords series by M.L. Rhodes
- Ty Grady & Zane Garrett—Cut & Run series by Abigail Roux
- Taylor Hatfield & Corentin Devereaux—Fairy Tales of the Open Road series by Lex Chase
Tell me some of your favorite established couples.
In the four months since hedgehog shifter Avery Babineaux started investigating the disappearance of a young female werewolf from the Portland Pack, he’s discovered his life’s passion. Now he’s apprenticing under established PI Corbin Reid. Avery hopes his training with Reid will help him finally bring Lacey home, but detective work isn’t without its perils, and the potential dangers strain his relationship with his new mate, Dylan.
Dylan Green would be perfectly content with his mating and his motorcycle shop if it wasn’t for his constant worry about Avery’s safety and the fact that Avery’s never home. Proud as he might be of Avery’s determination to prove his worth and fulfill his promise to Lacey’s father, Dylan can’t stand the thought of Avery being hurt. Yet what right does he have to demand Avery give up his job when it’s clear Avery’s found his true purpose? Still, Dylan wishes he could, and the appearance of a new police detective who sets his sights on Avery only adds to the tension.
Something has to give, but stubbornness runs in both their veins, and it might take a catastrophe for them to find a compromise they can live with.
Kenzie Cade was born and raised in the South where she spends her days in the field of private medicine observing interesting people and committing them to memory for later use. When she isn’t reading, experimenting with recipes, or being distracted by social media, Kenzie spends time with her family, friends, and fur-babies who likes to keep her company while she writes. Writing to keep the fictional voices at bay, Kenzie enjoys the journeys her characters travel to find their happy endings, and she loves the challenge of writing a great love story.
- E-mail: email@example.com
- Blog: http://kenziecade.wordpress.com
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/kenziecade.author
- Twitter: @thekenziecade
Kenzie has brought a copy of Prickly Business, the first book in the series, to give away to one lucky reader. Just leave a comment at the end of the post to enter. The contest ends on Thursday, November 19th at 11:59 pm EST.
- By entering the giveaway, you’re confirming that you are at least 18 years old.
- Winners will be selected by random number. No purchase necessary to win. The number of eligible entries received determines the odds of winning.
- If you win, you must respond to my email within 48 hours or another winner may be chosen. Please make sure that your spam filter allows email from Joyfully Jay.
- Winners may be announced on the blog following the contest. By entering the contest you are agreeing to allow your name to be posted and promoted as the contest winner by Joyfully Jay.
- Prizes will be distributed following the giveaway either by Joyfully Jay or the person/organization donating the prize.
- All book prizes are in electronic format unless otherwise specified.
- By entering you are agreeing to hold Joyfully Jay harmless if the prize or giveaway in some way negatively impacts the winner.
- Readers may only enter once for each contest. Duplicate entries for the same giveaway will be ignored. In the event of technical problems with the blog during the contest, every effort will be made to extend the contest deadline to allow for additional entries.
- Void where prohibited by law.