As many of you have probably heard, Samhain Publishing is winding down operations and will be closing. It hasn’t been a great year for small publishers, and each one is a loss. But the Samhain situation is hitting me particularly hard. They are a publisher I have always adored. And more than that, a publisher who I could always rely on. When a book came out from Samhain, I could pretty much guarantee it would be a quality story with good editing and a well done cover. I still remember when the blog got big enough to make it on to their reviewer list. I was so thrilled and I gobbled so many books that they published.
Now just to clarify, Samhain is still open and will continue to publish books that are in their pipeline. But they are winding down operations and won’t be taking on anything new. So please keep checking out their books and don’t stop buying. I know the authors and the folks at the publisher really appreciate the sales.
So in the spirit of celebrating this publisher and all the joy their books have given me over the years, I have decided to share some of my absolute favorite Samhain books with you. Like I said, there is still time to purchase these. Just seeing them all is making me sad, but these are such wonderful stories I want you all to be able to enjoy them to. So here are some of my favorites. And click here to see all our reviews of Samhain books.
- Love Lessons series by Heidi Cullinan (and Clockwork Heart, and the Minnesota Christmas series, and Carry the Ocean, and the Special Delivery series, and A Private Gentleman. It is impossible to overestimate how many wonderful books this author has written with Samhain)
- So many things by Harper Fox! Some favorites include Cold Fusion, Brothers of the Wild North Sea, and Scrap Metal
- Enlightenment series by Joanna Chambers (plus The Dream Alchemist)
- Bend or Break series by Amy Jo Cousins
- Bad in Baltimore series and Florida series by K.A. Mitchell (including my all time favorite of hers, Collision Course)
- All the things by K.J. Charles, including the amazing A Charm of Magpies series, plus Jackdaw, and Think of England
- Adder by Ally Blue
- How to Train Your Dom in 5 Easy Steps by Josephine Myles (and the Hot Floor, and Handle With Care, and Barging In)
- Out of Focus by L.A. Witt
- Sanguine series by Lou Harper (and Last Stop)
- Men of Honor series by S.E. Jakes
- With or Without Him and Every Move He Makes by Barbara Elsborg
- The Tooth and Claw series by L.A. Witt
- Distance Between Us series by L.A. Witt
- Fall Hard by J.L. Merrow (and Hard Tail and Muscling Through)
- Forever in One Second by Finn Marlowe
- Family Man by Heidi Cullinan and Marie Sexton
- Sci-Regency series by J.L. Langley
- The Psychic and the Sleuth by Bonnie Dee and Summer Devon
- EPistols at Dawn by Z.A. Mayfield
These are only the tip of the iceberg of all the wonderful Samhain books I have read. I encourage you to check these out and to look at all our reviews of their books.
And if you have any favorites I missed, please share them in the comments!