Today I am so pleased to welcome Christine d’Abo to Joyfully Jay. Christine has come to talk to us about her latest release, Rebound Remedy. She has also brought along a great tour wide giveaway. Please join me in giving Christine a big welcome!
Hello and thank you for having me here today. I was super excited when I was asked to participate in this year’s Riptide holiday charity anthology. Not only were the proceeds going to an excellent cause, it gave me the opportunity to write a story where the power and magic of the holidays would help win the day.
That’s right, I love big sappy unrealistically happy holiday movies! And Dennis Leary’s movie The Ref, which should be mandatory holiday viewing as far as I’m concerned…but that’s another blog post.
I’ve always enjoyed Christmas and all the craziness that comes along with it. I even enjoy the television commercials that you end up seeing a bazillion times over a two month period. I’m a bit odd. Watching holiday movies with my family are some of my best memories. I thought it might be fun to list some of my favorite ones.
White Christmas. I first saw this not with my family, but with the very first class I taught when I was doing my Education degree. The teacher I was paired with loved White Christmas. He knew all the words and the songs. We took two days and watched it with our classes. While the students weren’t keen when we started, by the end they were in love too. Bing Crosby was amazing.
The Sound of Music. I’m Canadian and growing up we didn’t have a lot of choices when it came to television channels. One thing I could count on every year was the CBC showing The Sound of Music over the holidays. This was one that my parents grew to not enjoy as much as me, but when I met my husband and found out that this was one of his favorite movies, I knew we were meant to be.
How the Grinch Stole Christmas. THE CARTOON! Not that weird Jim Carey thing. I loved hearing the Tony the Tiger man sing “You’re a Mean One Mr. Grinch”. I loved the Dr. Seuss drawings. Seeing that cartoon annually makes it feel like Christmas to me, even now.
A Charlie Brown Christmas. Anyone who knows me shouldn’t be surprised at seeing this on my list. I’ve adored Snoopy since I was a kid. I felt for Charlie Brown and all of his struggles. When they decorate the tree and sing at the end…love.
What are some of your favorite holiday movies?
If you would like to learn more about me, please pay a visit to my website www.christinedabo.com. I’m also very active on Twitter as @Christine_dAbo and have a monthly newsletter. If you’d like to sign up, simply click here to fill out the form.
The last thing Cole expects to get for the holidays is dumped. But there he is, in the airport on his way to Banff for a romantic getaway, helplessly watching as his boyfriend’s ex declares undying love, proposes—and is accepted. With a few weeks to go until Christmas, Cole’s mood dives from jolly to jaded. But instead of sitting at home alone and feeling sorry for himself, he goes to his favorite bar, McGregor’s, for a pint and some company.
The moment Owen McGregor sets eyes on Cole, he knows there’s something wrong. So he takes it upon himself to ensure that Cole has a happy holiday: twelve outings for the twelve days before Christmas. Even if he can’t quite think up twelve activities that don’t involve getting the forlorn hunk into his bed.
With each outing they take together, Cole realizes that the love he thought he’d shared with his ex was less than perfect. And that Owen might prove to be more than just his rebound remedy.
Rebound Remedy is one of Riptide’s 2015 charity titles.
Twenty percent of the proceeds from this title will be donated to the Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual and Transgender (GLBT) National Help Center.
Founded in 1996, the GLBT National Help Center is a non-profit organization that provides vital peer-support, community connections and resource information to people with questions regarding sexual orientation and/or gender identity. Utilizing a diverse group of GLBT volunteers, they operate two national hotlines, the GLBT National Hotline and the GLBT National Youth Talkline, as well as private, volunteer one-to-one online chat, that help both youth and adults with coming-out issues, safer-sex information, school bullying, family concerns, relationship problems and a lot more.
To learn more about this charity or to donate directly, please visit their website: http://www.glbthotline.org/
A romance novelist and short story writer, Christine has over thirty publications to her name. She loves to exercise and stops writing just long enough to keep her body in motion too. When she’s not pretending to be a ninja in her basement, she’s most likely spending time with her family and two dogs.
Connect with Christine:
- Website: christinedabo.com
- Blog: christinedabo.blogspot.ca
- Facebook: facebook.com/AuthorChristinedAbo
- Twitter: @Christine_dAbo
- Tumblr: christinedabo.tumblr.com
- Pintrest: pintrest.com/christinedabo
- Goodreads: goodreads.com/christine_d_abo
To celebrate the release of Rebound Remedy, Christine is giving away a tin of tea from David’s Teas! Your first comment at each stop on this tour enters you in the drawing. Entries close at midnight, Eastern time, on November 14, 2015. Contest is NOT restricted to U.S. Entries. Follow the tour for more opportunities to enter the giveaway! Don’t forget to leave your email or method of contact so Riptide can reach you if you win!
- By entering the giveaway, you’re confirming that you are at least 18 years old.
- Winners will be selected by random number. No purchase necessary to win. The number of eligible entries received determines the odds of winning.
- If you win, you must respond to my email within 48 hours or another winner may be chosen. Please make sure that your spam filter allows email from Joyfully Jay.
- Winners may be announced on the blog following the contest. By entering the contest you are agreeing to allow your name to be posted and promoted as the contest winner by Joyfully Jay.
- Prizes will be distributed following the giveaway either by Joyfully Jay or the person/organization donating the prize.
- All book prizes are in electronic format unless otherwise specified.
- By entering you are agreeing to hold Joyfully Jay harmless if the prize or giveaway in some way negatively impacts the winner.
- Readers may only enter once for each contest. Duplicate entries for the same giveaway will be ignored. In the event of technical problems with the blog during the contest, every effort will be made to extend the contest deadline to allow for additional entries.
- Void where prohibited by law.