Today I am so pleased to welcome S.A. McAuley to Joyfully Jay. Sam has come to talk to us about her The Borders War Series, and the final book, Strength of the Rising Sun. She has also brought along an AMAZING giveaway of a KINDLE FIRE! Please join me in giving her a big welcome!
In less than a week, Merq and Armise’s fates will be revealed (*eep!*). The Borders War series has been almost a four year process for me and I’m so excited to finally get all five books into your hands and ereaders. For those of you who have read Falling, One by One you’ll know that the path for Merq and Armise hasn’t been an easy one (*I’m so sorry!*), but we’re almost to the end.
Merq has always been a soldier first, and Armise was his enemy for years, but things are changing for both of them. Their world is still a dark place–filled with violence and uncertainty–yet when they stand together there are few who are strong enough to challenge them.
The secret Armise has been protecting Merq from is about to be revealed, and it will have consequences neither of them can anticipate. In six more days, that life-altering secret will be unearthed!
Thank you for taking this journey with me!
The world has only recently emerged from a three hundred-year war which saw half of the world’s population wiped out and the rise of five superpowers. Despite the hundreds of millions who died, the Borders War was nearly bloodless because of the sonicrifle—weaponized sound waves, tuned to their highest frequency and harnessed to kill.
Merq Grayson has known only war. He is a skilled Peacemaker, soldier and sniper, and it is his destiny to right the wrong created by his grandfather six generations back—the man who invented the sonicbullet.
Armise Darcan is his enemy. A sniper and Dark Ops officer who fought for the People’s Republic of Singapore in the Borders War, Armise may be the only person on the planet strong enough to keep Merq from completing his mission.
Their loyalties are to conflicting countries and diverging agendas, and despite the very real threat to their lives if they’re discovered, Merq and Armise keep finding their way into each other’s beds. It is a drive which Merq is sure will kill him one day.
But how much time either of them has is questionable. As Opposition is pitted against Revolution, the Borders War reignites, and Merq and Armise have to decide where, and with whom, their real loyalties lie.
I sleep little, read a lot. Happiest in a foreign country. Twitchy when not mentally in motion. My name is Sam, not Sammy, definitely not Samantha. I’m a pretty dark/cynical/jaded person, but I hide that darkness well behind my obsession(s) for shiny objects. I’m the macabre wrapped in irresistible bubble wrap and a glittery pink bow, I suppose.
Sam has brought a 7″ KINDLE FIRE to give away to one lucky Joyfully Jay reader! Just leave a comment at the end of the post to enter. The contest ends on Sunday, January 24th at 11:59 pm EST.
- By entering the giveaway, you’re confirming that you are at least 18 years old.
- Winners will be selected by random number. No purchase necessary to win. The number of eligible entries received determines the odds of winning.
- If you win, you must respond to my email within 48 hours or another winner may be chosen. Please make sure that your spam filter allows email from Joyfully Jay.
- Winners may be announced on the blog following the contest. By entering the contest you are agreeing to allow your name to be posted and promoted as the contest winner by Joyfully Jay.
- Prizes will be distributed following the giveaway either by Joyfully Jay or the person/organization donating the prize.
- All book prizes are in electronic format unless otherwise specified.
- By entering you are agreeing to hold Joyfully Jay harmless if the prize or giveaway in some way negatively impacts the winner.
- Readers may only enter once for each contest. Duplicate entries for the same giveaway will be ignored. In the event of technical problems with the blog during the contest, every effort will be made to extend the contest deadline to allow for additional entries.
- Void where prohibited by law.