Happy almost 2016! We’re at that time of year again where I get to tell you what books I loved this year. And I certainly read a lot of them. Goodreads tells me that, to date, I’ve read 193 books this year. That number does not include the ones that I forgot to mark (obviously) or the ones that haven’t come out yet.
That being said, narrowing down a manageable list of favorites was near impossible—again—this year. However, Jay said I absolutely could not present you with forty books (because really I had originally narrowed it down to a mere forty) so here are my twenty (three because I added cover art) favorites, by category (including this year’s Time Travel Week favorite), in no particular order, because really, that would have taken me decades.
- The High King’s Golden Tongue by Megan Derr
- Trust the Focus by Megan Erickson
- With This Bling by LB Gregg
- Fish Stick Fridays by Rhys Ford
- Unbreak Broken by JK Hogan
- Fit to be Tied by Mary Calmes
- Strange Bedfellows by Cardeno C.
- The Bacchi by Belinda McBride
- THIRDS series by Charlie Cochet
- Piece of Cake by Mary Calmes
- Darksoul by Lexi Ander
- Fever Pitch by Heidi Cullinan (Narrated by Iggy Toma)
- Word on a Wing by Jamie Craig
Time Travel Week
- Agamemnon Frost & the House of Death by Kim Knox
- The Storm Before the Calm by Cate Ashwood (Cover Art by Anna Sikorska)
- Strange Bedfellows by Cardeno C (Cover Art by Jay Aheer)
- Where Wishes Go by S.A. McAuley (Cover Art by Paul Richmond)