Today I am so pleased to welcome CJane Elliott who has come to talk to us about her latest release, There You Are. She is sharing an interview with one of her characters and has brought along a great giveaway. Please join me in giving her a big welcome!
Hi there! Thank you for having me on the blog today to share about my new novella, There You Are, which is the second book in the Wild and Precious series. There You Are picks up the story of Cody Bellstrom where we left him in Wild and Precious. He moves to Portland, Oregon, and meets the man who is to become the love of his life, Phineas MacDonald. But they both have issues to work through before they can get to their happy ending.
By the way, those who have read my novella, Mercury In Retrograde, will recognize a cameo appearance of one of the main characters, Alex Harrison, toward the end of the book. It’s a short but key scene which proves to be a turning point for Cody.
Character interview – Cody
1) What do you find attractive in a man?
I love lots of things about men, but let me tell you about my man, Phineas. One of the most alluring qualities to Phineas is his androgyny. This may be because I’m bisexual and drawn to both men and women. I feel lucky that Phinney has both masculine and feminine energy going on. He’s a drag queen and I love his feminine side.
2) The first thing that went through your head when you saw Phineas.
“What a beautiful man. But he looks sad.” Phineas was still grieving the loss of his partner when I met him. I wanted to find a way to make him happy again.
3) Do you think you’ll insist the author visits you again?
I already have and she has obliged! The next story, Sand-Man’s Journey, picks up where There You Are leaves off, although its focus is Sandy Nixon, Phineas’s nephew. I love Sandy, especially because he’s the reason I met Phineas in the first place.
4) Before you met Phineas, what was your ideal man?
Being bisexual, I’ve been attracted to many types of people, male and female, over the years. But when I look back over the kinds of people I fall for, I would say that creative, sensitive people are usually my Kryptonite. I’ve also always had a fondness for gingers, which Phineas is.
5) You’re going out for dinner. What’s your favorite food?
I love food and enjoy cooking. I don’t really have a favorite food. When I go out to eat, I like to try new things all the time, which drives Phineas crazy. He’s more a creature of habit than I am.
Bisexual musician Cody Bellstrom is a free spirit, easygoing and unattached. On a cross-country trip, Cody befriends young Sandy Nixon and gets him safely to Portland and his uncle, Phineas MacDonald. Beautiful Phineas turns Cody’s life upside down, and Cody learns he’s not as unattached as he aspires to be. With the hard-won knowledge of what lies underneath his need to be free, Cody wins a chance at real freedom and true love.
Ever since his longtime lover Allen died, Phineas MacDonald has lived a circumscribed life. He stopped performing as fierce drag queen Phanny Hill and works part-time in a bookstore. Phineas never expected to find love again. But when sexy and caring Cody Bellstrom turns up, Phineas feels his orderly life slipping out of his control. Cody brings him alive again, but now Phineas must find the courage to let go of his grief over Allen and give love a second chance.
- Dreamspinner: http://www.dreamspinnerpress.com/store/product_info.php?products_id=7223
- ARe: https://www.allromanceebooks.com/product-thereyouare-1937850-149.html
- Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/There-You-Wild-Precious-Book-ebook/dp/B019BI3F6W
- Apple: https://itunes.apple.com/us/book/there-you-are/id1065972643
- Kobo: https://store.kobobooks.com/en-ca/ebook/there-you-are-3
- Barne&Noble: http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/there-you-are-cjane-elliott/1123128281
- Google Play: https://play.google.com/store/books/details/CJane_Elliott_There_You_Are?id=WJEvCwAAQBAJ
After years of hearing characters chatting away in her head, CJane Elliott finally decided to put them on paper and hasn’t looked back since. A psychotherapist by training, CJane enjoys writing sexy, passionate stories that also explore the human psyche. CJane has traveled all over North America for work and her characters are travelers, too, traveling down into their own depths to find what they need to get to the happy ending.
CJane is an ardent supporter of LGBTQ equality and is particularly fond of coming out stories.
In her spare time, CJane can be found dancing, listening to music, or watching old movies. Her husband and son support her writing habit by staying out of the way when they see her hunched over, staring intensely at her laptop.
Where to find the author:
- E-mail: email@example.com
- Website: http://www.cjaneelliott.com
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/CJaneElliott
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/cjane.elliott
Jane has brought a backlist book to give away to one lucky reader. Just follow the Rafflecopter link below to enter.
- By entering the giveaway, you’re confirming that you are at least 18 years old.
- By entering you are agreeing to the Terms and Conditions set out by Rafflecopter for entries.
- Winners may be announced on the blog following the contest. By entering the contest you are agreeing to allow your name to be posted and promoted as the contest winner by Joyfully Jay.
- Prizes will be distributed following the giveaway either by Joyfully Jay or the person/organization donating the prize.
- By entering you are agreeing to hold Joyfully Jay harmless if the prize or giveaway in some way negatively impacts the winner.
- Void where prohibited by law.
Congratulations on the new release, Jane! As for the question, I’m not much into videogames… I’m much more into reading! 😉
Congratulations on the new release.
I think I got a different question to the commencer above, mine asked if you could play a musical instrument and my answer is that I’m so untalented musically that I can barely play a CD.
I’m another who is musically challenged. If a magic wand were to wave in my direction, I’d love to be able to play the piano. Thanks for sharing the interview with Cody!
I just finished book one and am so excited for book two. Cody is so sweet. He deserves a happy ending! Oh. and I play the piano, guitar and accordion.
I can play the snare, but I’ve always wanted to play a full drum kit. 😀
I played piano until I left home in my early twenties. I didn’t have a piano to play after that and it’s been so long now I probably couldn’t play Chopsticks.
I don’t play any instruments but I have always sung. All through school I was in some sort of performing choir.
Thank you for the character interview. I use to play the flute, that lasted four years until I decided it was time to let it go.
I can get by on piano and guitar…
Congratulations! I taught myself to play piano as a small child. As music is an integral part of life, I made sure my daughter had opportunities to play a lot of instruments. I played with the instruments we gave her and seemed okay, but still find it easier to pick out tunes on the ivory.
The book sounds great, can’t wait to pick it up!