Now that the craziness of the end of year is dying down, I just wanted to take a moment to look back on the past year.
First off, thanks to everyone who helped make this a fabulous year. This blog wouldn’t be the same without my wonderful reviewers who spend hours of their own time reading and writing reviews to help share their love of the genre. So thank you to the entire reviewing gang! Thank you as well to the fabulous authors and publishers who share their books with us. And most of all, thanks to all of you readers who have helped make Joyfully Jay a thriving blog with your enthusiasm for m/m romance and your support of our efforts here.
I got a cool report from one of the plug ins that I use that gave me some highlights of the year. So here are some fun facts from 2015:
- The Louvre Museum has 8.5 million visitors per year. This blog was viewed about 320,000 times in 2015. If it were an exhibit at the Louvre Museum, it would take about 14 days for that many people to see it.
- The busiest day of the year was September 29th and the most popular post that day was the cover reveal for Part & Parcel by Abigail Roux
- In 2015, there were 1,377 new posts. The most popular posts in 2015 were:
- Most visitors came from the United States, but readers found the blog from 157 countries
- We had lots of great reader participation! Thanks to HB, Kareni, Susana, Barbra, and Trix for being our top five commenters!
- Overall, since March 2013 (when I started the new stats tracker), we have had just shy of 1.5 million total reads on the blog
For 2016, we have some more fun stuff planned for you all.
- We are planning right now for our next Theme Week. On Sunday look for a poll where you can vote on the three theme finalists. The event will be held March 6-12 so keep your eyes open for more details
- We are continuing our Weekly Newsletter and Daily Digest. The Digest is a list of all the posts each day, and the Weekly Newsletter has info on sale books, deals, and other romance land and blog news. If you want to learn more about the newsletters or sign up, check out our Newsletters page
- I will be looking for a few new reviewers in the coming weeks. Keep your eyes open for more details and that announcements
- In 2016 I will be attending the Coastal Magic Conference in Feb, Romantic Times Booklovers Convention in April, and GRL in October. There is a chance I may manage to squeak in another event or two but not quite sure yet.
So that is my 2015 in a nutshell. Thanks so much you guys for making 2015 such a great year!