Today I am so pleased to welcome back Kenzie Cade to Joyfully Jay. Kenzie has come to talk to us about her latest release, Reindeer Games. She has also brought along a copy to give away. Please join me in giving Kenzie a big welcome!
Bring on the Season by Kenzie Cade
Hey guys! Thanks for stopping by and thanks to JJ for having me!
So here in my home state, we don’t really see a lot of changes in the seasons. We kind of drift from one extreme to the next, Summer to Winter and Winter to Summer with a few weeks pause in between for what most of you would probably consider Spring and Fall, although the temps here aren’t consistently Spring-y or Fall-ish.
I happen to be part of the minority here when it comes to my love for the cold and winter, but I have so many reasons to love it. So in Dave Letterman fashion, I’m going to count down the reasons why the winter season is my favorite (although I’m only gonna do five).
5. Winter is flannel pajama season. To be fair, I could really just say comfy pajama season. I love pajamas. We even have a family tradition where we get new pajamas on Christmas Eve. I love comfy.
4. The Princess Bride. Okay, so I know this is not a wintertime/holiday movie, but to my family and me it always has been—at least since I was five. One Christmas, long long ago, my uncle wanted to rent a video (yep, as in VHS) and took my cousins and I to Blockbuster (it was a really long time ago) and there, we rented The Princess Bride. For some reason, every year afterward, we watched that movie on Christmas day. I still do. I love Buttercup and Wesley. I mostly love Inigo and his passion and determination—also because he’s a genius.
3. Hot Chocolate. I love it, and I won’t lie. If it’s between me making Peppermint Hot Chocolate and going to Starbucks, Starbucks wins every time. They’re awesome. Although I do have a stash of hot chocolate recipes that I love and have to make because I can’t find them anywhere. Like white chocolate pumpkin spice with Kahlúa. Yum. Just sayin.
2. Holiday stories. I love, love, love the new stories that come out as the season begins every year. There’s just something about winter and romance that goes so perfectly together. The cold weather and warm feelings (or sizzling sheets) just mix. Something about the season makes happy endings so much sweeter.
1. Snow, ice, and fireplaces. Like I said earlier, my opinion of Winter is not the majority response in my area, but I love the snow. I even like the ice, but that’s more for selfish reasons. I especially like when it gets so cold outside that I have no choice but to use my fireplace. Winter makes the perfect setting (and reason) to curl up and read a book—which I do often.
As you can see, I have much love for this time of year. Tell me your favorite things about the Winter season.
Dashing von Stride has one thing on his mind: winning the window display contest for the Miracle on Main Christmas Contest. His plans are set and ready—and then he walks into his toy store, Reindeer Games, to find a sleigh that shouldn’t be there. The mystery sleigh sparks a new plan, however, and now all Dash needs is the perfect Santa to model his display after.
This year, the pranks with his reindeer have gotten out of hand. Instead of preparing for the Big Day, Niklaus Kringle is hunting for his missing sleigh. Locating it should have been easy, but games easily won are seldom worth playing…
Kenzie Cade was born and raised in the South where she spends her days in the field of private medicine observing interesting people and committing them to memory for later use. When she isn’t reading, experimenting with recipes, or being distracted by social media, Kenzie spends time with her family, friends, and fur-babies who likes to keep her company while she writes. Writing to keep the fictional voices at bay, Kenzie enjoys the journeys her characters travel to find their happy endings, and she loves the challenge of writing a great love story.
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Blog: http://kenziecade.wordpress.com
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/kenziecade.author
- Twitter: @thekenziecade
Kenzie has brought a copy of Reindeer Games to give away to one lucky reader. Just leave a comment at the end of the post to enter. The contest ends on Monday, December 14th at 11:59 pm EST.
- By entering the giveaway, you’re confirming that you are at least 18 years old.
- Winners will be selected by random number. No purchase necessary to win. The number of eligible entries received determines the odds of winning.
- If you win, you must respond to my email within 48 hours or another winner may be chosen. Please make sure that your spam filter allows email from Joyfully Jay.
- Winners may be announced on the blog following the contest. By entering the contest you are agreeing to allow your name to be posted and promoted as the contest winner by Joyfully Jay.
- Prizes will be distributed following the giveaway either by Joyfully Jay or the person/organization donating the prize.
- All book prizes are in electronic format unless otherwise specified.
- By entering you are agreeing to hold Joyfully Jay harmless if the prize or giveaway in some way negatively impacts the winner.
- Readers may only enter once for each contest. Duplicate entries for the same giveaway will be ignored. In the event of technical problems with the blog during the contest, every effort will be made to extend the contest deadline to allow for additional entries.
- Void where prohibited by law.